|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, scene iii take place?
(a) At a trial.
(b) In a courthouse.
(c) At a police station.
(d) In jail.
2. Which character lists the headlines that appears in the papers after the arrests and the raid?
(c) El Pachuco.
(d) Lt. Edwards.
3. In Act 1, scene 10, Henry and Della are strolling where?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Down the town square.
(c) In the moonlight.
(d) In a field.
4. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(b) Commenting on the action.
5. What is the last thing that happens before the jury deliberates?
(a) A listing of the crimes.
(b) Cloture statements.
(c) Closing statements.
(d) A reiteration of the facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's mother not want him to wear to the dance?
2. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
3. What is the sound that is blaring at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
4. What is name of the rival gang that appears in Act 1, scene i?
5. According to El Pachuco, what happens to a Mexican once he is in jail?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)