|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shmelkicha told to do about her daughters in bed?
(a) Tickle their feet.
(b) Feed them some broth.
(c) Cut their hair.
(d) Hit them with a stick.
2. Why is Lemel unable to sign the marriage contract at first?
(a) He has no pen.
(b) He cannot write.
(c) He does not love Yenta.
(d) He cannot read.
3. How much of the Hanukkah treat does Shlemiel eat?
(a) A few bites.
(b) All of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) A quarter of it.
4. Where does the Silly Bridegroom live?
(a) Northwest Chelm.
(b) West Chelm.
(c) East Chelm.
(d) Chelm Proper.
5. Why do Shmelka's daughters refuse to get out of bed one morning?
(a) They do not see the sun.
(b) Their feet are tangled.
(c) They are too tired.
(d) Their hair is all mixed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first gift Shlemel gives Lemel?
2. What does Shlemiel mean?
3. What part of the devil gets caught in the door?
4. What do the Elders tell Yenta to do to avoid more misfortunes with gifts to Lemel?
5. What does Shlemiel drink after eating the Hanukkah treat?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)