|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the older man in the first story?
2. What does strange man do when the children realize who he is?
(a) Cast off his image of a man.
(b) Laughed heartily.
(c) Called in his minions.
(d) Filled the house with a bright light.
3. Why did someone in Chelm think the moon fell in a barrel?
(a) They could not see the moon.
(b) They saw the moon go down behind the barrel.
(c) They saw the reflection in the water.
(d) Someone told them.
4. What do the children request of Grandmother before they go to bed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A few minutes more to play.
(c) A hug.
(d) A story.
5. What is Grandmother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Atzel think people in paradise eat?
2. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
3. What color are Atzel's eyes?
4. How does Atzel feel during his funeral?
5. How many sons does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Atzel come to wish he were dead?
2. What do the Elders see in the morning after Gimpel has delivered the message?
3. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
4. What do the children ask of their grandmother at the beginning of "Grandmother's Tale"?
5. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
6. What do Tudras and Lekisch want to buy with the fortune from the snow?
7. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
8. What does Atzel do on his first days in paradise, and how does he feel about this?
9. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
10. Why did the children keep playing with the strange man after they noticed something strange happening?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)