|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was seriously ill and hospitalized in March of 1993?
2. Who was waiting for Filipovic at the TF1 building in December of 1993?
3. What did Zika bring Filipovic on September 5, 1993?
4. Whose birthday was celebrated on June 1, 1993?
5. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
2. What was constant in the minds of Mikica and Daco in December of 1992?
3. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
4. Why was Kenan hospitalized on August 21, 1993?
5. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
6. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
7. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
8. How did Filipovic feel about school in September 1993?
9. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
10. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 2
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)