|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jerry quickly respond?
(a) With anger.
(b) With inquisitiveness.
(c) With agitation.
(d) With surprise.
2. What does Jerry ask Peter about that has him flustered for an answer?
(a) Where are we?
(b) How much do you make?
(c) What does your wife look like?
(d) Who are your favorite writers?
3. Why does he do this, every once in awhile?
(a) He wants to make new friends.
(b) He needs a change in his life.
(c) He wants to be in nature.
(d) He needs to take time to think.
4. Then of what does Jerry plan to speak?
(a) His parents.
(b) The zoo.
(c) His subway ride.
(d) His trip home.
5. Who does Jerry abhor?
(a) The landlady with a dog.
(b) His neighbor.
(d) The woman on the third floor.
6. What does Peter claim about his life?
(a) It is complex.
(b) It is stressful.
(c) It is simple.
(d) It is annoying.
7. What does Jerry want to know about the zoo?
(a) How much it costs to enter.
(b) If it is a good zoo.
(c) Its hours of operation.
(d) Its background.
8. What is Peter's title at his job?
(a) Customer service rep
(d) Desk clerk
9. How does Peter respond to this question?
(a) He does not have a wife.
(b) He has two, but will have no more.
(c) He has a good job.
(d) He rents an apartment.
10. What does Peter quickly laugh and tell Jerry?
(a) He is annoyed and angry.
(b) He is tired and wants to go home.
(c) He is not angry.
(d) He is angry.
11. When Jerry talks about his dead parents, he describes them as a particular vaudeville act that is playing the ______ circuit now.
12. What caused Jerry's dad to die?
(a) A heart condition
(b) An omnibus
(c) Nothing, he's still alive
(d) His wife
13. How many stories does Jerry's building have?
14. When Jerry talks about being with ladies, he says that most of them wouldn't be caught in the same room with a _______.
15. How is Peter at this moment?
(a) Still uncomfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Jerry's walls made from?
2. How does Jerry look?
3. About what does a dumbstruck Peter wonder about the picture frames?
4. Who does Jerry think is spying on him?
5. How does Jerry get to the Village?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)