|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Downey gang disappear from the fight between Henry and Rafas?
(a) When Henry lets Rafas go.
(b) When Rafas beats up Henry.
(c) When Henry beats up Rafas.
(d) When Rafas orders them to leave.
2. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
3. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Protect the boys' parents.
(b) Keep the boys out of jail.
(c) Protect the boys' gang.
(d) Represent the boys.
4. Why is Henry desperate to get out of jail?
(a) To go into the Army.
(b) To go into the Marines.
(c) To go into the Navy.
(d) To go into the Air Force.
5. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a police station.
(d) In jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
2. El Pachuco tells Henry that George and Alice are using him for what?
3. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
4. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
5. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)