|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
(b) A child
(d) A police officer
2. What does Jerry smile and do?
(a) Teases Peter numerous times.
(b) Tells Peter "sorry" numerous times.
(c) Thanks Peter numerous times.
(d) Hugs Peter numerous times.
3. What kind of animal should it be?
(a) Any kind of animal.
(b) A parakeet.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. Why does Peter want to hear no more of the story?
(a) He does not understand what Jerry is saying.
(b) He wants to go to the zoo.
(c) It is getting late.
(d) He needs to get home.
5. What does Peter do when hearing this part of the story?
(a) He raises his hand in protest.
(b) He cries.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He pushes Jerry.
6. If the answer to #112 doesn't work, what will Jerry do?
(a) He says he will move
(b) He says he will just kill him
(c) He says he will try harder
(d) He says he will find another way
7. What is gray-yellow-white color on the dog?
(a) His fangs
(b) His belly
(c) His paws
(d) His eyes
8. When Peter winces as Jerry is telling his story, what does Jerry tell him to do?
(a) To turn around
(b) To not react
(c) To give him advice
(d) To leave
9. Why does Jerry believe Peter cannot understand?
(a) He was not paying attention.
(b) He is not very intelligent.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is married and lives in another comfortable world.
10. In what is Jerry genuinely anxious?
(a) To know if the dog survived.
(b) To know if the landlady had purchased a new dog.
(c) To know if the dog would be healthy.
(d) To know if the dog would take to him.
11. What should a person do, if he or she cannot communicate with other people?
(a) Try to communicate with strangers.
(b) At least that communication can begin with animals.
(c) Get help.
(d) Be alone.
12. Why does Peter say he originally spoke to Jerry?
(a) He though Jerry looked nice.
(b) He thought Jerry needed someone to talk to.
(c) He thought Jerry could tell him about the zoo.
(d) He thought Jerry was in trouble.
13. What does Jerry say he is as he is hitting Peter?
14. What does Jerry list?
(a) Items and animals he needs to learn how to deal with.
(b) Animals that he likes.
(c) His favorite food.
(d) His favorite things.
15. What does Jerry continuously do to Peter?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Pushes and punches him on the arm.
(d) Tickles him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerry deal with the dog on most days?
2. When Jerry says that he will pray, how does the landlady react?
3. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
4. In what does Jerry hide the answer to #125?
5. How is Jerry as he continues speaking to Peter?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)