|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
(a) Hold dances.
(b) Sing songs.
(d) Take walks.
2. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(d) Hide and Seek.
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Shout it from the rooftops.
(b) Post a warning on the doors.
(c) Mail letters.
(d) Send a message.
4. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
(c) Eats some mush and bread.
(d) Goes to church.
5. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
2. What color is Atzel's hair?
3. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
4. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
5. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
2. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
3. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
4. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
5. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
6. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
9. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
10. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)