|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter winces as Jerry is telling his story, what does Jerry tell him to do?
2. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
4. What does Peter do to Jerry at this point?
5. With what does Jerry explode?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These men live very different lives.
Part 1) How are they different?
Part 2) What do these men's lives represent?
Part 3) Are they able to relate to one another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry breaks into a monologue called "The Story of Jerry and the Dog."
Part 1) Summarize this story.
Part 2) What lines are blurred in the telling of this story?
Part 3) Why does Jerry tell this story?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry's line of questioning sets a mood for the audience.
Part 1) What can one tell about Jerry through this questioning?
Part 2) Why does Jerry question Peter?
Part 3) How does Peter react? Why does he react this way?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)