|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(b) Familial visits.
(c) Clean clothing.
2. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) By El Pachuco.
(b) With a television reporter.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By George.
3. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
4. When George loses he temper when the boys question him, what does he say the organization he works for tries to do?
(a) Prevent cover-ups.
(b) Wipe out prejudice.
(c) Wipe out bad investigations.
(d) Wipe out bad police officers.
5. Where had the Downeys been causing trouble earlier in the evening?
(a) At the diner.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the movie theater.
(d) At the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. On how many counts are the defendants found guilty?
2. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
3. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
4. According to El Pachuco, what era of the Chicanos wanted to live the powerful pachuco dream?
5. What does El Pachuco do when Henry's mother and father leave?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)