Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
Essay Topic 1
Jerry seems to think he needs to learn to deal with other items in his life before he will be ready to deal with a human. Does this make sense? Why or why not? What does this seem to say about Jerry's social skills? Could this be a result of his upbringing? Why or why not? How can Jerry speed up the process of learning to communicate?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry and Peter's roles are reversed at the end of the play.
Part 1) What causes this role reversal?
Part 2) In what way are their roles reversed?
Part 3) How might this affect Peter for the rest of his life?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry describes the dog in grotesque detail.
Part 1) Describe the dog.
Part 2) What or who does the dog represent?
Part 3) Why does Jerry believe he should develop a relationship with the dog?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)