|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jerry's mom's body found?
2. Why does Jerry do this?
3. What does Jerry call that incident?
4. On what day of the week does the play take place?
5. What color is the landlady's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
2. What was Jerry's route to the park?
3. How does the dog react to the action in #44?
4. How does Jerry calm Peter?
5. What does Peter do as his job?
6. How does Peter feel at seeing Jerry's anger?
7. Where does the play The Zoo Story take place?
8. What is the result of the process that Jerry concocts?
9. Where does Peter work?
10. What does Jerry inform Peter he doesn't like to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry is talking about the dog, but he is also trying to compare his relationship with the dog to the relationship between Peter and himself. When Jerry is desperate to know if the dog would be kind to him, he is actually talking to Peter. Do you think Peter realizes this? Why or why not? If Peter does realize this, do you think this changes his opinion of Jerry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the play is Central Park in New York, but it seems that the setting could be a character as well. What function does the setting play in this play? How does it affect the action that takes place? How does the park provide the best setting for the conversations to take place? Is there another setting that would be been better? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry seems to have troubles staying focused during his conversations with Peter. He interrupts a lot and he tends to avoid parts of the conversation that don't interest him. Why do you think Jerry does this? Why would Jerry talk only of himself and not want to listen to someone else? What could Peter have done to help Jerry engage more in a conversation?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)