|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
2. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
3. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
4. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
5. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Filipovic want to see Mirna on May 13?
2. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
3. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
4. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
5. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
6. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
7. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
8. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
9. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
10. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic describes the war in her diary using capital letters to describe the feelings he had on May 13 and 27 and June 29 and December 28 of 1992.
Part 1) Why did Filipovic use capital letters in some of her journal entry?
Part 2) What words did she use to describe the events?
Part 3) Why do you believe Filipovic chose the words she used?
Essay Topic 2
Birthdays and weddings were great celebrations despite the war in Bosnia. Filipovic described several birthday celebrations she attended.
Part 1) How did the birthday parties help the mindset of those living in Bosnia during the war?
Part 2) What type of food was served at the birthday parties?
Part 3) How was Nedo's wedding celebrated by family and friends since he was married in Austria?
Essay Topic 3
Filipovic discussed several pets she had or shared with others during the war. Filipovic had a bird, cat, and dog at different times throughout the war.
Part 1) Describe the pets that Filipovic had during the war.
Part 2) Explain how pets were a comfort or therapeutic to Filipovic during stressful times during the war.
Part 3) How did Filipovic react to the death of her pets?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)