Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
Jerry is talking about the dog, but he is also trying to compare his relationship with the dog to the relationship between Peter and himself. When Jerry is desperate to know if the dog would be kind to him, he is actually talking to Peter. Do you think Peter realizes this? Why or why not? If Peter does realize this, do you think this changes his opinion of Jerry? Why or why not?
Jerry has grown throughout the telling of this dog story.
Part 1) How has he grown?
Part 2) How has the audience's opinion of Jerry changed?
Part 3) How does the audience's opinion change again in the next scene? Why?
The setting is very simple.
Part 1) What is the setting? Could the play be set anywhere else? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why is the setting so simple?
Part 3) How do the characters and the dialogue become, in a sense, the setting?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)