|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
(a) She drops dead on the stairs to her apartment.
(b) She finds a new home.
(c) She trips and falls down the stairs.
(d) She leaves him.
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
(a) She parted with the ghost
(b) She drank herself to death
(c) She committed suicide
(d) She fell
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
(a) Talks to the landlady.
(b) Cleans the landlady's apartment.
(c) Buys groceries.
(d) Manages to escape this woman.
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
(a) The woman on the third floor
(c) He does
(d) His aunt
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
(a) To see the city in which he or she lives.
(b) To meet new people.
(c) To come back a short distance correctly.
(d) To get exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Then of what does Jerry plan to speak?
2. Where is Jerry's room in this building?
3. The setting of trees and a single park bench is so simple. On what does the audience focus?
4. What is the first line of the play?
5. What does Jerry blatantly tell Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry quickly interrupt Peter again?
2. What does the landlady want Jerry to do for the dog?
3. What is Jerry's explanation for how he has arrived at the park?
4. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
5. How is Peter feeling at this point in the story? Why?
6. What happened to Jerry's mother eventually?
7. Why did Jerry go to the zoo in the first place?
8. How does Jerry calm Peter?
9. What does Jerry provoke as he wonders why Peter wants the bench so much?
10. How does the play open?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)