|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shlemiel say he would rather do than hear his wife's scolding?
2. Why is Lemel unable to sign the marriage contract at first?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He has no pen.
(c) He cannot write.
(d) He does not love Yenta.
3. How long ago did David's father go to the village?
(a) 6 days ago.
(b) 3 days ago.
(c) 9 days ago.
(d) 12 days ago.
4. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) West Chelm.
(b) Chelm Proper.
(c) East Chelm.
(d) Northwest Chelm.
5. What does Mrs. Shlemiel make for Hanukkah?
(a) Caramel scones.
(b) Chocolate muffins.
(c) Sweet bread.
(d) A jar of jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
2. How does Lemel kill the duck Yenta gave him?
3. What is the last gift Yenta gives Lemel?
4. Who does the devil send to do what David asked of him?
5. What does David threaten to do if the devil does not do what David asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shlemiel not drink water from the well after eating the jam?
2. What helps David get back to his house?
3. What does David demand of the devil when his tail is caught in the door?
4. How does David feel while he is out in the storm?
5. What three things does Mrs. Shlemiel ask of her husband before she leaves for the market?
6. What surprising questions does an Elder ask after Lemel and Yenta have a baby?
7. How does the rooster get out of the house?
8. What is the first gift given to Lemel by Yenta, and what does he do with it?
9. What do the Elders tell Shmelkicha to do about her daughters' mixed up feet?
10. How does a jar of chicken fat rip and stain Lemel's coat?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)