|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerry do this?
(a) So he could see the city sights.
(b) So he could walk all the way up Fifth Avenue to the zoo.
(c) So he could get some exercise.
(d) So he could get to the zoo faster.
2. When Jerry first approaches Peter, he asks if he's been walking a certain direction. Which direction does he want to know about?
3. What does Jerry blatantly tell Peter?
(a) About his wonderful parents.
(b) About his children.
(c) About his loving wife.
(d) About his worthless parents who are dead.
4. Of what does Peter wonder nervously?
(a) About Jerry.
(b) About the dog.
(c) About the landlady.
(d) About Jerry's family.
5. What does Jerry's neighbor wear to and from the bathroom?
(a) A skirt
(b) A cotton shirt
(d) A kimono
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry say his landlady drinks in the afternoon?
2. Where does Peter's family keep the pet(s)?
3. What does Jerry presume about Peter?
4. How does Jerry keep the landlady away?
5. What does Peter say in reaction to the description of the landlady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry to in order to even the duel between the two men?
2. How does Peter try to fill the awkward space?
3. Describe Peter and his appearance in the play.
4. Where is a perfect place to learn to communicate, according to Jerry? Why?
5. What do Peter's children own for pets?
6. What does Peter claim he does not care about hearing? What does he want?
7. What does Jerry ask about Peter's daughters? What is Peter's response.
8. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's home? How does Jerry respond?
9. How much does Peter make at his job per year?
10. What is Peter doing when Jerry approaches him in the park?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)