|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The head fool.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The police.
(d) The doctor.
2. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Sing to him.
(d) Bury him.
3. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(a) A fire.
(d) A book.
4. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
5. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The house.
(b) The dreidel and coins.
(c) The children.
(d) The squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chelm need money for?
2. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
3. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
4. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What is Lekisch's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
2. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
3. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
4. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
5. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
6. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
9. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
10. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)