|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
2. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
3. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
4. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
5. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
2. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
3. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
4. What did Filipovic think about the kitten Cici?
5. How did the Filipovics find their apartment when a shell fell nearby?
6. What illustration or story did Filipovic share at the promotion of her diary at Cafe Jez?
7. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
8. How did Filipovic describe Paris in December of 1993?
9. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
10. What was one of the problems facing Sarajevo authorities in keeping the electricity on in August of 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Journalists from around the world began visiting Filipovic on a consistent basis in July of 1993.
Part 1) What role did the journalists play in getting the story of the people of Sarajevo to the world? Did the journalists convince world leaders to get involved in the peacekeeping mission?
Part 2) Explain the role of ABC News. Why were they important to Filipovic and her story?
Part 3) Explain the role of Alexandra and other French journalists.
Essay Topic 2
Filipovic lived a typical childhood until the shells began to fall and the gunfire started. Compare Filipovic's pre-war life with her post-war life discussed in the entry dated December 1993.
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic discussed that "life was disappearing" in an entry dated March 19, 1993.
Part 1) What did Filipovic mean by the statement that "life was disappearing"?
Part 2) What examples did Filipovic give to back up her statement?
This section contains 1,735 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)