|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George Shearer meets the boys for the first time, he says he is a lawyer hired to do what?
(a) Represent the boys.
(b) Protect the boys' gang.
(c) Keep the boys out of jail.
(d) Protect the boys' parents.
2. What does Henry ask for when he finally writes to Alice?
(a) An update on their appeal.
(b) A care package.
(c) A private meeting.
(d) An update on his family.
3. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
(a) A ending.
(b) A recess.
(c) A break.
(d) A closure.
4. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
5. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) The outside world.
(c) His ambitions.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prosecution says Henry and his friends aren't only guilty of the crime, but are also guilty of what?
2. The tension is between the Chicanos and what other ethnic group?
3. Every objection George makes during the trial is what?
4. The type of people Alice and George represent are common at the time of the play, and when else?
5. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)