|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gronam think the snow is something aside from snow?
(a) It sparkles in the starlight.
(b) It looks fluffy.
(c) It is hard.
(d) A dog is seen eating it.
2. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A home.
(b) A reflection.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A heart.
3. What is Lekisch's title?
4. What word does Grandmother use to describe the children in her story?
5. Who reported the missing moon?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The owner of the barrel.
(c) A small child.
(d) A father of ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol keeps appearing for the children as they are entertained by the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale"?
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What does the strange man look like as he spins around in the house?
4. How many children does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
5. What is the name of the orphan girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" do when he came into the house?
2. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
3. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
4. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
5. What strange thing did the children notice while the strange man was playing with them?
6. What did the strange man do after the children realized who he really was?
7. Who is called to carry Gimpel to deliver the message about staying in their houses?
8. What happened to show the children who the strange man really was?
9. How does Atzel feel during his own funeral?
10. Why were the Elders chosen to rule the town of Chelm?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)