|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you can't deal with people, you have to make a start somewhere. WITH ___________.
2. Jerry pokes Peter and tells him to do what?
(a) Tell him about his favorite animal
(b) Get up
(c) Leave the park
(d) Move over
3. Who is called slow witted?
4. What does Peter do as he says he needs to be getting home soon?
(a) Looks at his watch
(b) Puts away his book
(d) Gets up from the bench
5. When Peter winces as Jerry is telling his story, what does Jerry tell him to do?
(a) To leave
(b) To not react
(c) To turn around
(d) To give him advice
6. Tell me Peter, is this _________, this iron and wood, is this your honor?
7. From where does Jerry come home?
(a) A date with the landlady.
(b) The park.
(d) The movies.
8. Jerry describes the dog as "Malevolence with an __________."
(c) Easy going spirit
(d) Aptitude for negativity
9. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would be nice.
(b) If it would bite him.
(c) If it would be interested in him.
(d) If it would die.
10. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
(b) A police officer
(c) A child
11. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
(a) A new book to read
(b) A shoulder to cry on
(c) A lesson in manners
(d) Someone to talk to
12. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
(a) Grab his leg
(b) Chew on his door
(c) Steal his lunch
(d) Follow him everywhere
13. Who looks 'ridiculous'?
(a) The dog
(c) The policeman
14. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
(a) To get a better grip
(b) To clean off the blood
(c) To remove the fingerprints
(d) To give the knife to Peter
15. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry think of the answer to #109?
2. What happened to the dog?
3. What do both men do?
4. What happens soon after he has done this to the dog?
5. What does Peter have to say when Jerry is done telling his story?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)