Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
4. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
5. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
2. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
5. What helps David get back to his house?
6. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What is the first gift given to Lemel by Yenta, and what does he do with it?
9. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
10. How does the rooster get out of the house?
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plots. Why might Singer have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
The characters in these stories have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and discuss their main motivation and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)