|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jerry walk to get to the zoo?
(a) Up 21st Street
(b) Down 10th
(c) Over 12th
(d) Up 5th Avenue
2. What does Jerry ask Peter?
(a) What he does for a living and how much money he makes.
(b) What train he is taking home.
(c) What he has in his pockets.
(d) Where his wife works.
3. Who does Peter consider to be the finer writer when Jerry gives him a choice?
4. About what does a dumbstruck Peter wonder about the picture frames?
(a) Where he got the picture frames.
(b) How long he has known the people in the picture frames.
(c) Why they are empty.
(d) Who is in the pictures.
5. What's the cross street that is to the right?
(a) 5th avenue
(b) 10th avenue
(c) Market Street
(d) 74th street
6. What does Jerry say his landlady drinks in the afternoon?
(d) Lemon flavored gin
7. What does Jerry want to know about the zoo?
(a) Its hours of operation.
(b) If it is a good zoo.
(c) How much it costs to enter.
(d) Its background.
8. Who carries horn-rimmed glasses?
9. When Jerry tells Peter he doesn't like one particular side of the park, what is his reasoning for not liking it?
(a) It's too crowded
(b) It's too dark
(c) There are no benches
(d) He doesn't give a reason
10. Jerry wonders if Peter has pets. How many does Peter say his family has?
11. Where did Peter read about the situation referred to in question 31?
(a) Time magazine
(b) The newspaper
(c) A doctor's office
(d) A medical text
12. From where did Jerry walk to get to the park?
(a) From Washington Square
(b) From Grand Central
(c) From the Met
(d) From the Stock Market
13. What does Jerry's typewriter type?
(a) Only consonants
(b) Only lower case letters
(d) Only capital letters
14. What does Jerry tell Peter about listening?
(a) That he's not good at it
(b) That he doesn't have to
(c) That he doesn't care
(d) That he knows he isn't
15. Who did Jerry live with for most of his life?
(a) A family friend
(b) His brother
(c) His pop
(d) His mother's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Jerry's dad to die?
2. Fill in the blank: "But that was the jazz of a very special ______."
3. Why does Jerry do this?
4. What does Jerry say that he is to his landlady?
5. For what does Jerry say that kids use pornographic cards as a substitute?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)