|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter claims that he does not want to know __________________.
2. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
3. What does Jerry do in response to Peter's accusation that Jerry is mad?
4. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
5. Where does Jerry say all the policemen are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry invites Peter, and the audience, into his world.
Part 1) How does he do this?
Part 2) How does this reinforce the use of a minimal set?
Part 3) Why does the playwright use so much detail?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry, at first, mentions killing the dog.
Part 1) How does Peter react to this? Why does he react this way?
Part 2) Why does Jerry want to kill the dog?
Part 3) Why does he, in the end, not kill the dog? How does he feel about this? Why does he feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Lack of understanding is a theme.
Part 1) Describe two incidences of misunderstanding.
Part 2) How can the audience relate to this misunderstanding?
Part 3) How does the misunderstanding help the plot progress?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)