|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an uncomfortable Peter wonder about Jerry?
(a) Why Jerry is in the park.
(b) Why Jerry is talking to him.
(c) Why Jerry lives in such a nice place.
(d) Why Jerry lives in such a place.
2. Why does Peter become angry?
(a) He wants to get Jerry upset.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He never started this conversation and wants to be rid of it.
(d) He wants to go home.
3. When did Jerry's mother's sister die?
(a) On the afternoon of Jerry's high school graduation
(b) On Christmas
(d) A few years ago
4. What has Jerry only done once?
(a) Gone up into the Empire State Building.
(b) Sat in the park.
(c) Driven a car.
(d) Been with a woman.
5. Where does Jerry live?
(a) A brownstone rooming house.
(b) A single family home
(c) An apartment
(d) A townhouse
6. Then of what does Jerry plan to speak?
(a) His subway ride.
(b) The zoo.
(c) His parents.
(d) His trip home.
7. Who does Peter consider to be the finer writer when Jerry gives him a choice?
8. What does Jerry say when Peter admits to being married?
9. Who was his mom's most constant companion?
(a) Mr. Barleycorn
(b) Her dog
(c) A woman named Sue
10. Who wears tweeds and smokes a pipe?
11. When Peter calls Jerry a 'dear fellow' what does Jerry accuse him of being?
(a) A snob
(d) Too quiet
12. About what does a dumbstruck Peter wonder about the picture frames?
(a) Why they are empty.
(b) Who is in the pictures.
(c) How long he has known the people in the picture frames.
(d) Where he got the picture frames.
13. Why does Peter assume that Jerry lives in the Village?
(a) He says he lives in the Village.
(b) He is walking north from the zoo.
(c) He is walking east from the zoo.
(d) He looks like someone who would live in the Village.
14. What does Jerry tell Peter about listening?
(a) That he's not good at it
(b) That he doesn't have to
(c) That he doesn't care
(d) That he knows he isn't
15. Who did Jerry date when he was younger?
(a) A queen
(b) A girl named Mary
(c) The pastor's only daughter
(d) The superintendent's son
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jerry live with for most of his life?
2. Why does he feel this way?
3. What does Peter think of these people?
4. What does Jerry wonder?
5. On hearing this question, how does Jerry react?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)