|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(b) Good natured.
2. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
3. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(c) Strings of beads.
4. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(a) All Hallows Eve.
5. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One night.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphan girl?
2. What color is the orphan girl's hair?
3. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
4. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
5. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
2. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
4. What kind of young man is Atzel when he grows up?
5. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
6. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
7. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
8. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
9. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
10. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)