|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
2. What does Jerry want to know about writers?
3. How much money does Peter carry on him?
4. How is Peter at this moment?
5. Where does Peter assume that Jerry lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry react to Peter's reaction?
2. How does Peter feel as Jerry is speaking to him?
3. How does the play end?
4. Describe the two characters.
5. Describe Peter and his appearance in the play.
6. What is the title of the long monologue that Jerry breaks out into?
7. Where does the play The Zoo Story take place?
8. How does Jerry feel when returning from a movie?
9. What does Jerry realize has not taken place?
10. Describe the characters at the rooming house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry is talking about the dog, but he is also trying to compare his relationship with the dog to the relationship between Peter and himself. When Jerry is desperate to know if the dog would be kind to him, he is actually talking to Peter. Do you think Peter realizes this? Why or why not? If Peter does realize this, do you think this changes his opinion of Jerry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The men formally greet one another after an already lengthy and intimate conversation.
Part 1) Of what does this remind the audience?
Part 2) Why do they introduce themselves at this point?
Part 3) What is the significance of this introduction?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry has grown throughout the telling of this dog story.
Part 1) How has he grown?
Part 2) How has the audience's opinion of Jerry changed?
Part 3) How does the audience's opinion change again in the next scene? Why?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)