|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry ask Peter, after donning a deadly serious face?
(a) It he wants to live.
(b) If he really wants to hear why he went to the zoo.
(c) If he really loves his life.
(d) If he really believes he will make it home.
2. What does Peter keep saying?
(a) You tricked me
(b) Oh my God
(c) I can't believe it
(d) You are crazy
3. What does Jerry tell Peter?
(a) His real name.
(b) His life story.
(c) His dog story, for the second time.
(d) His plans and day at the zoo.
4. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
(a) A new book to read
(b) Someone to talk to
(c) A lesson in manners
(d) A shoulder to cry on
5. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
(a) They listen to people.
(b) They are cute and cuddly.
(c) They do not talk back.
(d) Someone with difficulty communicating can talk to animals.
6. What does Jerry think about his suicide?
(a) He claims he did not plan any of this, but thinks he might have at the same time.
(b) He wishes someone else had been there for him.
(c) It was a horrible mistake.
(d) He should have done it years ago.
7. What does Jerry call himself?
(a) A crazy fool
(b) A permanent transient
(c) A silly man
(d) A good friend
8. What specific things does he list?
(a) Pizza, pasta, and carrots.
(b) Cockroaches, beds, mirrors, toilet paper and ultimately a dog.
(c) Lions, tigers, and bears.
(d) His parents, his sister, and Peter.
9. If you can't deal with people, you have to make a start somewhere. WITH ___________.
10. What does Peter tell Jerry that he must do?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) See him another day.
(c) Get home to his family and parakeets.
(d) Grab some dinner.
11. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
(a) It is his favorite story.
(b) It is indeed important.
(c) It is insubstantial.
(d) It is just for entertainment.
12. Jerry went to the zoo to learn more about:
(a) The mating rituals of birds
(c) How people exist with animals
(d) How animals behave
13. What if killing the dog nicely does not work?
(a) He would let it go free.
(b) He would try to kill the dog no matter what.
(c) He would try to sell it.
(d) He would take it to a veterinarian.
14. Jerry runs at Peter and ______________.
(a) Hits him
(b) Knocks him down
(c) Impales himself with the knife
(d) Takes the knife away
15. What kind of animal should it be?
(a) A dog.
(b) Any kind of animal.
(c) A cat.
(d) A parakeet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry buy to kill the dog?
2. Why does Jerry run upstairs?
3. What do both men do?
4. How is Jerry as he tells this long story?
5. What does Jerry say that Peter should do with the item in #169?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)