|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
(a) She only talks to him when rent is due.
(b) She emits fumes and sexual lust towards him.
(c) She is understanding and sweet.
(d) She does not talk to him.
2. Where is Jerry's room in this building?
(a) The top floor
(b) The bottom floor
(c) The basement
(d) The ground floor
3. Where does the play open?
(a) In the Versailles garden in France.
(b) In 19th century Central Park in New York City.
(c) In Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
(d) In the present day in Central Park in New York City.
4. What does Jerry want to know about Peter?
(a) Why he lives in New York City.
(b) Where he lives.
(c) Why his wife is not with him.
(d) Where his children are right now.
5. The setting of trees and a single park bench is so simple. On what does the audience focus?
(a) The bench.
(b) The lighting.
(c) The dialogue and the actors.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry realize that he has yet to do?
2. Why does he have to go this distance?
3. What does Jerry further explain that there is no need to have?
4. How much does Peter make each year?
5. What does Jerry begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter react at the end of the story?
2. Who does Jerry absolutely abhor in his rooming house?
3. What does Jerry realize in this part of the play as he is talking to Peter?
4. Why does Peter return to Jerry's initial question about the zoo?
5. Describe the two characters.
6. How does Jerry die?
7. Why do the two men begin to scream at each other?
8. What does Jerry buy in order to appeal to the dog?
9. How does Jerry treat Peter? What does he ask Peter?
10. What happened when Jerry tried to kill the dog?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)