|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry do on a daily basis?
(a) Cleans the landlady's apartment.
(b) Buys groceries.
(c) Talks to the landlady.
(d) Manages to escape this woman.
2. Where does Peter live?
(a) Fifth Avenue
(b) Broadway and 8th
(c) Near the zoo
(d) Lexington and 3rd
3. How much does Peter make each year?
4. What is the first line of the play?
(a) I'm Peter
(b) I'm Jerry
(c) I've been to the zoo.
(d) Hey you.
5. How does Jerry keep the landlady away?
(a) He hides
(b) He married her
(c) He lies to her
(d) He ignores her
6. What does Peter's company work on?
7. What does Jerry blatantly tell Peter?
(a) About his children.
(b) About his loving wife.
(c) About his wonderful parents.
(d) About his worthless parents who are dead.
8. Who does Jerry abhor?
(a) The woman on the third floor.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The landlady with a dog.
9. What does Jerry wonder?
(a) If he has been walking west.
(b) If he has been walking east.
(c) If he has been walking north.
(d) If he has been walking south.
10. Who carries horn-rimmed glasses?
11. What does Jerry say when Peter admits to being married?
12. Why does he feel this way?
(a) He does not like to listen to people talk about their lives.
(b) This stranger is asking him such personal questions.
(c) He enjoys Jerry's company.
(d) Jerry is doing so much talking.
13. What has Jerry only done once?
(a) Sat in the park.
(b) Driven a car.
(c) Been with a woman.
(d) Gone up into the Empire State Building.
14. To what is the landlady compared?
(a) A watchdog.
(b) A princess.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A mother hen.
15. What does Jerry not like to do very much?
(a) Keep quiet.
(b) Sit still.
(c) Speak to people.
(d) Sit in the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Peter wonder nervously?
2. What does Peter think of this man's odd reprimand?
3. What does Jerry want to know about the zoo?
4. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
5. The setting of trees and a single park bench is so simple. On what does the audience focus?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)