|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A heart.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A home.
(d) A reflection.
2. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
3. What is Grandmother's name?
4. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) A season's worth of seed.
(b) Another harvest of snow.
(c) A goose with golden eggs.
(d) Some chests to hold the snow.
5. What is there NOT included in the room made to look like paradise?
(a) Something to do.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the children in Grandmother's tale from playing their game?
2. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
3. What do Atzel and the orphan girl pretend to be when they were children?
4. What did Chelm need money for?
5. What color are Atzel's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of young man is Atzel when he grows up?
2. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
3. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
4. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
5. What came into the house as the strange man called out after his real identity was revealed?
6. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
7. What happens to Atzel's life after his time in paradise?
8. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
9. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
10. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)