|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
2. What is Grandmother's name?
3. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They saw the reflection in the water.
(b) Someone told them.
(c) They could not see the moon.
(d) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
4. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
5. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
4. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
5. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
2. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
3. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
4. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
5. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
6. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
7. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
8. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
9. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
10. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)