|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jerry talks about his dead parents, he describes them as a particular vaudeville act that is playing the ______ circuit now.
2. How does Jerry describe this crying?
3. Peter carries no more than ________ with him at any time.
4. Where does Peter's family keep the pet(s)?
5. How does Peter respond to this question?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter feel at seeing Jerry's anger?
2. For how long does Jerry feed the dog? Why does he do this?
3. What happened to Jerry's mother?
4. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
5. What does Jerry inform Peter he will learn all about in the papers?
6. What does Peter say when Jerry shares his fear as answered in #30?
7. What does Jerry do when he sees the dog when he gets back to the rooming house?
8. What happened to the person that Jerry then moved in with?
9. What does Jerry ask Peter about his family?
10. Describe Peter and his appearance in the play.
Essay Topic 1
Jerry repeatedly teases Peter about the parakeets.
Part 1) How does he tease him?
Part 2) Why does he tease him?
Part 3) How does this teasing relate to the animal theme?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry seems to have a negative view of those around him in his life. The people at the rooming house with him seem to be dark and ugly, but Jerry also doesn't seem to be in his right mind. What do you think the people at Jerry's rooming house are really like? Can their descriptions by Jerry be believed? If so, why do you think Jerry stays in that rooming house if he detests the people? Why do you think Jerry tries to escape the woman on a daily basis?
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the play is Central Park in New York, but it seems that the setting could be a character as well. What function does the setting play in this play? How does it affect the action that takes place? How does the park provide the best setting for the conversations to take place? Is there another setting that would be been better? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)