|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry's neighbor wear to and from the bathroom?
2. Who does Jerry abhor?
3. How is Peter at this moment?
4. By what is Peter stunned?
5. What happens soon after his father returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jerry tried to kill the dog?
2. What is Peter doing when Jerry approaches him in the park?
3. What does Jerry buy? What does he do with it?
4. Describe the dog.
5. What does Jerry wonder about his trip to the park?
6. When Peter gets upset with Jerry about his storytelling, what does Jerry say back to him?
7. What does Peter say about his life? How does Jerry respond?
8. Describe the appearance of the dog that Jerry hates.
9. What does Jerry do when he sits beside Peter?
10. What does Jerry talk about after telling Peter why he went to the zoo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry dies from running into Peter when he was holding the knife. Do you think Jerry did this on purpose? Why or why not? Why does Jerry tell Peter to run away after he cleans the fingerprints off the knife? Why does Peter decide to run away instead of staying to help Jerry?
Essay Topic 2
The premise of two very different people meeting and learning from each other is not a new concept in literature. Do you think the story work have worked if Peter and Jerry were more alike? Why or why not? How do differences help them understand each other? How do differences cause them trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry breaks into a monologue called "The Story of Jerry and the Dog."
Part 1) Summarize this story.
Part 2) What lines are blurred in the telling of this story?
Part 3) Why does Jerry tell this story?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)