|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Janine, a journalist from a Canadian TV crew bring Filipovic in gym class?
2. Filipovic said that what "are the greatest treasure, the greatest friend one has"?
3. According to Filipovich, what was destroying her childhood and destroying her parents lives?
4. Who did Filipovic receive a letter from on February 25, 1993?
5. What color was the puppy that came to Alma and Dado's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
2. What was constant in the minds of Mikica and Daco in December of 1992?
3. Why did Filipovich stop writing in her diary about the war and shooting?
4. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
5. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
6. Describe what the war destroyed according to Filipovic on March 15, 1993.
7. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
8. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
9. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic discussed that "life was disappearing" in an entry dated March 19, 1993.
Part 1) What did Filipovic mean by the statement that "life was disappearing"?
Part 2) What examples did Filipovic give to back up her statement?
Essay Topic 2
Zlata Filipovic lived a normal life previous to the war in Bosnia. Filipovic's life changed when the first bullets and shells were fired. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life and her life during the war.
Essay Topic 3
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)