|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter live?
(a) Broadway and 8th
(b) Near the zoo
(c) Lexington and 3rd
(d) Fifth Avenue
2. Where does Jerry live?
(a) In a brownstone.
(b) In a roominghouse.
(c) In a chic apartment.
(d) In a garden apartment.
3. What does he think about the landlady?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is kind and patient.
(c) She is somewhat annoying.
(d) She is lazy, ugly, cheap, and absolutely garbage.
4. What happens soon after his father returns?
(a) He finds a new job.
(b) He leaves Jerry.
(c) He gets remarried.
(d) He is hit by a large moving omnibus and dies.
5. What does Jerry presume about Peter?
(a) He is uncomfortable.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He wants to leave.
(d) He is trying to make sense of his words and actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blanks in this quote from Jerry: "Sometimes a person has to go a very long ________ out of his way to come back a short _______ correctly."
2. By what is Peter stunned?
3. What does Jerry do about Peter's assumption?
4. Why does his mother walk out on his father when he was ten-and-a-half-years old?
5. What does Jerry say when Peter admits to being married?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)