Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
4. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
5. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
2. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
5. What helps David get back to his house?
6. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What is the first gift given to Lemel by Yenta, and what does he do with it?
9. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
10. How does the rooster get out of the house?
Essay Topic 1
Foolishness is a common folly highlighted in this collection of stories. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message is being sent by this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes in these stories. In which short stories are these more evident? Which characters are the most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)