|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The head fool.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The Elders.
(d) The police.
2. What game are Grandmother's grandchildren playing at the beginning of this story?
(a) Hide and Seek.
3. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
4. Who were the leaders in Chelm?
(a) The priests.
(b) The Elders.
(c) The police.
(d) The sheriff and his deputies.
5. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
(c) Something to do.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vanishes with the strange man?
2. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
3. What does Atzel think he has to do to get to paradise?
4. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
5. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mrs. Shlemiel tell her husband, and how does she justify herself?
2. What wakes Shlemiel up while his wife is away, and what does he do?
3. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
4. Why does Shlemiel not drink water from the well after eating the jam?
5. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
6. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
7. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
8. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
9. How does Reuven's family react when they hear Reuven is selling the goat?
10. How long has David's father been missing, and why did he leave in the first place?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)