|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the children realize who the strange man in their house was?
(b) 12:30 am.
2. How long does the strange man in Grandmother's tale ask to stay at the house?
(a) One week.
(b) One night.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two nights.
3. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A few minutes more to play.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A story.
(d) A hug.
4. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(d) The afterlife.
5. How does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" say he got lost?
(a) He lost his way in the storm.
(b) He took the wrong fork in the road.
(c) He followed a large deer off his trail.
(d) He lost his map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men formed the leaders of Chelm?
2. What is the name of the doctor who says he can cure Atzel?
3. What night did it snow in Chelm?
4. What do the doctors pronounce Atzel to be when he wants to go to paradise?
5. What is Gimpel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
2. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
3. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
4. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
5. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
6. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
7. What does Dr. Yoetz see when he first checks on Atzel inside Kadish's house?
8. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
9. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
10. What did the strange man who appeared in "Grandmother's Tale" look like?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)