|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
(a) The Press.
(b) The judge and the Press.
(c) The policemen.
(d) Alice and George.
2. Before leaving, Alice reassures Henry that she believes what?
(a) That they will get a fair trial.
(b) In the fairness of the courts.
(c) In his innocence.
(d) That their lives will be better.
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
(a) Henry's confidante.
(b) A commentator.
(c) Henry's conscience.
(d) The narrator.
4. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A gang sweatshirt.
(b) A zoot suit.
(c) Gang colors.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
5. What does the play begin with?
(a) An action sequence.
(b) An epilogue.
(c) A prologue.
(d) An explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rudy doing the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder that Henry was warned about?
2. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
3. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
4. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
5. What does the zoot suit take a lot of to make?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)