|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
2. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
3. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
4. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
5. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
2. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
4. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
5. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
6. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
9. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
10. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aaron endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes in these stories. In which short stories are these more evident? Which characters are the most motivated by them?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)