|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
2. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
3. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
4. Who was married on August 26, 1993?
5. How many suitcases did Filipovic pack to take with her when she left Sarajevo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Filipovic describe Paris in December of 1993?
2. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
3. Describe the changes that took place as Filipovic started seventh grade.
4. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
5. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
6. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
7. Describe Christmas 1992 at Auntie Radmila's.
8. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
9. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
10. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
Essay Topic 2
In an entry dated November 19, 1992, Filipovic discussed the "kids" and the politics that was tearing the country of Bosnia apart.
Part 1) Who were the "kids"? Why did Filipovic use "kids" to describe them?
Part 2) Explain Filipovic's view on politics. How did she explain the political situation concerning her friends?
Essay Topic 3
Zlata Filipovic lived a normal life previous to the war in Bosnia. Filipovic's life changed when the first bullets and shells were fired. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life and her life during the war.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)