|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(a) El Pachuco.
(b) The police.
2. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
(a) His gang.
(b) His race.
(d) His community.
3. How is a zoot suit cut?
(a) Loose and tailored.
(b) Large and baggy.
(c) Narrow and close-fitting.
(d) Slim and tight.
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Prevent cover-ups.
(b) Wipe out prejudice.
(c) Wipe out bad police officers.
(d) Wipe out bad investigations.
5. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 20s.
(c) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 80s.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
2. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
3. Other than Henry, what is the name of one of the gang members in prison?
4. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
5. The powerful pachuco dream, according to El Pachuco, is to be a proud and ______ Chicano.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)