|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(b) A book.
(c) A fire.
2. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A home.
(b) A reflection.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A heart.
3. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Cast off his image of a man.
(b) Filled the house with a bright light.
(c) Called in his minions.
(d) Laughed heartily.
4. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
5. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(b) All Hallows Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Atzel feel during his funeral?
2. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
3. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
4. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
5. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
2. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
3. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
4. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
5. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
6. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
7. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
8. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
9. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
10. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)