Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
The playwright purposely has Jerry befriend a dog.
Part 1) Why does the playwright do this?
Part 2) To what will this friendship lead? Why does Jerry believe this?
Part 3) What does the playwright believe will happen to someone without love? Why might he believe this?
Jerry begins to tickle and to punch Peter as he is trying to leave. Why does Jerry choose these forms of interaction with Peter? Do these actions have anything to do with what Jerry was studying at the zoo? Why or why not? What else could Jerry have done to get the attention of Peter and to make him stay longer?
Though Jerry says that he does not like to talk to people much, it seems that his actions go against his words. Why do you think the Jerry felt the need to talk to Peter? What do you think drew Jerry to Peter and what kept him there in the conversation? The fact that he doesn't sit down until the very end seems to indicate that Jerry isn't comfortable, so why did he stick around?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)