|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
2. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
3. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
4. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
5. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Filipovic's entry dated October 4, 1992, describe Mirna.
2. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
3. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
4. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
5. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
6. Describe life in the cellar during the shelling and shooting in Sarajevo.
7. Why was Filipovic upset on October 19, 1991?
8. Describe Filipovic's Christmas in December of 1991.
9. Who was the war hardest on according to Auntie Ivanka?
10. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 2
Several governmental and non governmental organizations deployed to Sarajevo and surrounding areas to assist in the humanitarian effort.
Part 1) Describe the role of UNICEF in Sarajevo.
Part 2) What was the role of UNPROFOR? How were their efforts often slowed down?
Essay Topic 3
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)