|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
2. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They saw the reflection in the water.
(b) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(c) They could not see the moon.
(d) Someone told them.
3. What is Grandmother's name?
4. What is the coat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
(a) Wolf fur.
(b) Fox fur.
(d) Bear hide.
5. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
2. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
3. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
4. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
5. What is Shmerel's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of young man is Atzel when he grows up?
2. What surprising questions does an Elder ask after Lemel and Yenta have a baby?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
5. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
6. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. How does Zlateh act as she is led to the road by Aaron?
8. What does Aaron do when he gets lost, and what happens?
9. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
10. What happens to the weather as Aaron leads Zlateh to the butcher?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)