|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence do Henry and the others receive?
(b) Life without parole.
(d) Life imprisonment.
2. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Fit into American life.
(b) Have a family.
(c) Have the American dream.
(d) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
3. Alice and George represent well-meaning what?
(a) Intellectual leftists.
(b) Intellectual rightists.
(c) Intellectual conservatives.
(d) Intellectual social engagers.
4. In Act 2, scene 6, who functions as the narrator to describe the riots?
(a) The News.
(b) The Press.
5. The actors who play the Press also play what role?
(a) The Narrator.
(b) The Prosecution.
(c) The Court Clerk.
(d) The Audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a break in court proceedings?
2. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
3. The military members say they attacked the others because they were staying home and wearing expensive clothes while what?
4. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
5. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)