|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jerry finishes his monologue on his family, what kind of joke does he call his life?
2. What does Jerry ask Peter?
(a) What train he is taking home.
(b) Where his wife works.
(c) What he has in his pockets.
(d) What he does for a living and how much money he makes.
3. To what question does Peter return?
(a) The question about where Peter lives.
(b) The question about Peter's children.
(c) The question of the zoo.
(d) The question about Peter's job.
4. What does Jerry repeatedly ignore?
(a) The noises in the park.
(b) The fly buzzing in his ear.
(c) The other people around him.
(d) Peter's comments.
5. Why does he do this, every once in awhile?
(a) He wants to be in nature.
(b) He needs to take time to think.
(c) He needs a change in his life.
(d) He wants to make new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The setting of trees and a single park bench is so simple. On what does the audience focus?
2. When Jerry was fifteen, what did he say that he was?
3. What is Peter increasingly becoming?
4. What does Jerry tell him?
5. How much does Peter make each year?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)