|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the truth about what happened the night of the raid revealed?
(a) Through an aside.
(b) Through flashbacks.
(c) In a soliloquy.
(d) In a narrative.
2. What does Henry's mother send him in prison that he never receives?
(b) A care package.
(c) Clean clothes.
(d) A letter.
3. Why does El Pachuco think Henry's idea of fighting in the military is ridiculous?
(a) Because he isn't allowed to be a citizen.
(b) Because the country doesn't treat him like a proper citizen.
(c) Because he isn't allowed to vote.
(d) Because law enforcement don't like him.
4. What does the play begin with?
(a) An action sequence.
(b) An explanation.
(c) An epilogue.
(d) A prologue.
5. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A dance in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A store in the barrio.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
2. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)