|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jerry abhor?
(a) The woman on the third floor.
(c) The landlady with a dog.
(d) His neighbor.
2. Who does Peter consider to be the finer writer when Jerry gives him a choice?
3. What is Peter's title at his job?
(a) Customer service rep
(d) Desk clerk
4. What does Jerry have in his home that he's not supposed to have?
(a) A safe
(b) A fireplace
(c) A gun
(d) A hot plate
5. Who lives next to Jerry?
(a) A colored family
(b) A Jewish elder
(c) A colored queen
(d) A white nun
6. Where will Peter learn about this information in question 7?
(a) In the paper
(b) On TV
(c) From a friend
(d) From a police officer
7. When did Jerry ask questions about the zoo?
(a) Just a moment ago.
(b) Peter had asked Jerry about the zoo.
(c) When the two first met moments earlier.
(d) He has not yet asked a question about the zoo.
8. On what day of the week does the play take place?
9. What can Jerry not stand to do?
(a) Be near such a woman.
(b) Leave without say goodbye to her.
(c) Be far from this woman.
(d) Ignore her.
10. What does Jerry wonder?
(a) If he has been walking east.
(b) If he has been walking north.
(c) If he has been walking west.
(d) If he has been walking south.
11. With what does Jerry continue?
(a) His complaints.
(b) His story.
(c) His interest in the zoo.
(d) His compliments of Peter.
12. Referring to your answer of question 67, how long did Jerry claim to be such?
(a) Five days
(b) A week and a half
(c) A day
(d) A year
13. About what else does he wonder nervously?
(a) About the park.
(b) About Jerry's mental state.
(c) About the subway ride.
(d) About the zoo.
14. What is Peter increasingly becoming?
15. This character is in his early-forties and has a pressed and neat appearance:
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter respond to this question?
2. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
3. Who carries horn-rimmed glasses?
4. How does Jerry get to the Village?
5. What do each of Peter's daughters have?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)