|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
2. What does Peter keep saying?
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
4. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
5. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
Essay Topic 1
Jerry dies from running into Peter when he was holding the knife. Do you think Jerry did this on purpose? Why or why not? Why does Jerry tell Peter to run away after he cleans the fingerprints off the knife? Why does Peter decide to run away instead of staying to help Jerry?
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in the conversation the men have in the second scene.
Part 1) What does Jerry tell Peter?
Part 2) Why is it surprising?
Part 3) What is ironic about what he tells Peter, a man whose name he does not yet know?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry begins to tickle and to punch Peter as he is trying to leave. Why does Jerry choose these forms of interaction with Peter? Do these actions have anything to do with what Jerry was studying at the zoo? Why or why not? What else could Jerry have done to get the attention of Peter and to make him stay longer?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)