|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter end up scrunched on one side of the bench?
2. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
3. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
4. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
5. What should a person do, if he or she cannot communicate with other people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The background of Jerry is a sad one, filled with death and sadness. However, with Jerry's state of mind as it's seen in the play, do you think he's making up these stories? Why or why not? If he was making up the stories, what purpose does this serve for him? Can the reader and Peter trust anything he says?
Essay Topic 2When Jerry talks about the long way that he took to get to the zoo, it seems like there would have been a better way. Why do you think that Jerry took this route instead? Why? Do you think this particular choice of Jerry's gives Peter another sign that he might not be right in the head? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Jerry breaks into a monologue called "The Story of Jerry and the Dog." Part 1) Summarize this story. Part 2) What lines are blurred in the telling of this story? Part 3) Why does Jerry tell this story?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)