|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter's title at his job?
2. Peter carries no more than ________ with him at any time.
3. What does Peter think of this man's odd reprimand?
4. What does Jerry not like to do very much?
5. Who was his mom's most constant companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry treat Peter? What does he ask Peter?
2. What does Jerry ask Peter about his family?
3. Where does Peter work?
4. What do Peter's children own for pets?
5. How does Jerry react to Peter's reaction?
6. What does Peter claim he does not care about hearing? What does he want?
7. What happened to Jerry's dad?
8. What is Peter doing when Jerry approaches him in the park?
9. What are the real reasons for Jerry's plans?
10. How does Jerry calm Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry is talking about the dog, but he is also trying to compare his relationship with the dog to the relationship between Peter and himself. When Jerry is desperate to know if the dog would be kind to him, he is actually talking to Peter. Do you think Peter realizes this? Why or why not? If Peter does realize this, do you think this changes his opinion of Jerry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry describes the dog in grotesque detail.
Part 1) Describe the dog.
Part 2) What or who does the dog represent?
Part 3) Why does Jerry believe he should develop a relationship with the dog?
Essay Topic 3
Jerry seems to have troubles staying focused during his conversations with Peter. He interrupts a lot and he tends to avoid parts of the conversation that don't interest him. Why do you think Jerry does this? Why would Jerry talk only of himself and not want to listen to someone else? What could Peter have done to help Jerry engage more in a conversation?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)