|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Peter have?
2. What does Jerry ask Peter?
(a) Where his wife works.
(b) What he has in his pockets.
(c) What train he is taking home.
(d) What he does for a living and how much money he makes.
3. What does Peter say in reaction to the description of the landlady?
(a) You're in love with her
(b) That's disgusting
(c) Is she for real?
(d) That's a lie
4. Why is Peter in shock about such people?
(a) They are more like him than he had thought.
(b) They are interesting.
(c) There are many people like this.
(d) They exist in the world.
5. About what else does he wonder nervously?
(a) About the zoo.
(b) About Jerry's mental state.
(c) About the park.
(d) About the subway ride.
6. How does Jerry feel when he wonders if Peter will tell him to get married and to have parakeets one day?
7. What happens soon after his father returns?
(a) He is hit by a large moving omnibus and dies.
(b) He finds a new job.
(c) He gets remarried.
(d) He leaves Jerry.
8. What does Jerry become when he sees that Peter is angry with him?
9. To what is the landlady compared?
(a) A mother hen.
(b) A watchdog.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A princess.
10. What does Jerry say that Peter probably threw out when he got married?
(a) His sporting equipment
(b) Pornographic cards
(c) His dirty magazines
(d) His freedom
11. What does Jerry call that incident?
(a) A middle-European joke.
(b) An accident.
(c) A shock.
(d) A surprise.
12. Fill in the blanks in this quote from Jerry: "Sometimes a person has to go a very long ________ out of his way to come back a short _______ correctly."
(a) Route, route
(b) Distance, distance
(c) Roundabout, way
(d) Way, way
13. What does Jerry tell him?
(a) "You should go home, because I may do something I will regret later."
(b) "You don't have to listen. Nobody is holding you here; remember that. Keep that in your mind"
(c) "Thank you for sitting here with me for such a long time."
(d) "I think you are an amazing man."
14. With what does Jerry continue?
(a) His complaints.
(b) His story.
(c) His compliments of Peter.
(d) His interest in the zoo.
15. Where does Jerry live?
(a) In a roominghouse.
(b) In a brownstone.
(c) In a chic apartment.
(d) In a garden apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Peter oblige Jerry?
2. What caused Jerry's dad to die?
3. Where does Peter work?
4. How far does a person sometimes have to go?
5. When Jerry talks about his dead parents, he describes them as a particular vaudeville act that is playing the ______ circuit now.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)