Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
(a) She drops dead on the stairs to her apartment.
(b) She finds a new home.
(c) She trips and falls down the stairs.
(d) She leaves him.
2. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
(a) She parted with the ghost
(b) She drank herself to death
(c) She committed suicide
(d) She fell
3. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
(a) Talks to the landlady.
(b) Cleans the landlady's apartment.
(c) Buys groceries.
(d) Manages to escape this woman.
4. Who cries all the time, according to Jerry?
(a) The woman on the third floor
(c) He does
(d) His aunt
5. Why does he have to go this distance?
(a) To see the city in which he or she lives.
(b) To meet new people.
(c) To come back a short distance correctly.
(d) To get exercise.
6. Then of what does Jerry plan to speak?
(a) His subway ride.
(b) The zoo.
(c) His parents.
(d) His trip home.
7. Where is Jerry's room in this building?
(a) The bottom floor
(b) The top floor
(c) The ground floor
(d) The basement
8. The setting of trees and a single park bench is so simple. On what does the audience focus?
(a) The trees.
(b) The lighting.
(c) The bench.
(d) The dialogue and the actors.
9. What is the first line of the play?
(a) I'm Peter
(b) Hey you.
(c) I'm Jerry
(d) I've been to the zoo.
10. What does Jerry blatantly tell Peter?
(a) About his worthless parents who are dead.
(b) About his loving wife.
(c) About his wonderful parents.
(d) About his children.
11. Why does Peter return to this question?
(a) Jerry seemed to have an interest in publishing.
(b) Peter wants to know where Jerry lives.
(c) Jerry seemed so emphatic about it.
(d) Peter feels comfortable talking about his children.
12. When Jerry talks about his dead parents, he describes them as a particular vaudeville act that is playing the ______ circuit now.
13. What does Jerry wonder?
(a) If he has been walking south.
(b) If he has been walking west.
(c) If he has been walking north.
(d) If he has been walking east.
14. Where did Jerry's mom go when she left?
(a) He has no idea
(c) The southern states
15. With what does Peter oblige Jerry?
(a) With his musings.
(b) With more space on the bench.
(c) With his desire for money.
(d) With his need to walk to the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry say when Peter admits to being married?
2. How is Peter at this moment?
3. When did Jerry's mom walk out on him?
4. What does Jerry begin to ask Peter?
5. Jerry never sees ladies more than _______.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)