Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
6. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
7. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
8. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
9. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
Filipovic took school seriously and often complained when school was not in session. When school was canceled due to the war, Filipovic searched for ways to continue her education despite the war that continued.
Part 1) How did Filipovic learn when school was not in session?
Part 2) What was Filipovic's favorite subject in school?
Part 3) Who often visited Filipovic's house to teach when school was closed due to the dangers in the streets of Sarajevo?
On October 13, 1993, Filipovic received a letter from Oga. The letter discussed memories of pre-war life. Compare Oga's letter with Filipovic's first diary entries beginning with September 2, 1991 to October 13, 1991.
Journalists from around the world began visiting Filipovic on a consistent basis in July of 1993.
Part 1) What role did the journalists play in getting the story of the people of Sarajevo to the world? Did the journalists convince world leaders to get involved in the peacekeeping mission?
Part 2) Explain the role of ABC News. Why were they important to Filipovic and her story?
Part 3) Explain the role of Alexandra and other French journalists.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)