|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lemel put his second gift from Shlemel?
(a) In a purse.
(b) In his coat pocket.
(c) In the hay.
(d) Under his bed.
2. What does David use to hurt the devil before releasing him?
(a) A penknife.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) The Hanukkah candle.
(d) A wooden spear.
3. Where was David's father?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the church.
(d) Captured by the devil.
4. What do the Elders decide after hearing about Shlemiel's actions?
(a) Husbands should not be lazy.
(b) Husbands should stay with their wives.
(c) Babies should stay with their mothers.
(d) Wives should not lie.
5. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
(a) A quarter of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) A few bites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shlemiel do to keep Shlemiel from eating the Hanukkah treat?
2. What do Shlemiel and his wife eat in his dream?
3. Who brings Mrs. Shlemiel another Hanukkah treat?
4. How is the baby injured after the rooster gets out of the house?
5. How did David find his way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
2. What surprising questions does an Elder ask after Lemel and Yenta have a baby?
3. What is the last gift that Yenta gives Lemel, and what does Lemel do with it?
4. Why does Shlemiel not drink water from the well after eating the jam?
5. How does a jar of chicken fat rip and stain Lemel's coat?
6. How long has David's father been missing, and why did he leave in the first place?
7. How does the rooster get out of the house?
8. What helps David get back to his house?
9. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
10. What happens as David returns to his house?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)