|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shmelkicha do when she sees why her daughters won't get out of bed?
(a) Cuts their hair.
(b) Calls for her husband.
(c) Call for the Elders of Chelm.
(d) Covers them with a blanket.
2. What is the name of the illustrator of the picture of the devil?
(a) Matthew Sardank.
(b) Maurice Sendak.
(c) Markus Sardrink.
(d) Matthias Sardek.
3. What does David wrap his sister in to keep her warm?
(b) A coat.
(c) Old scarves.
4. What does David's father do when he is brought home?
(a) Kisses his wife.
(b) Slaps the devil.
(c) Runs inside.
(d) Apologizes to David.
5. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) East Chelm.
(b) West Chelm.
(c) Chelm Proper.
(d) Northwest Chelm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shlemiel say he would rather do than hear his wife's scolding?
2. How does the rooster get out of the house?
3. Who does the devil send to do what David asked of him?
4. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
5. What does Mrs. Shlemiel sell in the market?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)