|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco says Henry should stay and fight a war in his hometown against what?
2. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
(a) A zoot suit.
(b) Gang colors.
(c) A gang sweatshirt.
(d) A t-shirt and jeans.
3. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(d) People's tempers.
4. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
5. What does the play begin with?
(a) An explanation.
(b) An epilogue.
(c) A prologue.
(d) An action sequence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
2. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
3. In Act 1, scene 5, what do the questions from the Press hint at?
4. According to Alice, why is she asking Henry questions?
5. Just because Tommy is integrated into the gang does not mean the gang trusts what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)