|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Henry out of the line-up and throws him to the floor?
2. What is George not allowed to do with his clients during the trial?
(a) Speak for his clients.
(b) Hear from his clients.
(c) Consult with his clients.
(d) See his clients.
3. What era is El Pachuco's zoot suit from?
(a) The 40s.
(b) The 20s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 50s.
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
(a) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 20s.
(d) In the 80s.
5. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Life without parole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
2. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
3. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
4. What do George and Alice try to do to Henry when the Judge declares a break in the court proceedings?
5. When Henry starts listening to El Pachuco, it shows he is starting to act less in his own interests and more in the interests of what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)