|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jerry deal with the dog on most days?
(a) Ignores it
(b) Runs up to his room
(c) Gives it a treat
(d) Yells at it.
2. What does Peter do to Jerry at this point?
(a) He leaves Jerry.
(b) He yells at Jerry.
(c) He stops Jerry.
(d) He pushes Jerry.
3. What does the dog quickly devour?
(a) The bag of meat.
(b) Scraps of food found on the sidewalk.
(c) His dog food.
(d) Jerry's finger.
4. How does Peter feel for listening to such a crazy story for so long?
(a) Excited and happy.
(b) Confused and furious.
(c) Nervous and worried.
5. What specific things does he list?
(a) Cockroaches, beds, mirrors, toilet paper and ultimately a dog.
(b) Pizza, pasta, and carrots.
(c) His parents, his sister, and Peter.
(d) Lions, tigers, and bears.
6. With what does Jerry explode?
(b) Sound, emotion, in fast, quick movements.
(c) A bomb.
7. What does Jerry list?
(a) Items and animals he needs to learn how to deal with.
(b) His favorite things.
(c) Animals that he likes.
(d) His favorite food.
8. Why does Jerry run upstairs?
(a) To get more food for the dog.
(b) To have the dog follow him.
(c) To avoid the dog's wrath.
(d) To find some dog toys.
9. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
(a) A shoulder to cry on
(b) Someone to talk to
(c) A lesson in manners
(d) A new book to read
10. Who has their own little zoo, according to Jerry?
(c) The queen
(d) The landlady
11. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
(a) A police officer
(c) A child
12. What does the dog do to Jerry upon his move into his home?
(a) It sits by his door.
(b) It barks at him.
(c) It terrorizes him.
(d) It licks his face.
13. Who does Peter say that he was expecting this afternoon?
(a) A friend
(b) His children
(c) His wife
14. What is one characteristic about the dog?
(a) It is an expensive pure bred poodle.
(b) It has red paws.
(c) It has long, beautiful fur.
(d) It is very graceful.
15. Jerry runs at Peter and ______________.
(a) Impales himself with the knife
(b) Knocks him down
(c) Takes the knife away
(d) Hits him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter want to use the knife for?
2. Where did Jerry set the meat down?
3. In what is Jerry genuinely anxious?
4. What does Jerry smile and do?
5. When does the dog bother Jerry?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)