|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up Shlemiel after he eats the Hanukkah treat?
(a) His wife yelling.
(b) A bell.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) The baby crying.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Mrs. Shlemiel tells her husband to do while she is gone?
(a) Fold the laundry.
(b) Keep the rooster in the house.
(c) Don't eat the poison.
(d) Watch the baby.
3. Who does the devil send to do what David asked of him?
(a) His servant.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
4. Who convinces Yenta to sign the marriage contract?
(c) The Elders.
(d) Her sister.
5. What does David's father do when he is brought home?
(a) Runs inside.
(b) Slaps the devil.
(c) Kisses his wife.
(d) Apologizes to David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Shmelka's daughters refuse to get out of bed one morning?
2. What is Shmelkicha told to do about her daughters in bed?
3. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
4. How long has the snowstorm by David's house lasted?
5. What does David use to hurt the devil before releasing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last gift that Yenta gives Lemel, and what does Lemel do with it?
2. What does David do before releasing the devil's tail from his door?
3. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
4. Why does Shlemiel not drink water from the well after eating the jam?
5. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
6. What happens as David returns to his house?
7. How does Lemel lose the silver gulden given to him by Shmelka?
8. What do the Elders tell Shmelkicha to do about her daughters' mixed up feet?
9. What helps David get back to his house?
10. What does Shlemiel dream about while his wife is at the market?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)