|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does a person sometimes have to go?
2. Where is the zoo?
3. Who did Jerry live with for most of his life?
4. From where did Jerry walk to get to the park?
5. What does Jerry realize that he has yet to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the landlady react to Jerry's attempt on the dog's life?
2. How does Peter respond to Jerry's description of those in the rooming house?
3. Where is the dog waiting for Jerry when he arrives back at the rooming house?
4. What is Peter doing when Jerry approaches him in the park?
5. What is Peter's state of emotions when he realizes he has been listening to a crazy story for such a long time?
6. What does Jerry begin to worry about after he wonders if Peter will tell him to get married and have parakeets?
7. How does Peter feel at seeing Jerry's anger?
8. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's home? How does Jerry respond?
9. How does Peter respond after Jerry tells him he planned on killing the dog? Why does Peter respond this way?
10. Why does Jerry think Peter wouldn't understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The bench becomes a fighting ground for both men, as each wants sole 'custody' of the bench. Why is the bench so important to the men? What does it signify to the play? Why can't the men give up their ownership of the bench? How could this have been settled between Peter and Jerry?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry seems to be a little 'off' during most of the story. Do you think that he's crazy? Why or why not? Why do you think Peter doesn't seem to be afraid of Jerry at first? What behaviors does Jerry exhibit that make him likable and sane?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry repeatedly teases Peter about the parakeets.
Part 1) How does he tease him?
Part 2) Why does he tease him?
Part 3) How does this teasing relate to the animal theme?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)