|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he feel this way?
2. What does Jerry remind Peter about the zoo?
3. On what day of the week does the play take place?
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. Where is Jerry's room in this building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the real reasons for Jerry's plans?
2. How does Peter try to fill the awkward space?
3. What does Peter say when Jerry shares his fear as answered in #30?
4. How does Jerry react to Peter's reaction?
5. How does Peter feel at seeing Jerry's anger?
6. Describe Jerry's parents.
7. What does Jerry ask Peter about his family?
8. Who did Jerry live with after both of his parents were dead?
9. Describe the characters at the rooming house.
10. What does Peter realize as Jerry is telling his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry's line of questioning sets a mood for the audience.
Part 1) What can one tell about Jerry through this questioning?
Part 2) Why does Jerry question Peter?
Part 3) How does Peter react? Why does he react this way?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright purposely has Jerry befriend a dog.
Part 1) Why does the playwright do this?
Part 2) To what will this friendship lead? Why does Jerry believe this?
Part 3) What does the playwright believe will happen to someone without love? Why might he believe this?
Essay Topic 3
When Jerry talks about the long way that he took to get to the zoo, it seems like there would have been a better way. Why do you think that Jerry took this route instead? Why? Do you think this particular choice of Jerry's gives Peter another sign that he might not be right in the head? Why or why not?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)