|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's profession?
(a) An executive.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Where can this play occur?
(a) Any park in New York City.
(c) An park in any city.
(d) Only in Central Park.
3. Of whom does Jerry speak?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her husband.
4. When Jerry finishes his monologue on his family, what kind of joke does he call his life?
5. What does Jerry tell Peter will happen to him if he uses a pipe?
(a) He'll get lung cancer
(b) He will drop it
(c) Peter doesn't use a pipe
(d) He will break it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerry describe this crying?
2. How does the person hearing the phrase in #80 respond?
3. How does Jerry quickly respond?
4. How many park benches are on the stage at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Jerry repeatedly ignore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's home? How does Jerry respond?
2. How will Peter learn what Jerry learned at the zoo, according to Jerry?
3. Why did Peter talk to Jerry in the first place, according to Peter?
4. How does the landlady react to Jerry's attempt on the dog's life?
5. What does Jerry tell Peter about his communication with people?
6. What does Jerry inform Peter he doesn't like to do?
7. How much money does Peter carry around with him?
8. What does Peter do as his job?
9. Describe Peter and his appearance in the play.
10. How does Jerry react when he tells Peter of his epiphany?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)