|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did David find his way home?
(a) The wind vane.
(b) The Hanukkah candle.
(c) His compass.
(d) The North Star.
2. How many children does Shlemiel have?
3. How long has the snowstorm by David's house lasted?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 12 days.
4. Who convinces Yenta to sign the marriage contract?
(b) The Elders.
(d) Her sister.
5. Who does the devil send to do what David asked of him?
(a) His wife.
(b) His servant.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's father do when he is brought home?
2. Where does Lemel put his first gift from Yenta?
3. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
4. How does David think his father got lost?
5. What does Shmelkicha do when she sees why her daughters won't get out of bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shlemiel dream about while his wife is at the market?
2. What do the Elders suggest when they hear of Lemel's misfortune with all of his gifts?
3. How does the story "The Devil's Trick" begin?
4. What helps David get back to his house?
5. What is the last gift that Yenta gives Lemel, and what does Lemel do with it?
6. What does David do before releasing the devil's tail from his door?
7. How does Lemel lose the silver gulden given to him by Shmelka?
8. What do the Elders say when they hear about what happened at Shlemiel's house?
9. How does a jar of chicken fat rip and stain Lemel's coat?
10. How does David feel while he is out in the storm?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)