|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jerry calm Peter?
(a) He gives him a hug.
(b) By telling him he was not successful in his quest.
(c) He threatens him.
(d) He gives him a sedative.
2. What does the landlady claim about Jerry?
(a) He loves the dog.
(b) He will help her bury the dog.
(c) He tries to save the dog.
(d) He wants the dog dead.
3. At this point in the story, why does Peter wince?
(a) A bee has just stung him.
(b) He realizes that he might be speaking with a crazy man.
(c) He worries about the dog.
(d) Jerry hits him.
4. What does Peter decide to do when the hamburger plot fails?
(a) To move
(b) To kill the dog
(c) To give up
(d) To try another treat
5. What happens soon after he has done this to the dog?
(a) The dog dies.
(b) The dog chases after him.
(c) The dog bites him.
(d) The dog becomes deathly ill.
6. What does Peter call Jerry?
(a) A bum
(b) A crazy man
(c) A dog
(d) A nuisance
7. Why has Jerry gone to the zoo?
(a) To watch the kids play with the animals.
(b) To see the dolphins.
(c) To investigate behavior and relationships between animals and people.
(d) To pet the zebra.
8. What can Peter learn from a man who lives in a roominghouse on the West Side?
(a) How to love.
(d) How to survive.
9. Who says, "MY BENCH!"?
10. How does Peter end up scrunched on one side of the bench?
(a) Jerry pushes him over to the side.
(b) When Jerry continuously asks him to move over.
(c) More people sit on the bench.
(d) Jerry tilts the bench.
11. Peter says that he is a responsible person and a ____________.
(b) Good man
12. What does he do afterward?
(a) He hugs the dog.
(b) He takes the dog to a veterinarian.
(c) He cries.
(d) He runs upstairs.
13. Why does Peter alway sit on this bench?
(a) It's near the water
(b) It's secluded
(c) It's his bench
(d) It's by a cafe
14. Why does Peter genuinely fear Jerry?
(a) He thinks Jerry might kill him over a bench.
(b) Jerry is crazy.
(c) Jerry has a wild look in his eye.
(d) Jerry keeps talking about animals.
15. With what does Jerry explode?
(b) Sound, emotion, in fast, quick movements.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry think the dog does after eating?
2. Jerry pulls out what as they fight over the bench?
3. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
4. The dog always has a/an _____________.
5. What happened to the dog?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)