Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
6. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
7. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
8. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
9. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
Zlata Filipovic lived a normal life previous to the war in Bosnia. Filipovic's life changed when the first bullets and shells were fired. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life and her life during the war.
Filipovic lived a typical childhood until the shells began to fall and the gunfire started. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life with her post-war life discussed in the entry dated December 1993.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)