|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
2. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
3. What title does Tudras have?
4. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
5. What does Grandmother's tale end with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
2. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
4. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
5. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
6. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
7. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
8. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
9. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
10. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
The Chelm Elders present a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is experienced a number of times in these stories by different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)