|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jerry buy for the dog?
(a) A new collar
(b) A poisoned treat
(c) A bag of hamburgers
(d) A bone
2. Peter is honest when Jerry asks him what he thinks of him. He says, "Well I must confess that this wasn't the kind of afternoon I'd ____________."
(b) Like to repeat
(c) Dreamed of
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
(a) His dog story, for the second time.
(b) His real name.
(c) His life story.
(d) His plans and day at the zoo.
4. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
(a) It is just for entertainment.
(b) It is indeed important.
(c) It is his favorite story.
(d) It is insubstantial.
5. How does Peter feel for listening to such a crazy story for so long?
(b) Excited and happy.
(c) Nervous and worried.
(d) Confused and furious.
6. How does Peter end up scrunched on one side of the bench?
(a) More people sit on the bench.
(b) Jerry tilts the bench.
(c) When Jerry continuously asks him to move over.
(d) Jerry pushes him over to the side.
7. Jerry describes the dog as "Malevolence with an __________."
(b) Aptitude for negativity
(d) Easy going spirit
8. What does he think Jerry is?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A bum.
(c) A cop.
(d) A killer.
9. How does Peter feel?
(c) In shock.
(d) Sick to his stomach.
10. How does Jerry deal with the dog on most days?
(a) Yells at it.
(b) Runs up to his room
(c) Ignores it
(d) Gives it a treat
11. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
(a) An apple
(b) His briefcase
(c) A book
(d) His trouser leg
12. What does Jerry do as Peter starts to leave?
(a) Shouts at him
(b) Gets a police officer
(c) Tickles him
(d) Takes his wallet
13. Why does Jerry decide to kill the dog?
(a) The door bites him.
(b) The dog is still monstrous to him.
(c) The dog is ugly.
(d) The landlady loves the dog.
14. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
(c) A child
(d) A police officer
15. What does Jerry tell the man at the hamburger place?
(a) To hurry up
(b) Not to include the roll
(c) That he is going to kill a dog.
(d) To put poison in the bun
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jerry say he spoke slowly?
2. What happened when Jerry and the dog started at each other?
3. What should Peter do as Jerry continues with his story?
4. What does Jerry do for the first time?
5. Who is a richly comic person?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)