Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
6. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
7. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
8. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
9. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
Essay Topic 1
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
Essay Topic 3
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)