|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jerry look?
(a) More unkempt, disheveled and rugged.
(b) Reserved and classic-looking.
(c) Wealthy and sophisticated.
(d) Shy and quiet.
2. This character is in his early-forties and has a pressed and neat appearance:
3. What does Jerry begin by telling Peter about the zoo?
(a) What his favorite animals are.
(b) Why he went to the zoo in the first place.
(c) When the animal shows take place.
(d) How much it costs.
4. What does Jerry remind Peter about the zoo?
(a) He probably wants to see the animals.
(b) He probably wants to go there.
(c) He probably does not care about it.
(d) He probably wants to know what happened there.
5. When did Jerry's mother's sister die?
(a) On the afternoon of Jerry's high school graduation
(b) On Christmas
(c) A few years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he think about the landlady?
2. About what else does he wonder nervously?
3. How does Peter respond to this question?
4. What does Jerry tell Peter he will learn all about?
5. What is happening as the play opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Peter learn what Jerry learned at the zoo, according to Jerry?
2. How does Jerry want to kill the dog?
3. How does Peter end up on one side of the bench?
4. What does Jerry call this tragedy? How does Peter react?
5. Describe the dog.
6. What does Jerry tell Peter about his communication with people?
7. Why does Peter say he originally spoke to Jerry?
8. What does Jerry do when he sits beside Peter?
9. What does Peter realize as Jerry is telling his story?
10. What is Jerry's reaction to hearing Peter's question about the zoo?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)