|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Smiley not want door-to-door fund raising for their defense fund?
(a) It is humiliating.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) The people are too poor to give.
(d) They don't need the money.
2. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
(b) Butcher knives.
3. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(b) Locks him in a closet.
(c) Throws him in a cell with others.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
4. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A church in the barrio.
(b) A store in the barrio.
(c) A meeting in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 1800s.
(b) In the 20s.
(c) In the 80s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
4. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
5. George insists that the Prosecution has only proved what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)