|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guard calls out their numbers, what do the boys call out?
(a) Their cell numbers.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) That they are present.
2. How does Act 2 start?
(a) With a prologue.
(b) With the riots.
(c) With the families of the gang members.
(d) With scene 1.
3. Where does Henry put his knife?
(a) At Rafas' arm.
(b) At Rafas' knee.
(c) At Rafas' throat.
(d) At Rafas' ear.
4. George is angry because what is being withheld from the gang members?
(c) Familial visits.
(d) Clean clothing.
5. In Act 1, scene 11, it is clear that the prosecution's questioning of Della is an attempt to do what?
(a) Put the guilty people in jail.
(b) Get to the truth of the matter.
(c) Railroad Henry and the others.
(d) Set Henry and the others free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry asks Alice to pass along his love for whom?
2. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
3. What does it suggest that the Press plays the prosecution?
4. What does Henry do after El Pachuco fades into the shadows with his arms risen at the end of Act 2, scene 6?
5. What type of technique is used to make Henry's trial a joke?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)