|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry do every once in awhile?
(a) Sits quietly without speaking to anyone.
(c) He likes to talk to people.
(d) Enjoys the park.
2. Fill in the blanks in this quote from Jerry: "Sometimes a person has to go a very long ________ out of his way to come back a short _______ correctly."
(a) Roundabout, way
(b) Distance, distance
(c) Route, route
(d) Way, way
3. What does an uncomfortable Peter wonder about Jerry?
(a) Why Jerry is talking to him.
(b) Why Jerry lives in such a nice place.
(c) Why Jerry is in the park.
(d) Why Jerry lives in such a place.
4. How does Jerry 'know' Peter's answer to the question about having more kids?
(a) The way he crosses his legs
(b) He talked to Peter's wife
(c) The way he stared at other women
(d) The way he moved
5. Where does Peter assume that Jerry lives?
(b) West Side
(c) The Village
(d) Upper East Side
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the dog that Jerry can't stand?
2. What is gray-yellow-white color on the dog?
3. What can Jerry not stand to do?
4. What does the dog try to do to Jerry?
5. What does Jerry not like to do very much?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)