|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
2. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
3. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(d) All Hallows Eve.
4. What color are Atzel's eyes?
5. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One night.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
2. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
3. What did Chelm need money for?
4. What is Grandmother's name?
5. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
2. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
3. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
4. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
5. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
6. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
7. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
8. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
9. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
10. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)