|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter threaten Jerry?
(a) He will get a police officer to remove him from the premises.
(b) He gets out his cell phone to call 9-1-1.
(c) He pulls out a gun.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
2. Who has their own little zoo, according to Jerry?
(a) The queen
(d) The landlady
3. What does Jerry think of the answer to #109?
(a) It's cozy
(b) It's funny
(c) It's sad
(d) It's terrifying
4. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
(a) A shoulder to cry on
(b) A new book to read
(c) A lesson in manners
(d) Someone to talk to
5. Why does Jerry believe Peter cannot understand?
(a) He is married and lives in another comfortable world.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is not very intelligent.
(d) He was not paying attention.
6. Why does Peter say he originally spoke to Jerry?
(a) He thought Jerry was in trouble.
(b) He thought Jerry could tell him about the zoo.
(c) He thought Jerry needed someone to talk to.
(d) He though Jerry looked nice.
7. Why does Jerry decide to kill the dog?
(a) The dog is still monstrous to him.
(b) The landlady loves the dog.
(c) The dog is ugly.
(d) The door bites him.
8. What does the landlady claim about Jerry?
(a) He will help her bury the dog.
(b) He tries to save the dog.
(c) He loves the dog.
(d) He wants the dog dead.
9. What does he do with what he has brought?
(a) He holds it towards the dog.
(b) He wraps it in rat poison.
(c) He puts it around the dog's neck.
(d) He puts it in the dog's face.
10. What does the landlady do?
(a) She begins to question Jerry about the dog.
(b) She asks Jerry to help her bury the dog.
(c) She yells at Jerry.
(d) She cries for her dog.
11. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
12. What does Jerry wonder about Peter?
(a) Why his wife has not contacted him.
(b) Why he wants the bench so desperately.
(c) Why he is angry.
(d) Why he does not go home.
13. What does Jerry do for the first time?
(a) Tells a long story.
(b) Ignores Peter.
(c) Sits down.
(d) Talks about the zoo.
14. How is Jerry as he continues speaking to Peter?
15. What happened to the dog after all?
(a) He ran away
(b) He recovered
(c) He died
(d) He never bothered the queen again
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a richly comic person?
2. If the answer to #112 doesn't work, what will Jerry do?
3. Jerry describes the dog as "Malevolence with an __________."
4. How does Peter react?
5. What does Peter want Jerry to do?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)