|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry's girlfriend when Henry appears for the first time in the play?
2. In Act 1, scene 8, Henry brags that no matter what happens he will do what?
(a) Stand up for the Chicano way of life.
(b) Be a pachuco for life.
(c) Come out on top.
(d) Join the military.
3. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened the night of the dance.
(b) What happened at the barn.
(c) What happened at the diner.
(d) What happened in the field.
4. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
(a) Set people up to accuse him.
(b) Charge him with a parole violation.
(c) Set him up on a phony charge.
(d) Make him commit another crime.
5. According to El Pachuco, why is Alice asking Henry questions?
(a) To get herself ahead.
(b) For her own purposes.
(c) To make herself look smart.
(d) Because she is biased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the people who learn about life by living it?
2. Where does the fight that Edwards and Smith want Henry to tell them about occur?
3. What is the name of Henry's mother?
4. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
5. El Pachuco describes the "Pachuco" as part mythic what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)