|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry begin to ask Peter?
2. Of what does Peter wonder nervously?
3. What part of the park does Jerry dislike?
4. Where is Jerry's room in this building?
5. How does Jerry keep the landlady away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter respond when Jerry asks how much money he makes?
2. How will Peter learn what Jerry learned at the zoo, according to Jerry?
3. How does Jerry react to Peter's reaction?
4. What is Peter's state of emotions when he realizes he has been listening to a crazy story for such a long time?
5. How much money does Peter carry around with him?
6. Why did Jerry's mother do what she did in #20, according to Jerry?
7. Describe the dog.
8. How does the play open?
9. How does Peter try to fill the awkward space?
10. Describe Jerry and his appearance in the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men formally greet one another after an already lengthy and intimate conversation.
Part 1) Of what does this remind the audience?
Part 2) Why do they introduce themselves at this point?
Part 3) What is the significance of this introduction?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry seems to have troubles staying focused during his conversations with Peter. He interrupts a lot and he tends to avoid parts of the conversation that don't interest him. Why do you think Jerry does this? Why would Jerry talk only of himself and not want to listen to someone else? What could Peter have done to help Jerry engage more in a conversation?
Essay Topic 3
The playwright purposely has Jerry befriend a dog.
Part 1) Why does the playwright do this?
Part 2) To what will this friendship lead? Why does Jerry believe this?
Part 3) What does the playwright believe will happen to someone without love? Why might he believe this?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)