|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
2. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
3. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
4. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
5. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the violence in Sarajevo as described by Filipovic in March of 1992.
2. Why did Filipovic's father come back from Zenica upset?
3. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
4. How did the Filipovics find their apartment when a shell fell nearby?
5. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
6. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
7. What did Melica say she heard at the hairdresser's?
8. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
9. According to Filipovic's entry dated October 4, 1992, describe Mirna.
10. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
War is a horrible event to live through. The constant shelling, gunfire, and fearing for your life becomes part of everyday life.
Part 1) Explain Filipovic's change in morale from when the war started and as the war continued.
Part 2) Describe the effects war had on Filipovic's immediate and distant family.
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic discussed that "life was disappearing" in an entry dated March 19, 1993.
Part 1) What did Filipovic mean by the statement that "life was disappearing"?
Part 2) What examples did Filipovic give to back up her statement?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic lived a typical childhood until the shells began to fall and the gunfire started. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life with her post-war life discussed in the entry dated December 1993.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)