|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
2. Why does Jerry do this?
3. What does Jerry tell Peter will happen to him if he uses a pipe?
4. What does Jerry say when Peter admits to being married?
5. Where does Peter do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry say that he does not need to have a picture of a girl in two frames?
2. What does Jerry call this tragedy? How does Peter react?
3. What do Peter's children own for pets?
4. Where does the play The Zoo Story take place?
5. What does Peter do as his job?
6. Where does Peter assume Jerry lives? Why? What is Jerry's response?
7. How is Jerry bothering Peter?
8. What is Jerry's epiphany?
9. How does the dog react to the action in #44?
10. What does Jerry ask about Peter's daughters? What is Peter's response.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Though Jerry says that he does not like to talk to people much, it seems that his actions go against his words. Why do you think the Jerry felt the need to talk to Peter? What do you think drew Jerry to Peter and what kept him there in the conversation? The fact that he doesn't sit down until the very end seems to indicate that Jerry isn't comfortable, so why did he stick around?
Essay Topic 2The setting is very simple. Part 1) What is the setting? Could the play be set anywhere else? Why or why not? Part 2) Why is the setting so simple? Part 3) How do the characters and the dialogue become, in a sense, the setting?
Essay Topic 3The men formally greet one another after an already lengthy and intimate conversation. Part 1) Of what does this remind the audience? Part 2) Why do they introduce themselves at this point? Part 3) What is the significance of this introduction?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)