|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
2. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
3. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
4. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
5. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
2. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
3. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
4. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
5. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
6. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
7. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
8. What did Filipovic discuss as she walked across the bridge and around the post office on September 20, 1992?
9. What did Melica say she heard at the hairdresser's?
10. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several governmental and non governmental organizations deployed to Sarajevo and surrounding areas to assist in the humanitarian effort.
Part 1) Describe the role of UNICEF in Sarajevo.
Part 2) What was the role of UNPROFOR? How were their efforts often slowed down?
Essay Topic 2
Christmas was a very important time for Filipovic, her family, and her friends. Filipovic recorded two entries that focused on Christmas. Compare the Christmas of 1991 and 1992.
Part 1) Where were the Christmas celebrations held? Who attended the Christmas celebrations?
Part 2) Which group provided gifts for the children? Who organized the event?
Part 3) Explain Filipovic's reaction to the events taking place during Christmas.
Essay Topic 3
The war was very emotional for Filipovic's mother. Filipovic's mother suffered several illnesses.
Part 1) After her mother became sick, Filipovic had added responsibilities. Discuss Filipovic's additional responsibilities.
Part 2) Filipovic's mother had several friends and family members killed from the shelling and shooting. How did this affect her mother's morale as the war continued.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)