|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the strange man from "Grandmother's Tale" feel as he entertained the children?
(b) Good natured.
2. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
3. What does Gronam think the snow is?
4. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
(a) A candle.
(b) A dreidel.
(c) A top.
(d) A star.
5. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One night.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
2. What do the people in Chelm like to do?
3. What vanishes with the strange man?
4. Who told Atzel about paradise?
5. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
2. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
4. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
5. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
6. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
7. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
8. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
9. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
10. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)