|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Jerry walk to get to the park?
(a) From the Stock Market
(b) From the Met
(c) From Washington Square
(d) From Grand Central
2. With what does Peter oblige Jerry?
(a) With his desire for money.
(b) With his need to walk to the zoo.
(c) With his musings.
(d) With more space on the bench.
3. To what is the landlady compared?
(a) A princess.
(b) A watchdog.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A mother hen.
4. How much money does Peter tell Jerry he makes?
5. How does Jerry describe this crying?
(a) Very determined
(b) Very sad
(c) Very loud
6. What does Jerry repeatedly ignore?
(a) The fly buzzing in his ear.
(b) The other people around him.
(c) The noises in the park.
(d) Peter's comments.
7. What does Jerry continuously ask Peter?
(a) Carefully constructed questions.
(b) Random and somewhat personal questions.
(c) Impersonal questions.
(d) Vague questions.
8. Who lives next to Jerry?
(a) A Jewish elder
(b) A colored family
(c) A colored queen
(d) A white nun
9. How many stories does Jerry's building have?
10. What does Jerry say that Peter probably threw out when he got married?
(a) His freedom
(b) His sporting equipment
(c) His dirty magazines
(d) Pornographic cards
11. Who does Jerry think is spying on him?
(a) The dog
(b) A man down the hall
(c) His landlady
(d) A police officer
12. What does Peter do to fill the space?
(a) He emits laughter.
(b) He looks at Jerry.
(c) He talks about his children.
(d) He sighs.
13. About what else does he wonder nervously?
(a) About the zoo.
(b) About the park.
(c) About Jerry's mental state.
(d) About the subway ride.
14. What caused Jerry's dad to die?
(a) An omnibus
(b) A heart condition
(c) Nothing, he's still alive
(d) His wife
15. What kind(s) of pet(s) does Peter's family have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jerry live?
2. How many children does Peter have?
3. Who does Jerry abhor?
4. What does Jerry presume about Peter?
5. What else does Jerry want to know about Peter?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)