|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry call Peter when he tells him to lie on the ground?
(a) A vegetable
(b) A dog
(c) A cat
(d) A tiger
2. What does Peter wonder about Jerry's story?
(a) Will Jerry go to jail for killing the dog.
(b) What the point is.
(c) When it will end.
(d) Has the dog died.
3. What did Jerry buy for the dog?
(a) A bone
(b) A poisoned treat
(c) A new collar
(d) A bag of hamburgers
4. What happened when Jerry and the dog started at each other?
(a) They talked
(b) They made contact
(c) They smiled
(d) They walked together
5. How does Peter react?
(a) He bursts into hysterics.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He yells at Jerry.
(d) He pushes Jerry off the bench.
6. Why does Peter say he originally spoke to Jerry?
(a) He thought Jerry could tell him about the zoo.
(b) He though Jerry looked nice.
(c) He thought Jerry was in trouble.
(d) He thought Jerry needed someone to talk to.
7. Jerry tells Peter that he has never had anything more trying to face than changing ________.
(a) His cats' toilet box
(b) His clothing
(c) His mood
(d) His mind
8. What should a person do, if he or she cannot communicate with other people?
(a) Be alone.
(b) Get help.
(c) At least that communication can begin with animals.
(d) Try to communicate with strangers.
9. Why does Jerry run upstairs?
(a) To have the dog follow him.
(b) To find some dog toys.
(c) To get more food for the dog.
(d) To avoid the dog's wrath.
10. Tell me Peter, is this _________, this iron and wood, is this your honor?
11. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would be nice.
(b) If it would be interested in him.
(c) If it would bite him.
(d) If it would die.
12. Where did Jerry set the meat down?
(a) 12 feet away
(b) In a bush
(c) On the sidewalk
(d) In front of the dog's face
13. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
14. What does Peter tell Jerry that he must do?
(a) Grab some dinner.
(b) Get home to his family and parakeets.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) See him another day.
15. What does Jerry say he is as he is hitting Peter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jerry suddenly run at Peter?
2. Who is a richly comic person?
3. What does Peter threaten if Jerry doesn't leave?
4. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
5. What does Jerry buy to kill the dog?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)