|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter say that he was expecting this afternoon?
(a) His children
(b) His wife
(d) A friend
2. What does the landlady ask Jerry to do for the dog?
(a) Put it out of its misery
(b) Take it to a vet
(c) Pray for it
(d) Hold it
3. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would be interested in him.
(b) If it would die.
(c) If it would be nice.
(d) If it would bite him.
4. Why does Jerry run upstairs?
(a) To get more food for the dog.
(b) To find some dog toys.
(c) To avoid the dog's wrath.
(d) To have the dog follow him.
5. How is Jerry as he continues speaking to Peter?
6. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
(a) A book
(b) An apple
(c) His trouser leg
(d) His briefcase
7. How does Peter feel?
(a) In shock.
(c) Sick to his stomach.
8. How does Jerry deal with the dog on most days?
(a) Yells at it.
(b) Ignores it
(c) Gives it a treat
(d) Runs up to his room
9. What does Jerry say that Peter should do with the item in #169?
(a) Use it on a dog
(b) Keep it
(c) Pick it up to make the fight even
(d) Throw it away
10. What do the dog's eyes look like?
11. When Jerry says that he will pray, how does the landlady react?
(a) She says that he is lying
(b) She kisses him
(c) She offers to pray with him
(d) She thanks him
12. What does Jerry tell Peter not to do?
(a) Think he is crazy.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Wince or react to the story.
13. What does Peter tell Jerry that he must do?
(a) See him another day.
(b) Grab some dinner.
(c) Get home to his family and parakeets.
(d) Go to the park.
14. Where is the dog waiting for him when he returns?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In the entryway.
15. What does Jerry think of the answer to #109?
(a) It's sad
(b) It's cozy
(c) It's funny
(d) It's terrifying
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jerry think Peter should understand everything he's said?
2. Where does Jerry stumble to?
3. What happened to the dog?
4. What specific things does he list?
5. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)