|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry do with the knife?
(a) He stabs himself.
(b) He throws it at a tree.
(c) He stabs Peter.
(d) He throws it at Peter's feet.
2. Peter claims that he does not want to know __________________.
(a) Why Jerry is in the park.
(b) Why Jerry went to the zoo.
(c) Why Jerry is talking to him.
(d) Why Jerry chose him.
3. Who is a richly comic person?
(a) The queen
(c) The dog
4. What does Peter do when hearing this part of the story?
(a) He raises his hand in protest.
(b) He cries.
(c) He pushes Jerry.
(d) He leaves.
5. What do the men suddenly start screaming at one another?
(a) They both want to go home.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They each want the bench.
(d) They both want to go to the zoo.
6. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
(a) A police officer
(c) A child
7. Peter is honest when Jerry asks him what he thinks of him. He says, "Well I must confess that this wasn't the kind of afternoon I'd ____________."
(a) Like to repeat
(d) Dreamed of
8. What does Jerry do with the bag of burgers he has purchased?
(a) He feeds them to the dog.
(b) He eats all of the burgers.
(c) Throws away everything but the meat.
(d) Throws away the meat.
9. What does Jerry tell the man at the hamburger place?
(a) To hurry up
(b) To put poison in the bun
(c) Not to include the roll
(d) That he is going to kill a dog.
10. How did Jerry get away from the dog on the second day?
(a) Kicked free
(b) Walked away
(c) Waited until the dog was finished
(d) Hit him on the head
11. When does the dog bother Jerry?
(a) All the time
(b) Only when he comes in
(c) Only when he leaves
(d) Only when Jerry is eating
12. What does Jerry do in response to Peter's accusation that Jerry is mad?
(a) Gives Peter a knife
(b) Closes his eyes
(c) Throws the knife to the ground
(d) Gets help
13. What does Jerry wonder about Peter?
(a) Why he does not go home.
(b) Why his wife has not contacted him.
(c) Why he wants the bench so desperately.
(d) Why he is angry.
14. What does the landlady claim about Jerry?
(a) He tries to save the dog.
(b) He wants the dog dead.
(c) He will help her bury the dog.
(d) He loves the dog.
15. Jerry says that animals don't take to him like ______________.
(a) Saint Francis
(b) His Pop
(d) Doctor Doolittle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry say that enrages Peter?
2. What does the landlady think Jerry wants for the dog?
3. Who has their own little zoo, according to Jerry?
4. What does Peter want to use the knife for?
5. How does Peter end up scrunched on one side of the bench?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)