|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did Mirna plan on visiting at Filipovic's house?
2. Now that most of her closest friends moved away, who are Filipovic's best friends?
3. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
4. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
5. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic think about the kitten Cici?
2. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
3. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
4. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
5. According to Filipovic's entry dated October 4, 1992, describe Mirna.
6. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
7. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
8. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
9. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
10. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several governmental and non governmental organizations deployed to Sarajevo and surrounding areas to assist in the humanitarian effort.
Part 1) Describe the role of UNICEF in Sarajevo.
Part 2) What was the role of UNPROFOR? How were their efforts often slowed down?
Essay Topic 2
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 3
The city of Otes was being bombarded by shells and was being destroyed. Otes suffered severe damage, and the Filipovics had several friends that lived in the city.
Part 1) Who lived in Otes? Were they able to escape the carnage?
Part 2) Describe the destruction to the city of Otes.
Part 3) How did the people that escaped adjust to being refugees in Sarajevo?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)