|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry keep doing to Peter?
2. What does Jerry tell Peter will happen to him if he uses a pipe?
3. When did Jerry's mother's sister die?
4. To what question does Peter return?
5. What has Jerry only done once?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter try to fill the awkward space?
2. How does Peter end up on one side of the bench?
3. When Peter gets upset with Jerry about his storytelling, what does Jerry say back to him?
4. What happened to the person that Jerry then moved in with?
5. How does the dog react to the action in #44?
6. When did the tragedy mentioned in #25 happen?
7. What does Peter wonder about, nervously?
8. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
9. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
10. What does Jerry inform Peter he will learn all about in the papers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter does not understand Jerry's dog story.
Part 1) How dos Jerry react to Peter's lack of understanding?
Part 2) What has happened to their building discord at this point in the play? Why?
Part 3) What does Peter' lack of understanding Jerry's life represent?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry invites Peter, and the audience, into his world.
Part 1) How does he do this?
Part 2) How does this reinforce the use of a minimal set?
Part 3) Why does the playwright use so much detail?
Essay Topic 3
When Jerry talks about the long way that he took to get to the zoo, it seems like there would have been a better way. Why do you think that Jerry took this route instead? Why? Do you think this particular choice of Jerry's gives Peter another sign that he might not be right in the head? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)