Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
(a) It was smashed.
(b) It was nailed shut.
(c) It was locked away.
(d) It was emptied.
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Post a warning on the doors.
(b) Mail letters.
(c) Send a message.
(d) Shout it from the rooftops.
4. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
5. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Laughed heartily.
(b) Cast off his image of a man.
(c) Called in his minions.
(d) Filled the house with a bright light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
2. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
3. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
4. What is Grandmother's name?
5. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
2. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What does David decide to do when both of her parents are missing?
5. What helps David get back to his house?
6. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What is the first gift given to Lemel by Yenta, and what does he do with it?
9. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
10. How does the rooster get out of the house?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)