|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Dolores and Enrique happy in Act 2, scene 9?
(a) Both their boys are coming home.
(b) Henry is coming home from prison.
(c) They have a grandson.
(d) Rudy is coming home from war.
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) Gang colors.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) A gang sweatshirt.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
3. What does Alice do when Henry tells her he is dropping out of the appeal?
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Has him fill out paperwork.
(d) Loses her temper.
4. Who comes to Los Angeles on the night of the Riots?
(a) Airmen on leave.
(b) Sailors on leave.
(c) Soldiers on leave.
(d) Marines on leave.
5. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(b) Locks him in a closet.
(c) Throws him in a cell with others.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the military members attack while on leave in Los Angeles?
2. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
3. The headlines, in Act 2, scene 8, announce what?
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
5. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)