|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he do this, every once in awhile?
2. What does Jerry want to know about writers?
3. Why does Peter become angry?
4. What is Peter's title at his job?
5. What does Peter do to fill the space?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter wonder about, nervously?
2. How many times does Jerry repeat the process as described in #41?
3. How does Peter feel about Jerry's musings?
4. How does Peter respond when Jerry asks how much money he makes?
5. Whose dog is the one that Jerry wants to kill?
6. What does Jerry tell Peter to do as he is listening to the story?
7. Describe Jerry's parents.
8. What does Jerry realize in this part of the play as he is talking to Peter?
9. For how long does Jerry feed the dog? Why does he do this?
10. How does Peter end up on one side of the bench?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry tells Peter he does not have to listen.
Part 1) To what does he not have to listen?
Part 2) What larger meaning might Jerry have for this statement?
Part 3) Why does Peter, and the audience, feel compelled to stay and listen?
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in the conversation the men have in the second scene.
Part 1) What does Jerry tell Peter?
Part 2) Why is it surprising?
Part 3) What is ironic about what he tells Peter, a man whose name he does not yet know?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry dies from running into Peter when he was holding the knife. Do you think Jerry did this on purpose? Why or why not? Why does Jerry tell Peter to run away after he cleans the fingerprints off the knife? Why does Peter decide to run away instead of staying to help Jerry?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)