|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What night did it snow in Chelm?
2. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
3. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
4. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
5. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of young man is Atzel when he grows up?
2. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
3. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
4. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
5. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
6. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
7. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
8. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
9. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
10. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is experienced a number of times in these stories by different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Interesting advice is given and received in these stories. What are some examples of this advice, and what are the consequences of it?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)