|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(d) Hide and Seek.
2. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(a) A fire.
(d) A book.
3. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) A roar outside.
(c) A crash from the kitchen.
(d) A thunderclap.
4. Who does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" turn out to be?
(a) An angel.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) The devil.
(d) A demon.
5. According to the doctor, how long will it take to cure Atzel?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 16 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 8 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
2. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
3. What color is Atzel's hair?
4. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
5. Who told Atzel about paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
2. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
3. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
4. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
5. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
6. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
8. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
9. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
10. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)