|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
(a) It looks fluffy.
(b) It is hard.
(c) It sparkles in the starlight.
(d) A dog is seen eating it.
2. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
3. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Fox fur.
(b) Bear hide.
(d) Wolf fur.
4. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Post a warning on the doors.
(b) Shout it from the rooftops.
(c) Send a message.
(d) Mail letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reported the missing moon?
2. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
3. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
4. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
5. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
2. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
3. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
4. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
5. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
6. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
7. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
8. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
9. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
10. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)