|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 45-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry begin by telling Peter about the zoo?
(a) How much it costs.
(b) Why he went to the zoo in the first place.
(c) When the animal shows take place.
(d) What his favorite animals are.
2. Why does his mother walk out on his father when he was ten-and-a-half-years old?
(a) To protect her son.
(b) To get revenge on his father.
(c) To find a better life.
(d) To sleep with many men in the southern United States.
3. What do both men do?
(d) Stab themselves.
4. What does Peter do to Jerry at this point?
(a) He pushes Jerry.
(b) He yells at Jerry.
(c) He leaves Jerry.
(d) He stops Jerry.
5. What did the dog get a piece of on the second day Jerry was around?
(a) An apple
(b) His briefcase
(c) His trouser leg
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter winces as Jerry is telling his story, what does Jerry tell him to do?
2. What does the landlady do?
3. What does Jerry become when he sees that Peter is angry with him?
4. What happened to the dog?
5. Why does Jerry think Peter should understand everything he's said?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)