|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
(a) Identify people.
(b) Separate people.
(c) Make the man.
(d) Need rationing.
2. What is El Pachuco doing at the beginning of Act 1, scene 7?
(b) Commenting on the action.
3. What is emerging between the boys and George and Alice in the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Family bonds.
4. What element of the play is closed at the end of Act 1?
(a) The mystery of Sleepy Cove.
(b) The mystery of Sleepy Lagoon.
(c) The mystery of Sleepy Hollow.
(d) The mystery of Sleepy River.
5. What does El Pachuco tell Henry that the guard did?
(a) Behaved like a guard.
(b) Behaved like a white man.
(c) Hated Chicanos.
(d) Set him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attitudes of the Judge and the Prosecution are portrayed in such an extreme manner that they can be described as what?
2. What good news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
3. Henry's confrontation with the guard and El Pachuco reveal the depth of his what?
4. Who represents the people who learn about life by reading about it?
5. What do the military members do to El Pachuco on the night of the riots?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)