|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter genuinely fear Jerry?
(a) Jerry is crazy.
(b) Jerry has a wild look in his eye.
(c) Jerry keeps talking about animals.
(d) He thinks Jerry might kill him over a bench.
2. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
(a) Steal his lunch
(b) Chew on his door
(c) Follow him everywhere
(d) Grab his leg
3. What is gray-yellow-white color on the dog?
(a) His paws
(b) His eyes
(c) His fangs
(d) His belly
4. What did the dog do when Jerry first moved in?
(a) Ate his shoe
(b) Ran away
(c) Growled at him
(d) Licked him
5. Jerry pulls out what as they fight over the bench?
(a) A badge
(b) A hamburger
(c) A knife
(d) A cookie
6. With what is it essential to make contact?
(b) Your family.
(c) A person.
(d) A friend.
7. What does Peter do as he says he needs to be getting home soon?
(a) Looks at his watch
(b) Puts away his book
(c) Gets up from the bench
8. What does Peter want to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Get Jerry some professional help.
(d) Hug Jerry.
9. What does Jerry list?
(a) Animals that he likes.
(b) His favorite food.
(c) Items and animals he needs to learn how to deal with.
(d) His favorite things.
10. If the answer to #112 doesn't work, what will Jerry do?
(a) He says he will just kill him
(b) He says he will move
(c) He says he will try harder
(d) He says he will find another way
11. What did Jerry do today?
(a) Walked around the park looking for Peter.
(b) Went to see the animals and walked north to find someone, Peter.
(c) Sat in his apartment before coming to the park.
(d) Rode the subway but never saw the zoo.
12. Tell me Peter, is this _________, this iron and wood, is this your honor?
13. What does Jerry wonder about the dog?
(a) If it would die.
(b) If it would be nice.
(c) If it would be interested in him.
(d) If it would bite him.
14. At this point in the story, why does Peter wince?
(a) He worries about the dog.
(b) He realizes that he might be speaking with a crazy man.
(c) A bee has just stung him.
(d) Jerry hits him.
15. Who does Peter say that he was expecting this afternoon?
(a) His children
(b) His wife
(d) A friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry tell him about the story?
2. Who says that people can't have everything they want?
3. Peter claims that he does not want to know __________________.
4. What do the men suddenly start screaming at one another?
5. What does the landlady ask Jerry to do for the dog?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)