|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jerry's mom go when she left?
(a) The southern states
(d) He has no idea
2. Where does Peter assume that Jerry lives?
(b) Upper East Side
(c) West Side
(d) The Village
3. How does Jerry keep the landlady away?
(a) He married her
(b) He ignores her
(c) He lies to her
(d) He hides
4. What part of the park does Jerry dislike?
(a) The west side
(b) The entrance
(c) The north side
(d) The south side
5. Who wears tweeds and smokes a pipe?
6. How long did Jerry's Pop celebrate New Years?
(a) A year
(b) He didn't
(c) Two weeks
(d) One night
7. How does Peter look?
(a) Wealthy and sophisticated.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) More unkempt, disheveled and rugged.
(d) Reserved and classic-looking.
8. Where does Jerry live?
(a) An apartment
(b) A brownstone rooming house.
(c) A townhouse
(d) A single family home
9. Why does his mother walk out on his father when he was ten-and-a-half-years old?
(a) To sleep with many men in the southern United States.
(b) To find a better life.
(c) To get revenge on his father.
(d) To protect her son.
10. Where does the play open?
(a) In 19th century Central Park in New York City.
(b) In the Versailles garden in France.
(c) In Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
(d) In the present day in Central Park in New York City.
11. When Jerry talks about his dead parents, he describes them as a particular vaudeville act that is playing the ______ circuit now.
12. What does Jerry pour out?
(a) Information about his background.
(b) A string of contradictory emotions.
(c) Of a bar.
(d) A glass of milk.
13. What does Jerry begin?
(a) Another long monologue about the zoo.
(b) Another long monologue about a vacation he had taken.
(c) Another long monologue about his job.
(d) Another long monologue about living in New York.
14. In what state does the play take place?
(b) Rhode Island
(c) New York
15. What's the cross street that is to the right?
(a) 74th street
(b) Market Street
(c) 10th avenue
(d) 5th avenue
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry begin to ask Peter?
2. When did Jerry ask questions about the zoo?
3. Peter says he has a considerable ___________ of taste.
4. What does Jerry keep doing to Peter?
5. What does Jerry wonder about Peter?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)