|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
2. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
3. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
4. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
5. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
2. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
3. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
4. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
5. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
6. What did Filipovic discuss as she walked across the bridge and around the post office on September 20, 1992?
7. What did Filipovic think about the kitten Cici?
8. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
9. Why did Filipovic's father come back from Zenica upset?
10. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several governmental and non governmental organizations deployed to Sarajevo and surrounding areas to assist in the humanitarian effort.
Part 1) Describe the role of UNICEF in Sarajevo.
Part 2) What was the role of UNPROFOR? How were their efforts often slowed down?
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic lived a typical childhood until the shells began to fall and the gunfire started. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life with her post-war life discussed in the entry dated December 1993.
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)