Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
Essay Topic 1
The premise of two very different people meeting and learning from each other is not a new concept in literature. Do you think the story work have worked if Peter and Jerry were more alike? Why or why not? How do differences help them understand each other? How do differences cause them trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry, at first, mentions killing the dog.
Part 1) How does Peter react to this? Why does he react this way?
Part 2) Why does Jerry want to kill the dog?
Part 3) Why does he, in the end, not kill the dog? How does he feel about this? Why does he feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the play is Central Park in New York, but it seems that the setting could be a character as well. What function does the setting play in this play? How does it affect the action that takes place? How does the park provide the best setting for the conversations to take place? Is there another setting that would be been better? Why or why not?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)