Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
Jerry's line of questioning sets a mood for the audience.
Part 1) What can one tell about Jerry through this questioning?
Part 2) Why does Jerry question Peter?
Part 3) How does Peter react? Why does he react this way?
Jerry seems to think he needs to learn to deal with other items in his life before he will be ready to deal with a human. Does this make sense? Why or why not? What does this seem to say about Jerry's social skills? Could this be a result of his upbringing? Why or why not? How can Jerry speed up the process of learning to communicate?
Jerry dies from running into Peter when he was holding the knife. Do you think Jerry did this on purpose? Why or why not? Why does Jerry tell Peter to run away after he cleans the fingerprints off the knife? Why does Peter decide to run away instead of staying to help Jerry?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)