|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Mommy and Aunite Ivanka going to see about a Slovenian convoy?
2. Who was taking Nedo's leaving the worst?
3. What organization was Gordana Trebinjac from?
4. What did Filipovic draw a heart with on February 25. 1993?
5. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Filipovic observed as she rode to the airport?
2. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
3. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
4. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
5. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
6. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
7. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
8. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
9. What illustration or story did Filipovic share at the promotion of her diary at Cafe Jez?
10. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 2
Journalists from around the world began visiting Filipovic on a consistent basis in July of 1993.
Part 1) What role did the journalists play in getting the story of the people of Sarajevo to the world? Did the journalists convince world leaders to get involved in the peacekeeping mission?
Part 2) Explain the role of ABC News. Why were they important to Filipovic and her story?
Part 3) Explain the role of Alexandra and other French journalists.
Essay Topic 3
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)