|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel do during his funeral?
2. What is the first thing Atzel asks for when he wakes up in the paradise room?
(a) A book.
(c) A fire.
3. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The house.
(b) The children.
(c) The dreidel and coins.
(d) The squirrels.
4. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
(a) He took the wrong fork in the road.
(b) He lost his map.
(c) He lost his way in the storm.
(d) He followed a large deer off his trail.
5. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They could not see the moon.
(b) They saw the reflection in the water.
(c) Someone told them.
(d) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chelm need money for?
2. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
3. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
4. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
5. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
2. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
3. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
4. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
5. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
6. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
8. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
9. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
10. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)