|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men suddenly start screaming at one another?
(a) They both want to go to the zoo.
(b) They each want the bench.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They both want to go home.
2. What does Jerry do in response to Peter's accusation that Jerry is mad?
(a) Throws the knife to the ground
(b) Closes his eyes
(c) Gets help
(d) Gives Peter a knife
3. What did Jerry do today?
(a) Sat in his apartment before coming to the park.
(b) Walked around the park looking for Peter.
(c) Rode the subway but never saw the zoo.
(d) Went to see the animals and walked north to find someone, Peter.
4. What does he think Jerry is?
(a) A killer.
(b) A cop.
(c) A bum.
(d) A jerk.
5. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
(a) To give the knife to Peter
(b) To get a better grip
(c) To remove the fingerprints
(d) To clean off the blood
6. How many more times does Jerry try the plan?
7. Why does Jerry decide to kill the dog nicely?
(a) The dog is very sick.
(b) The dog consistently snarls and tries to hurt him.
(c) The dog is very nervous and unhappy.
(d) The owner beats the dog.
8. What does Peter have to say when Jerry is done telling his story?
(a) That's sad
(b) That's a lie
(c) What else happened?
(d) I don't understand
9. The dog made sounds in his throat as he ate like a __________, according to Jerry.
(a) A wild boar
(b) An elepahnt
(c) A hyena
10. What does Jerry tell Peter he is?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) He is crazy to have spent the day with him.
(c) He is too nice and needs to be tougher.
(d) He is an animal who must go home to his family and parakeets.
11. When Peter winces as Jerry is telling his story, what does Jerry tell him to do?
(a) To not react
(b) To give him advice
(c) To turn around
(d) To leave
12. What does Peter threaten if Jerry doesn't leave?
(a) To call the police officer
(b) To kick him
(c) To hit him
(d) To sue him
13. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
(a) Chew on his door
(b) Follow him everywhere
(c) Steal his lunch
(d) Grab his leg
14. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
(a) If he really believes he will make it home.
(b) It he wants to live.
(c) If he really wants to hear why he went to the zoo.
(d) If he really loves his life.
15. When Jerry says that he will pray, how does the landlady react?
(a) She thanks him
(b) She offers to pray with him
(c) She kisses him
(d) She says that he is lying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's story?
2. What does Jerry do for the first time?
3. Peter is honest when Jerry asks him what he thinks of him. He says, "Well I must confess that this wasn't the kind of afternoon I'd ____________."
4. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
5. What does Jerry think about his suicide?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)