|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel?
(b) In shock.
(c) Sick to his stomach.
2. Jerry went to the zoo to learn more about:
(b) The mating rituals of birds
(c) How people exist with animals
(d) How animals behave
3. Why does Jerry think Peter should understand everything he's said?
(a) Because it's the truth
(b) Because Jerry spoke slowly
(c) Because he's a smart man
(d) Because he knows the dog too
4. What street was strewn with hamburger rolls?
(a) Fifth Avenue
(b) First Street
(d) Columbus Avenue
5. How does Peter react?
(a) He pushes Jerry off the bench.
(b) He bursts into hysterics.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He yells at Jerry.
6. Who does the seller of the hamburger think the hamburger is for?
(a) A dog
(c) A pussy-cat.
(d) A snake
7. Where was the dog waiting for Jerry after he bought the answer to #115?
(a) At his car
(b) In his room
(d) In the entranceway
8. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
(a) They listen to people.
(b) They do not talk back.
(c) Someone with difficulty communicating can talk to animals.
(d) They are cute and cuddly.
9. What happened when Jerry and the dog started at each other?
(a) They talked
(b) They smiled
(c) They walked together
(d) They made contact
10. What does he do with what he has brought?
(a) He wraps it in rat poison.
(b) He puts it around the dog's neck.
(c) He holds it towards the dog.
(d) He puts it in the dog's face.
11. Jerry describes the dog as "Malevolence with an __________."
(a) Easy going spirit
(b) Aptitude for negativity
12. Animals are _____________ to Jerry, according to his own observations.
13. What did the dog do when Jerry first moved in?
(a) Ate his shoe
(b) Ran away
(c) Licked him
(d) Growled at him
14. What does he think Jerry is?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A killer.
(c) A bum.
(d) A cop.
15. How is Jerry as he tells this long story?
(a) Vivacious and animated.
(b) Sad and worried.
(c) Nervous and anxious.
(d) Angry and shaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do as he says he needs to be getting home soon?
2. What is the answer in #97 supposed to do to the audience?
3. What does Jerry call Peter when he tells him to lie on the ground?
4. Why does Jerry believe Peter cannot understand?
5. The dog made sounds in his throat as he ate like a __________, according to Jerry.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)