|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell George when George convinces him to let him work for the boy?
(a) What happened at the diner.
(b) What happened at the barn.
(c) What happened the night of the dance.
(d) What happened in the field.
2. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
(a) The night of the murder at the dance.
(b) The night of the Sleepy Hollow murder.
(c) The night of the riots.
(d) The night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder.
3. Where does the Judge order Della to go?
(a) A girls' ranch.
(c) Reform school.
(d) The military.
4. According to Della, why do the people at the party attack the pachucos?
(a) They hate poor people.
(b) They don't like Chicanos.
(c) They think they are the Downeys.
(d) They hate Henry.
5. The story of Henry at the party illustrates his desire to do what?
(a) Have the American dream.
(b) Fit into American life.
(c) Have a family.
(d) Live the Chicano lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rafas and Henry pull out during the fight?
2. The gang sees Alice and George's intentions as being fine in theory, but what?
3. What happened to El Pachuco symbolizes white society's desire to do what?
4. According to Della, what is the man's name who dies the night of the Sleepy Lagoon murder?
5. After the verdict, George and Alice promise Henry that there will be what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)