|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Elders decide after hearing about Shlemiel's actions?
(a) Husbands should stay with their wives.
(b) Wives should not lie.
(c) Husbands should not be lazy.
(d) Babies should stay with their mothers.
2. Who was the first person to go looking for David's father?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's uncle.
(d) David's brother.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Mrs. Shlemiel tells her husband to do while she is gone?
(a) Watch the baby.
(b) Keep the rooster in the house.
(c) Fold the laundry.
(d) Don't eat the poison.
4. How long ago did David's father go to the village?
(a) 3 days ago.
(b) 9 days ago.
(c) 6 days ago.
(d) 12 days ago.
5. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
(a) Apple cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Elders tell Yenta to do to avoid more misfortunes with gifts to Lemel?
2. What does David do when the devil tries to get into his house?
3. How does the rooster get out of the house?
4. What does David threaten to do if the devil does not do what David asks?
5. What is the first gift Shlemel gives Lemel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
2. What is the last gift that Yenta gives Lemel, and what does Lemel do with it?
3. What does David demand of the devil when his tail is caught in the door?
4. What do the Elders tell Shmelkicha to do about her daughters' mixed up feet?
5. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
6. What helps David get back to his house?
7. How does the rooster get out of the house?
8. What happens as David returns to his house?
9. How does the story "The Devil's Trick" begin?
10. What do the Elders say when they hear about what happened at Shlemiel's house?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)