Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
2. What does Peter keep saying?
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
4. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
5. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
Essay Topic 1
The playwright purposely has Jerry befriend a dog.
Part 1) Why does the playwright do this?
Part 2) To what will this friendship lead? Why does Jerry believe this?
Part 3) What does the playwright believe will happen to someone without love? Why might he believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry mentions "Reader's Digest."
Part 1) Why does Jerry mention this?
Part 2) How does Peter react to this? Why?
Part 3) What does this say about Jerry? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The background of Jerry is a sad one, filled with death and sadness. However, with Jerry's state of mind as it's seen in the play, do you think he's making up these stories? Why or why not? If he was making up the stories, what purpose does this serve for him? Can the reader and Peter trust anything he says?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)