|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Nedo and his girlfriend on May 25, 1993?
2. Who was married on August 26, 1993?
3. What organization was Gordana Trebinjac from?
4. What Haris and Enes make a grave out of?
5. What did Filipovic's mom give Braco's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Kenan hospitalized on August 21, 1993?
2. Why did Filipovich stop writing in her diary about the war and shooting?
3. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
4. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
5. What was one of the problems facing Sarajevo authorities in keeping the electricity on in August of 1993?
6. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
7. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
8. How did Filipovic describe Paris in December of 1993?
9. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
10. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
Essay Topic 2
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 3
Zlata's Filipovic's diary nicknamed "Mimmy" was published as a child's diary focused on the war in Sarajevo. The diary was published during UNICEF week. Compare Zlata's Diary and The Diary of Anne Frank.
Part 1) How are the diaries similar?
Part 2) How are the diaries different?
Part 3) Filipovic suggested in a diary entry dated August 2, 1993 that she did not want to suffer the same fate as Anne Frank. What did she mean by that statement?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)