|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
6. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
7. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
8. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
9. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
Essay Topic 1
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 2
In an entry dated November 19, 1992, Filipovic discussed the "kids" and the politics that was tearing the country of Bosnia apart.
Part 1) Who were the "kids"? Why did Filipovic use "kids" to describe them?
Part 2) Explain Filipovic's view on politics. How did she explain the political situation concerning her friends?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic took school seriously and often complained when school was not in session. When school was canceled due to the war, Filipovic searched for ways to continue her education despite the war that continued.
Part 1) How did Filipovic learn when school was not in session?
Part 2) What was Filipovic's favorite subject in school?
Part 3) Who often visited Filipovic's house to teach when school was closed due to the dangers in the streets of Sarajevo?
This section contains 1,756 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)