|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the orphan girl come to live with Atzel?
(a) Her parents died.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is traveling through town.
(d) She is hired as a housekeeper.
2. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
3. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(a) Hide and Seek.
4. Who reported the missing moon?
(a) The owner of the barrel.
(b) The Elders.
(c) A father of ten.
(d) A small child.
5. What does Gronam think the snow is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
2. What is Chelm full of?
3. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
4. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
5. What does Atzel do when he returns from the false paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do before releasing the devil's tail from his door?
2. What three things does Mrs. Shlemiel ask of her husband before she leaves for the market?
3. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
4. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
5. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
6. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
7. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
8. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
9. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
10. How does Zlateh act as she is led to the road by Aaron?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)