|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) Another harvest of snow.
(b) Some chests to hold the snow.
(c) A season's worth of seed.
(d) A goose with golden eggs.
2. What color are Atzel's eyes?
3. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
(a) Time was slowing down.
(b) The house was getting smaller.
(c) The animals were agitated.
(d) They were getting strangely sleepy.
4. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
5. What is the first thing the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Sing to him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Slap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" lose as he entertains the children?
2. What color are the orphan girl's eyes?
3. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
4. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
5. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do first when he entered the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
2. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
3. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
4. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
5. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
6. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
7. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
8. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
9. Who is invited as a special guest to Atzel's wedding and why?
10. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)