|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atzel think people in paradise never do?
2. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The head fool.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The police.
3. How are Atzel and the older man in the first story related?
(a) Atzel is his nephew.
(b) Atzel is his son.
(c) Atzel is his cousin.
(d) Atzel is his grandson.
4. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
5. What is Lekisch's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmother promise her grandchildren the next night?
2. What does Atzel ask for when he hears what the doctor tells the older man to do to cure Atzel?
3. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
4. What was done with the barrel that supposedly held the moon?
5. How were the leaders of Chelm chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
2. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
3. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
4. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
5. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
6. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
7. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
8. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
9. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
10. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)