|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you can't deal with people, you have to make a start somewhere. WITH ___________.
2. Animals are _____________ to Jerry, according to his own observations.
3. What does Jerry tell Peter he is?
(a) He is an animal who must go home to his family and parakeets.
(b) He is too nice and needs to be tougher.
(c) He is a kind man.
(d) He is crazy to have spent the day with him.
4. Who says, "MY BENCH!"?
5. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
(a) Someone with difficulty communicating can talk to animals.
(b) They do not talk back.
(c) They listen to people.
(d) They are cute and cuddly.
6. Jerry tells Peter, "You've lost your bench, but defended your __________."
7. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
8. Why has Jerry gone to the zoo?
(a) To see the dolphins.
(b) To investigate behavior and relationships between animals and people.
(c) To pet the zebra.
(d) To watch the kids play with the animals.
9. What is gray-yellow-white color on the dog?
(a) His fangs
(b) His belly
(c) His eyes
(d) His paws
10. What does he do with what he has brought?
(a) He holds it towards the dog.
(b) He puts it around the dog's neck.
(c) He puts it in the dog's face.
(d) He wraps it in rat poison.
11. What do the dog's eyes look like?
12. What does Jerry say that enrages Peter?
(a) That he is bad looking
(b) That he couldn't get his wife with a male child
(c) That he is a coward
(d) That he is a vegetable
13. What does Peter want to do?
(a) Hug Jerry.
(b) Run away.
(d) Get Jerry some professional help.
14. How does Peter feel for listening to such a crazy story for so long?
(b) Confused and furious.
(c) Nervous and worried.
(d) Excited and happy.
15. What did Jerry do today?
(a) Walked around the park looking for Peter.
(b) Sat in his apartment before coming to the park.
(c) Went to see the animals and walked north to find someone, Peter.
(d) Rode the subway but never saw the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jerry's excessively long monologue?
2. What does Jerry buy to kill the dog?
3. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
4. What does Jerry share with Peter at the beginning of this section?
5. How does the dog treat Jerry after everything that happened?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)