|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does his mother walk out on his father when he was ten-and-a-half-years old?
(a) To find a better life.
(b) To get revenge on his father.
(c) To protect her son.
(d) To sleep with many men in the southern United States.
2. What is Peter increasingly becoming?
3. What does the woman on the third floor do?
(a) Calls Jerry all time.
(b) Reprimands her children.
(c) Cries all of the time.
(d) Sings in the shower.
4. Jerry has a small strongbox that contains what?
(d) A knife
5. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
(a) She is understanding and sweet.
(b) She does not talk to him.
(c) She only talks to him when rent is due.
(d) She emits fumes and sexual lust towards him.
6. Where did Peter read about the situation referred to in question 31?
(a) A doctor's office
(b) A medical text
(c) The newspaper
(d) Time magazine
7. If Peter has children, what is the gender?
(b) One boy and one girl
(c) Peter doesn't have children
8. Does Peter want to have more children in the future?
(a) He's not sure.
9. What does Jerry continuously ask Peter?
(a) Random and somewhat personal questions.
(b) Vague questions.
(c) Impersonal questions.
(d) Carefully constructed questions.
10. Where does the play open?
(a) In the present day in Central Park in New York City.
(b) In Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
(c) In the Versailles garden in France.
(d) In 19th century Central Park in New York City.
11. What has Jerry only done once?
(a) Gone up into the Empire State Building.
(b) Sat in the park.
(c) Driven a car.
(d) Been with a woman.
12. Jerry says this is one of those things who has to do?
(a) Some people.
(d) A person.
13. What does an uncomfortable Peter wonder about Jerry?
(a) Why Jerry is talking to him.
(b) Why Jerry lives in such a place.
(c) Why Jerry lives in such a nice place.
(d) Why Jerry is in the park.
14. Of what does Peter wonder nervously?
(a) About Jerry.
(b) About the landlady.
(c) About the dog.
(d) About Jerry's family.
15. How does Peter laugh?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the play take place?
2. What does Jerry become when he sees that Peter is angry with him?
3. Where does the play take place?
4. What is happening as the play opens?
5. When Jerry talks about being with ladies, he says that most of them wouldn't be caught in the same room with a _______.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)