|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who left Sarajevo on August 27, 1993?
2. Who stayed at the house with Filipovic when her mom went to get water on January 1, 1993?
3. Who died on April 8, 1993?
4. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
5. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. How did Filipovic feel about school in September 1993?
3. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
4. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
5. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
6. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
7. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
8. What did Nedo do in Split?
9. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
10. Describe what Filipovic observed as she rode to the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
Essay Topic 2
The city of Otes was being bombarded by shells and was being destroyed. Otes suffered severe damage, and the Filipovics had several friends that lived in the city.
Part 1) Who lived in Otes? Were they able to escape the carnage?
Part 2) Describe the destruction to the city of Otes.
Part 3) How did the people that escaped adjust to being refugees in Sarajevo?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)