|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter alway sit on this bench?
(a) It's secluded
(b) It's near the water
(c) It's by a cafe
(d) It's his bench
2. What does Jerry buy to kill the dog?
(c) Rat poison
3. Jerry pokes Peter and tells him to do what?
(a) Tell him about his favorite animal
(b) Get up
(c) Leave the park
(d) Move over
4. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would die.
(b) If it would bite him.
(c) If it would be nice.
(d) If it would be interested in him.
5. What does Jerry say he will kill the dog with at first?
(a) Rat poison
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
6. How does Jerry calm Peter?
(a) He threatens him.
(b) He gives him a sedative.
(c) He gives him a hug.
(d) By telling him he was not successful in his quest.
7. What happened to the dog after all?
(a) He recovered
(b) He died
(c) He ran away
(d) He never bothered the queen again
8. What does the dog quickly devour?
(a) Scraps of food found on the sidewalk.
(b) Jerry's finger.
(c) His dog food.
(d) The bag of meat.
9. Why does Peter want to hear no more of the story?
(a) He does not understand what Jerry is saying.
(b) He wants to go to the zoo.
(c) It is getting late.
(d) He needs to get home.
10. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
(a) If he really wants to hear why he went to the zoo.
(b) If he really believes he will make it home.
(c) It he wants to live.
(d) If he really loves his life.
11. In what is Jerry genuinely anxious?
(a) To know if the dog would take to him.
(b) To know if the landlady had purchased a new dog.
(c) To know if the dog would be healthy.
(d) To know if the dog survived.
12. What do the men suddenly start screaming at one another?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They each want the bench.
(c) They both want to go home.
(d) They both want to go to the zoo.
13. Why does Peter genuinely fear Jerry?
(a) Jerry has a wild look in his eye.
(b) Jerry is crazy.
(c) He thinks Jerry might kill him over a bench.
(d) Jerry keeps talking about animals.
14. Why does Jerry suddenly run at Peter?
(a) To knock him down.
(b) To impale himself on the knife.
(c) To give him a hug.
(d) To stab him.
15. What does Jerry call Peter?
(a) A vegetable.
(b) A mean person.
(c) A wimp.
(d) A fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do as he says he needs to be getting home soon?
2. What does Peter have to say when Jerry is done telling his story?
3. Peter says that he is a responsible person and a ____________.
4. What does Jerry do to Peter?
5. How does the play end?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)