|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
2. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
3. Who lost their life in the attack?
4. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
5. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
2. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
3. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
4. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
5. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
6. Describe Filipovic's Christmas in December of 1991.
7. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
8. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
9. Describe life in the cellar during the shelling and shooting in Sarajevo.
10. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christmas was a very important time for Filipovic, her family, and her friends. Filipovic recorded two entries that focused on Christmas. Compare the Christmas of 1991 and 1992.
Part 1) Where were the Christmas celebrations held? Who attended the Christmas celebrations?
Part 2) Which group provided gifts for the children? Who organized the event?
Part 3) Explain Filipovic's reaction to the events taking place during Christmas.
Essay Topic 2
The weather was cold and snowy in January of 1993. Filipovic began to think about past winters. Her family and friends often went to Crnotina and Mount Jahorina to get away from the city.
Part 1) Describe the winter of 1993. How did it compare to the winters before the war?
Part 2) Discuss Jahorina. What did the children do there?
Part 3) Describe the Filipovic house at Crnotina before the war.
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic was able to escape Sarajevo and move to Paris. Filipovic described the city of Paris as she saw it outside the airplane window. Compare the cities of Sarajevo and Paris.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)