|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
(a) It sparkles in the starlight.
(b) A dog is seen eating it.
(c) It is hard.
(d) It looks fluffy.
4. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" entertain the children in the house?
(a) He told them stories.
(b) He drew a picture for them.
(c) He played jacks with them.
(d) He played dreidel with them.
5. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The house.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The dreidel and coins.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
2. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
3. What did Chelm need money for?
4. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
5. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
2. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
5. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
6. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
7. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
8. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
9. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
10. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)