|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
2. Who did Filipovic say wanted to destroy them?
3. How was a man wounded on the bridge on September 4, 1993?
4. Which city were the "three warring sides" attempting to reach an agreement?
5. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
2. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
3. What groups of people were involved in the politics of Bosnia?
4. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
5. Why did Filipovich stop writing in her diary about the war and shooting?
6. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
7. What did Nedo do in Split?
8. Describe what the war destroyed according to Filipovic on March 15, 1993.
9. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
10. Describe what Filipovic observed as she rode to the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
Essay Topic 2
In an entry dated November 19, 1992, Filipovic discussed the "kids" and the politics that was tearing the country of Bosnia apart.
Part 1) Who were the "kids"? Why did Filipovic use "kids" to describe them?
Part 2) Explain Filipovic's view on politics. How did she explain the political situation concerning her friends?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)