|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry tell Peter he doesn't like to do?
2. When Peter says that he can't express himself too well, he says that he's in publishing, not in __________.
3. What can Jerry not stand to do?
4. What does Jerry call that incident?
5. How does Peter respond to this reminder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry do for the first time in the play?
2. How does Jerry die?
3. What happened to Jerry's dad?
4. What does Jerry do when he realizes he has upset Peter? How does Peter respond?
5. Where does Peter work?
6. How is Jerry increasingly making Peter feel? Why?
7. How does the play open?
8. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's home? How does Jerry respond?
9. What does Jerry call this tragedy mentioned in #25 and #26?
10. What does Jerry do when he sits beside Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two characters are Jerry and Peter.
Part 1) Describe both characters.
Part 2) Why does the playwright have these two characters meet?
Part 3) Describe how these characters change throughout the play. What causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry tells Peter he does not have to listen.
Part 1) To what does he not have to listen?
Part 2) What larger meaning might Jerry have for this statement?
Part 3) Why does Peter, and the audience, feel compelled to stay and listen?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry breaks into a monologue called "The Story of Jerry and the Dog."
Part 1) Summarize this story.
Part 2) What lines are blurred in the telling of this story?
Part 3) Why does Jerry tell this story?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)