|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Henry's confidante.
(c) A commentator.
(d) Henry's conscience.
2. What is the technique called that exposes flaws by making them extreme?
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(a) El Pachuco.
(d) Lt. Edwards.
5. What does El Pachuco believe should be most important to a true pachuco?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a zoot suit cut?
2. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
3. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
5. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)