|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Peter learn from a man who lives in a roominghouse on the West Side?
(c) How to love.
(d) How to survive.
2. What does the dog do to Jerry upon his move into his home?
(a) It sits by his door.
(b) It barks at him.
(c) It licks his face.
(d) It terrorizes him.
3. What does the landlady claim about Jerry?
(a) He will help her bury the dog.
(b) He tries to save the dog.
(c) He loves the dog.
(d) He wants the dog dead.
4. What street was strewn with hamburger rolls?
(a) Columbus Avenue
(b) First Street
(c) Fifth Avenue
5. What happened when Jerry and the dog started at each other?
(a) They talked
(b) They walked together
(c) They smiled
(d) They made contact
6. What does Jerry do with the bag of burgers he has purchased?
(a) Throws away the meat.
(b) Throws away everything but the meat.
(c) He feeds them to the dog.
(d) He eats all of the burgers.
7. What does Peter do when hearing this part of the story?
(a) He raises his hand in protest.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He cries.
(d) He pushes Jerry.
8. Who says, "MY BENCH!"?
9. What does Peter threaten if Jerry doesn't leave?
(a) To sue him
(b) To kick him
(c) To call the police officer
(d) To hit him
10. What does Jerry say to Peter in response to what happens in #175?
(a) You're going to pay
(b) That was easy
(c) You bastard
(d) Thank you
11. What does Jerry say he will kill the dog with at first?
(a) A gun
(b) Rat poison
(c) A knife
12. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
(a) A book
(b) An apple
(c) His trouser leg
(d) His briefcase
13. What is important about animals, according to Jerry?
(a) They do not talk back.
(b) Someone with difficulty communicating can talk to animals.
(c) They listen to people.
(d) They are cute and cuddly.
14. Why wasn't Jerry's test fair in relation to why he went to the zoo?
(a) The setting is false
(b) The animals aren't wild
(c) The people paid to get in
(d) Everyone is separated by bars
15. What does he think Jerry is?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A killer.
(c) A cop.
(d) A bum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry say that enrages Peter?
2. What does Peter call Jerry?
3. Jerry tells Peter that he has never had anything more trying to face than changing ________.
4. How does Peter end up scrunched on one side of the bench?
5. What does Jerry reveal about the dog?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)