|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter alway sit on this bench?
(a) It's near the water
(b) It's secluded
(c) It's by a cafe
(d) It's his bench
2. Why does Jerry say he spoke slowly?
(a) To take up time.
(b) He likes to hear himself speak.
(c) He cannot speak quickly.
(d) So that Peter would understand.
3. What does he hear as he runs away?
(a) Jerry's death cries.
(b) Jerry's sobbing.
(c) Jerry's singing.
(d) Jerry's laughter.
4. Tell me Peter, is this _________, this iron and wood, is this your honor?
5. What does Peter do, for the first time?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He erupts.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He teases Jerry.
6. What does Peter keep saying?
(a) I can't believe it
(b) You tricked me
(c) Oh my God
(d) You are crazy
7. What does Jerry do to the knife?
(a) He stabs Peter.
(b) He stabs himself again.
(c) He wipes it clean of Peter's fingerprints.
(d) He puts it in his pocket.
8. What does Jerry say that the landlady probably eats?
9. What does Peter have to say when Jerry is done telling his story?
(a) What else happened?
(b) That's sad
(c) That's a lie
(d) I don't understand
10. Why is the bench important to Peter?
(a) He proposed to his wife here.
(b) It has the best view of the park.
(c) It is the cleanest bench.
(d) It is the same one he comes to every Sunday to read his paper.
11. How many more times does Jerry try the plan?
12. What does Jerry buy to kill the dog?
(c) Rat poison
13. Where is the open sore on the dog?
(a) On an ear
(b) On its right forepaw
(c) On its chin
(d) On its eye
14. What is Jerry curious about at the end of the dog adventure?
(a) How the dog will treat him
(b) How he can kill the dog another way
(c) Why the dog is limping
(d) What the landlady will do
15. What does Peter do to Jerry at this point?
(a) He pushes Jerry.
(b) He leaves Jerry.
(c) He yells at Jerry.
(d) He stops Jerry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog quickly devour?
2. Peter claims that he does not want to know __________________.
3. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
4. What did the dog do when Jerry first moved in?
5. What happens soon after he has done this to the dog?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)