|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry tell Peter?
2. What does Jerry say would probably happen if a policeman did come over?
3. Jerry describes the dog as "Malevolence with an __________."
4. What does Jerry do to the knife?
5. Where was the dog waiting for Jerry after he bought the answer to #115?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These men live very different lives.
Part 1) How are they different?
Part 2) What do these men's lives represent?
Part 3) Are they able to relate to one another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry repeatedly teases Peter about the parakeets.
Part 1) How does he tease him?
Part 2) Why does he tease him?
Part 3) How does this teasing relate to the animal theme?
Essay Topic 3
The bench becomes a fighting ground for both men, as each wants sole 'custody' of the bench. Why is the bench so important to the men? What does it signify to the play? Why can't the men give up their ownership of the bench? How could this have been settled between Peter and Jerry?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)