|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
2. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
(a) A candle.
(b) A dreidel.
(c) A star.
(d) A top.
3. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
(a) Why don't you hire a new son?
(b) How did your poor son die?
(c) Where is the family graveyard?
(d) Why do you keep a dead boy in your house?
4. What symbol keeps appearing for the strange man in Grandmother's story while he is entertaining the children?
5. What is Atzel's main attribute when he grows up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gronam think the snow is?
2. What is the hat made of that belonged to the strange man in Grandmother's tale?
3. What is Gronam's title?
4. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What is Gimpel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
2. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
4. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
5. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
6. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
7. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
8. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
9. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
10. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)