|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter's family keep the pet(s)?
(a) In a separate room
(b) In a doghouse
(c) In cages in the girls' bedrooms
2. How does Peter respond to this reminder?
(a) He hugs Jerry.
(b) He enthusiastically acquiesces.
(c) He yawns.
(d) He complains.
3. What is the name of Jerry's excessively long monologue?
(a) "The Story of Jerry and the Landlady."
(b) "Peter and Jerry's story."
(c) "Jerry and the Zoo."
(d) "The Story of Jerry and the Dog."
4. What does Jerry ask Peter?
(a) Where his wife works.
(b) What he has in his pockets.
(c) What he does for a living and how much money he makes.
(d) What train he is taking home.
5. Why does Peter return to this question?
(a) Jerry seemed to have an interest in publishing.
(b) Peter wants to know where Jerry lives.
(c) Peter feels comfortable talking about his children.
(d) Jerry seemed so emphatic about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the landlady act towards Jerry?
2. What happens to Jerry's aunt?
3. What does Jerry want to know about writers?
4. What kind of animal should it be?
5. What does the landlady ask Jerry to do for the dog?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)