|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died on April 25, 1993?
2. Who taught physics in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
3. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
4. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
5. On March 27, 1993, Filipovic had two journalists visit her. Which country were they from?
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic lived a typical childhood until the shells began to fall and the gunfire started. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life with her post-war life discussed in the entry dated December 1993.
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
Essay Topic 3
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)