|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter live?
(a) Broadway and 8th
(b) Lexington and 3rd
(c) Fifth Avenue
(d) Near the zoo
2. When Jerry finishes his monologue on his family, what kind of joke does he call his life?
3. Where was Jerry's mom's body found?
(c) North Carolina
4. How does Jerry 'know' Peter's answer to the question about having more kids?
(a) The way he moved
(b) The way he stared at other women
(c) He talked to Peter's wife
(d) The way he crosses his legs
5. What part of the park does Jerry dislike?
(a) The west side
(b) The entrance
(c) The north side
(d) The south side
6. What does Peter think of this man's odd reprimand?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is worried by it.
(c) He understands it.
(d) He does not understand it.
7. Where does Peter do this?
(a) At a large car dealership.
(b) At a large law firm.
(c) At a small textbook publishing house.
(d) At a small private practice.
8. What caused Jerry's dad to die?
(a) His wife
(b) A heart condition
(c) Nothing, he's still alive
(d) An omnibus
9. What does Peter claim in response?
(a) He has seen many picture frames.
(b) He knows about Jerry's kids.
(c) He has seen those cards.
(d) He does not care about Jerry's parents.
10. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
(a) She parted with the ghost
(b) She fell
(c) She drank herself to death
(d) She committed suicide
11. How does Jerry get to the Village?
(a) By the subway.
(b) By the bus.
(c) By walking.
(d) By riding his bike.
12. What does Jerry repeatedly ignore?
(a) Peter's comments.
(b) The other people around him.
(c) The noises in the park.
(d) The fly buzzing in his ear.
13. Peter says he has a considerable ___________ of taste.
14. What does Jerry become when he sees that Peter is angry with him?
15. What does Jerry's typewriter type?
(a) Only lower case letters
(b) Only consonants
(c) Only capital letters
Short Answer Questions
1. How many park benches are on the stage at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Jerry find to be obvious about the picture frames?
3. What does Jerry tell him?
4. With what does Peter oblige Jerry?
5. Fill in the blank: "But that was the jazz of a very special ______."
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)