|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerry wipe the knife handle with his handkerchief?
(a) To clean off the blood
(b) To give the knife to Peter
(c) To remove the fingerprints
(d) To get a better grip
2. How does Peter feel now?
(a) Worried and anxious.
(b) Tired and sad.
(c) Irritated and irate.
(d) Exhausted and defeated.
3. What does he do afterward?
(a) He cries.
(b) He takes the dog to a veterinarian.
(c) He runs upstairs.
(d) He hugs the dog.
4. What does the dog quickly devour?
(a) His dog food.
(b) Jerry's finger.
(c) The bag of meat.
(d) Scraps of food found on the sidewalk.
5. What does he do after walking home?
(a) Strangles the dog.
(b) Gives the dog the rat poison.
(c) Stabs the dog.
(d) Shoots the dog.
6. What did Jerry buy for the dog?
(a) A poisoned treat
(b) A new collar
(c) A bone
(d) A bag of hamburgers
7. What does Jerry do with the knife?
(a) He throws it at a tree.
(b) He throws it at Peter's feet.
(c) He stabs himself.
(d) He stabs Peter.
8. At this point in the story, why does Peter wince?
(a) Jerry hits him.
(b) He worries about the dog.
(c) He realizes that he might be speaking with a crazy man.
(d) A bee has just stung him.
9. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would bite him.
(b) If it would be interested in him.
(c) If it would die.
(d) If it would be nice.
10. Why does Jerry run upstairs?
(a) To avoid the dog's wrath.
(b) To have the dog follow him.
(c) To get more food for the dog.
(d) To find some dog toys.
11. What did the dog do when Jerry first moved in?
(a) Growled at him
(b) Ate his shoe
(c) Ran away
(d) Licked him
12. What does Peter want to do?
(a) Get Jerry some professional help.
(b) Run away.
(c) Hug Jerry.
13. With what is it essential to make contact?
(a) A person.
(b) Your family.
(d) A friend.
14. How did Jerry get away from the dog on the second day?
(a) Hit him on the head
(b) Waited until the dog was finished
(c) Walked away
(d) Kicked free
15. Who does Peter say that he was expecting this afternoon?
(b) His children
(c) A friend
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry share with Peter at the beginning of this section?
2. In what is Jerry genuinely anxious?
3. Animals are _____________ to Jerry, according to his own observations.
4. Jerry tells Peter, "You've lost your bench, but defended your __________."
5. Jerry pokes Peter and tells him to do what?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)