|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Atzel he will receive when he starts curing Atzel?
(c) The afterlife.
2. How many men are called to carry the messenger?
3. What does Atzel cease doing when he wants to go to paradise?
4. Who was called when the moon was not found in the barrel later in the day?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The head fool.
(c) The police.
(d) The doctor.
5. What does the strange man in "Grandmother's Tale" NOT have?
(a) A heart.
(b) A reflection.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does the father in "Grandmother's Tale" have?
2. What is the name of the orphan girl?
3. Who has the idea to tell the people of Chelm to stay in their houses?
4. What is the first question the doctor asks the older man when he starts to cure Atzel?
5. What does Gronam want to do with the snow in Chelm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did someone think the moon fell in a barrel?
2. What is the rhyme at the end of "Grandmother's Tale"?
3. What does Gronam notice about the Hanukkah snow?
4. What does Atzel do the minute he is released from paradise?
5. How do the Elders decide to tell the people not to trample the snow?
6. What does David demand of the devil when his tail is caught in the door?
7. What happens to the weather as Aaron leads Zlateh to the butcher?
8. How does the story "The Devil's Trick" begin?
9. What is the last gift that Yenta gives Lemel, and what does Lemel do with it?
10. What causes Atzel to change his ideas while he is in paradise?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)