|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yenta not want to marry Lemel?
(a) He is shorter than she is.
(b) He is a stranger.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He calls her the wrong name.
2. What gift does Yenta give Lemel?
(a) A jar of jam.
(b) Some butter.
(c) A bag of fish.
(d) Fresh eggs.
3. What does Shlemiel say he would rather do than hear his wife's scolding?
4. What wakes Shlemiel from his nap?
(a) The rooster.
(b) A bell.
(c) The crying baby.
(d) A large crash.
5. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
(a) Cinnamon rolls.
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
2. Why did David's father go to the village?
3. How does David think his father got lost?
4. Where does Lemel put his first gift from Yenta?
5. What does Yenta's signature look like?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)