|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Peter tell Jerry he makes?
2. What does Peter think of this man's odd reprimand?
3. How does Peter feel about the pornographic cards?
4. Jerry says this is one of those things who has to do?
5. What does Jerry presume about Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter respond to Jerry's description of those in the rooming house?
2. What does Peter wonder about, nervously?
3. How does Jerry treat Peter? What does he ask Peter?
4. Describe the dog.
5. What happens suddenly between the two men?
6. What does Jerry respond to Peter's wondering in #17?
7. Why does Peter say he originally spoke to Jerry?
8. How does Peter react to Jerry's stabbing?
9. What does Jerry do for the first time in the play?
10. How does Peter respond when Jerry asks how much money he makes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two characters are Jerry and Peter.
Part 1) Describe both characters.
Part 2) Why does the playwright have these two characters meet?
Part 3) Describe how these characters change throughout the play. What causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
While Jerry seems slightly out of his mind for most of the play, his planning of how to kill the dog is rather complicated. What do you think this says about Jerry? Does this precise planning indicate that he is of sound mind? Do you think the Jerry feels guilty about his actions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The bench becomes a fighting ground for both men, as each wants sole 'custody' of the bench. Why is the bench so important to the men? What does it signify to the play? Why can't the men give up their ownership of the bench? How could this have been settled between Peter and Jerry?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)