|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
2. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
3. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
5. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
2. Why did Filipovic want to see Mirna on May 13?
3. Who was the war hardest on according to Auntie Ivanka?
4. Describe the violence in Sarajevo as described by Filipovic in March of 1992.
5. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
6. What did Filipovic discuss as she walked across the bridge and around the post office on September 20, 1992?
7. Describe life in the cellar during the shelling and shooting in Sarajevo.
8. What happened at the park on May 7, 1992?
9. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
10. According to Filipovic's entry dated October 4, 1992, describe Mirna.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several governmental and non governmental organizations deployed to Sarajevo and surrounding areas to assist in the humanitarian effort.
Part 1) Describe the role of UNICEF in Sarajevo.
Part 2) What was the role of UNPROFOR? How were their efforts often slowed down?
Essay Topic 2
War is a horrible event to live through. The constant shelling, gunfire, and fearing for your life becomes part of everyday life.
Part 1) Explain Filipovic's change in morale from when the war started and as the war continued.
Part 2) Describe the effects war had on Filipovic's immediate and distant family.
Essay Topic 3
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)