|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovic's friends and family nickname the sniper?
2. Where was a historic meeting going on hoping to bring peace?
3. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
4. Where were Nedo and his girlfriend on May 25, 1993?
5. What did Melica give Filipovic's family for a New Year's present?
Short Essay Questions
1. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
2. What was constant in the minds of Mikica and Daco in December of 1992?
3. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
4. What did Nedo do in Split?
5. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
6. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
7. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
8. How did Filipovic feel about school in September 1993?
9. Describe Christmas 1992 at Auntie Radmila's.
10. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
Essay Topic 3
The city of Otes was being bombarded by shells and was being destroyed. Otes suffered severe damage, and the Filipovics had several friends that lived in the city.
Part 1) Who lived in Otes? Were they able to escape the carnage?
Part 2) Describe the destruction to the city of Otes.
Part 3) How did the people that escaped adjust to being refugees in Sarajevo?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)