|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the devil do when he is released?
(b) Screams and yells.
(c) Thanks David.
(d) Runs away.
2. Where is the devil walking in the snow?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The forest.
(c) The city street.
(d) The riverbank.
3. What does David's father do when he is brought home?
(a) Kisses his wife.
(b) Runs inside.
(c) Slaps the devil.
(d) Apologizes to David.
4. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) East Chelm.
(b) Chelm Proper.
(c) West Chelm.
(d) Northwest Chelm.
5. What is the first gift Shlemel gives Lemel?
(a) A silver gulden.
(b) A penknife.
(c) A jar of chicken fat.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shlemiel think woke him up?
2. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
3. Where does Lemel put his first gift from Yenta?
4. What does David do before releasing the devil?
5. What does Shlemiel dream he is when he falls asleep after eating the Hanukkah treat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
2. Why does Shlemiel not drink water from the well after eating the jam?
3. How does Lemel lose the silver gulden given to him by Shmelka?
4. What three things does Mrs. Shlemiel ask of her husband before she leaves for the market?
5. What does Mrs. Shlemiel sell in the marketplace, and why?
6. What do the Elders tell Shmelkicha to do about her daughters' mixed up feet?
7. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
8. What is the first gift given to Lemel by Yenta, and what does he do with it?
9. What lie does Mrs. Shlemiel tell her husband, and how does she justify herself?
10. What does David do before releasing the devil's tail from his door?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)