|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy River.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
2. What is the setting of Act 1, scene i?
(a) A meeting in the barrio.
(b) A store in the barrio.
(c) A church in the barrio.
(d) A dance in the barrio.
3. What job does Alice say she has?
(a) Immigration lawyer.
(c) Social activist.
(d) Public defender.
4. Who stops the action in the play when Henry and Rafas pull out their weapons?
(b) The police.
(c) El Pachuco.
5. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
2. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
3. How many parts are there in Act 1, scene iv?
4. What does the play begin with?
5. At the end of Act 1, scene11, El Pachuco says that it is what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)