|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is exploding at the beginning of Act 1, scene ii?
(a) People's tempers.
(b) Pipe bombs.
2. After the Judge sends the Jury to deliberate, what does El Pachuco do to bring the jury back?
(b) Snaps his fingers.
(c) Claps his hands.
(d) Looks at the Jury.
3. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Set Henry and the others free.
(b) Railroad Henry and the others.
(c) Put the guilty people in jail.
(d) Get to the truth of the matter.
4. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
5. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
Short Answer Questions
1. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
2. What does Henry believe the police will do to throw him in jail?
3. What is the role of El Pachuco at the beginning of Act 1, scene iii?
4. Why does Henry get involved in the fight between Rudy and Rafas?
5. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)