Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
Essay Topic 1
Jerry's line of questioning sets a mood for the audience.
Part 1) What can one tell about Jerry through this questioning?
Part 2) Why does Jerry question Peter?
Part 3) How does Peter react? Why does he react this way?
Essay Topic 2
Peter makes the statement that his life is simple. What does he mean by that? How does Peter define a simple life? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why? Why do you think Jerry recoils at the idea of the simple life when Peter mentions it?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry begins to tickle and to punch Peter as he is trying to leave. Why does Jerry choose these forms of interaction with Peter? Do these actions have anything to do with what Jerry was studying at the zoo? Why or why not? What else could Jerry have done to get the attention of Peter and to make him stay longer?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)