|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zika bring Filipovic on September 5, 1993?
2. Who was seriously ill and hospitalized in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic draw a heart with on February 25. 1993?
4. Who was waiting for Filipovic at the TF1 building in December of 1993?
5. Where was Filipovic after Samra's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the war destroyed according to Filipovic on March 15, 1993.
2. Describe Christmas 1992 at Auntie Radmila's.
3. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
4. What was one of the problems facing Sarajevo authorities in keeping the electricity on in August of 1993?
5. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
6. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
7. What did Nedo do in Split?
8. How did Filipovic describe Paris in December of 1993?
9. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
10. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic discussed that "life was disappearing" in an entry dated March 19, 1993.
Part 1) What did Filipovic mean by the statement that "life was disappearing"?
Part 2) What examples did Filipovic give to back up her statement?
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
Essay Topic 3
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)