|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
4. What night did it snow in Chelm?
5. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
2. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
3. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
4. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
5. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
6. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
7. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
8. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
9. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
10. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)