|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jerry say that his mom died?
(a) She fell
(b) She committed suicide
(c) She drank herself to death
(d) She parted with the ghost
2. How does Jerry look?
(a) Reserved and classic-looking.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) Wealthy and sophisticated.
(d) More unkempt, disheveled and rugged.
3. What is happening as the play opens?
(a) Two men are fighting.
(b) Two men sit alone.
(c) Two men begin to converse.
(d) Two men glare at each other.
4. Where does Peter work?
(a) Large corporation
(b) A school
(c) A small publishing house
(d) Doctor's office
5. How many stories does Jerry's building have?
6. What does Jerry presume about Peter?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He is uncomfortable.
(c) He is trying to make sense of his words and actions.
(d) He is nervous.
7. What does Jerry tell Peter he doesn't like to do?
(a) Try on clothes
(b) Go to the zoo
(c) Speak to people
(d) Walk on the street
8. What does Jerry find to be obvious about the picture frames?
(a) They are people he has known for many years.
(b) They are pictures of his family.
(c) He has nobody to put in the frames.
(d) They are from Target.
9. How much does Peter make each year?
10. Where does Peter assume that Jerry lives?
(a) West Side
(c) The Village
(d) Upper East Side
11. What does Jerry realize that he has yet to do?
(a) Call his wife.
(b) Tell Peter how important he is.
(c) Introduce himself to Peter.
(d) Finish his story.
12. What color is the landlady's dog?
13. What does Peter think of these people?
(a) They are unique.
(b) They are very different from him.
(c) They are interesting.
(d) They are disgusting.
14. Who does Jerry abhor?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The woman on the third floor.
(c) The landlady with a dog.
15. How does Peter look?
(a) More unkempt, disheveled and rugged.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) Reserved and classic-looking.
(d) Wealthy and sophisticated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jerry first approaches Peter, he asks if he's been walking a certain direction. Which direction does he want to know about?
2. Who owns the dog that Jerry can't stand?
3. What does Jerry want to know about the zoo?
4. What does he think about the landlady?
5. What does Jerry's neighbor wear to and from the bathroom?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)