|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
2. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
3. What group did Zlata get moved up to in tennis?
4. What day of the week did Mirna plan on visiting at Filipovic's house?
5. Who lost their life in the attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
2. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
3. What did Filipovic think about the kitten Cici?
4. Why was Filipovic's mother upset on May 13, 1992?
5. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
6. What happened at the park on May 7, 1992?
7. How did the Filipovics find their apartment when a shell fell nearby?
8. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
9. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
10. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic was re-reading letters that she received from friends that left Sarajevo. Filipovic wrote that she wanted her life back not just letters.
Part 1) How do each of the letters Filipovic received discuss the past?
Part 2) What effect do the letters have on Filipovic's morale? Explain.
Part 3) What do the letters reveal about Filipovic's relationship with each of those that sent letters?
Essay Topic 2
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
Essay Topic 3
In an entry dated November 19, 1992, Filipovic discussed the "kids" and the politics that was tearing the country of Bosnia apart.
Part 1) Who were the "kids"? Why did Filipovic use "kids" to describe them?
Part 2) Explain Filipovic's view on politics. How did she explain the political situation concerning her friends?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)