|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
2. What does Peter keep saying?
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
4. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
5. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
Essay Topic 1
Jerry repeatedly teases Peter about the parakeets.
Part 1) How does he tease him?
Part 2) Why does he tease him?
Part 3) How does this teasing relate to the animal theme?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry and Peter's roles are reversed at the end of the play.
Part 1) What causes this role reversal?
Part 2) In what way are their roles reversed?
Part 3) How might this affect Peter for the rest of his life?
Essay Topic 3
The premise of two very different people meeting and learning from each other is not a new concept in literature. Do you think the story work have worked if Peter and Jerry were more alike? Why or why not? How do differences help them understand each other? How do differences cause them trouble?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)