|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chelm full of?
2. What is Gimpel's occupation?
(b) Potato peeler.
(c) Errand boy.
3. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
4. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
5. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
(a) Post a warning on the doors.
(b) Mail letters.
(c) Send a message.
(d) Shout it from the rooftops.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Atzel feel during his funeral?
2. What is Shmerel's title?
3. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
4. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What does Atzel notice about the food in paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
2. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
3. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
4. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
5. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
6. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
7. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
8. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
9. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
10. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)