|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the older man hang from the walls in the room that is made to look like paradise?
(a) White sheets.
(c) Strings of beads.
2. What vanishes with the strange man?
(a) The house.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The children.
(d) The dreidel and coins.
3. What is kept burning in the room made to look like paradise?
(a) A fire.
(d) Pine boughs.
4. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(b) The afterlife.
5. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
(a) Rich food.
(b) Fresh food.
(c) Meaty food.
(d) Hearty food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the leaders in Chelm not want the people to do one of the things they highly enjoy?
2. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
3. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
4. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
5. What does Atzel notice about the food in paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
2. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
3. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
4. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
5. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
6. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
8. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
9. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
10. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)