|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. El Pachuco tells Henry that the only way to survive the darkness is to forget what?
(a) His ambitions.
(b) The outside world.
(d) His family.
2. Before condemning the Chicano community, Edwards says he sees what type of potential in Henry?
3. The guard beats Henry up and then does what?
(a) Locks him in a closet.
(b) Throws him in a cell with others.
(c) Throws him into solitary confinement.
(d) Takes him to the doctor.
4. How is the start of the trial announced at the beginning of Act 1, scene 8?
(a) With a television reporter.
(b) By George.
(c) With headlines.
(d) By El Pachuco.
5. The scenes with the riots show what happens when the other side of what explodes?
(a) The gang war.
(b) The race battle.
(c) The social war.
(d) The gang battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does George have when he visits the boys after their trial?
2. According to El Pachuco, what do people think Henry is?
3. What is one of the narration techniques used to narrate the riot scenes?
4. El Pachuco's defiance at the end of Act 2, scene 6, suggests that clothes do not what?
5. In Act 1, scene 10, the scene changes from the courtroom to what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)