|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Braco's aunt?
2. What was in the flowerpot that Auntie Radmila brought Filipovic in July 1993?
3. Who taught history and geography in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
4. Who taught physics in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
5. What city did Filipovic visit in December of 1993?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
2. Why was Kenan hospitalized on August 21, 1993?
3. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
4. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
5. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
6. What did Nedo do in Split?
7. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
8. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
9. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
10. Describe what the war destroyed according to Filipovic on March 15, 1993.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an entry dated November 19, 1992, Filipovic discussed the "kids" and the politics that was tearing the country of Bosnia apart.
Part 1) Who were the "kids"? Why did Filipovic use "kids" to describe them?
Part 2) Explain Filipovic's view on politics. How did she explain the political situation concerning her friends?
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic took school seriously and often complained when school was not in session. When school was canceled due to the war, Filipovic searched for ways to continue her education despite the war that continued.
Part 1) How did Filipovic learn when school was not in session?
Part 2) What was Filipovic's favorite subject in school?
Part 3) Who often visited Filipovic's house to teach when school was closed due to the dangers in the streets of Sarajevo?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic describes the war in her diary using capital letters to describe the feelings he had on May 13 and 27 and June 29 and December 28 of 1992.
Part 1) Why did Filipovic use capital letters in some of her journal entry?
Part 2) What words did she use to describe the events?
Part 3) Why do you believe Filipovic chose the words she used?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)