|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
2. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
3. Where was the 150 year old house that Zlata's mom and dad restored?
4. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
5. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
2. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
3. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
4. What did Filipovic discuss as she walked across the bridge and around the post office on September 20, 1992?
5. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
6. Why was Filipovic's mother upset on May 13, 1992?
7. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
8. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
9. Who was the war hardest on according to Auntie Ivanka?
10. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic describes the war in her diary using capital letters to describe the feelings he had on May 13 and 27 and June 29 and December 28 of 1992.
Part 1) Why did Filipovic use capital letters in some of her journal entry?
Part 2) What words did she use to describe the events?
Part 3) Why do you believe Filipovic chose the words she used?
Essay Topic 2
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)