|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What does Tudras want to buy with the money from the snow?
(a) Another harvest of snow.
(b) Some chests to hold the snow.
(c) A goose with golden eggs.
(d) A season's worth of seed.
4. What color is Atzel's hair?
5. During what holiday does Grandmother's story take?
(c) All Hallows Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures appear as the strange man spins around in the house?
2. Who reported the missing moon?
3. How do the leaders decide to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
4. What is Gronam's title?
5. What does the children notice while they are being entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
2. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
3. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
4. How does "Grandmother's Tale" begin?
5. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
6. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
7. How does Atzel feel when he is told it is not time for him to go to paradise?
8. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
9. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
10. What do the Elders decide to do during the next snow after seeing what happened?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)