|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry consider the greatest city in the world?
(c) New York
2. Why does Peter alway sit on this bench?
(a) It's his bench
(b) It's secluded
(c) It's near the water
(d) It's by a cafe
3. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
(a) It is indeed important.
(b) It is his favorite story.
(c) It is just for entertainment.
(d) It is insubstantial.
4. Why does Jerry say he spoke slowly?
(a) To take up time.
(b) He likes to hear himself speak.
(c) So that Peter would understand.
(d) He cannot speak quickly.
5. Peter claims that he does not want to know __________________.
(a) Why Jerry is talking to him.
(b) Why Jerry chose him.
(c) Why Jerry went to the zoo.
(d) Why Jerry is in the park.
6. What if killing the dog nicely does not work?
(a) He would take it to a veterinarian.
(b) He would try to sell it.
(c) He would try to kill the dog no matter what.
(d) He would let it go free.
7. What does Jerry call himself?
(a) A permanent transient
(b) A crazy fool
(c) A good friend
(d) A silly man
8. Where is the dog waiting for him when he returns?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In the entryway.
9. Who does the seller of the hamburger think the hamburger is for?
(a) A dog
(b) A pussy-cat.
(d) A snake
10. What does Jerry tell Peter?
(a) He is not a jerk.
(b) He is not a vegetable.
(c) He is not a wimp.
(d) He is not a fruit.
11. Jerry continues to push and poke Peter until Peter is _________.
(a) Falling off the bench
(b) Slapping him
(c) Cramped at one end of the bench
12. What can Peter learn from a man who lives in a roominghouse on the West Side?
(b) How to survive.
(d) How to love.
13. What does Peter do, for the first time?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He erupts.
(c) He teases Jerry.
(d) He leaves.
14. What did Jerry buy for the dog?
(a) A new collar
(b) A bag of hamburgers
(c) A bone
(d) A poisoned treat
15. What does Jerry smile and do?
(a) Thanks Peter numerous times.
(b) Teases Peter numerous times.
(c) Hugs Peter numerous times.
(d) Tells Peter "sorry" numerous times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
2. What does Jerry say he will kill the dog with at first?
3. Why wasn't Jerry's test fair in relation to why he went to the zoo?
4. How does the dog treat Jerry after everything that happened?
5. Peter says that he has listened to Jerry all afternoon because it seemed like Jerry needed _____________.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)