|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
2. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
3. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
4. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
5. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
2. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
3. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
4. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
5. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
6. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
7. Why did Filipovic's father come back from Zenica upset?
8. What happened at the park on May 7, 1992?
9. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
10. Why was Filipovic upset on October 19, 1991?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Filipovic was re-reading letters that she received from friends that left Sarajevo. Filipovic wrote that she wanted her life back not just letters.
Part 1) How do each of the letters Filipovic received discuss the past?
Part 2) What effect do the letters have on Filipovic's morale? Explain.
Part 3) What do the letters reveal about Filipovic's relationship with each of those that sent letters?
Essay Topic 2
War is a horrible event to live through. The constant shelling, gunfire, and fearing for your life becomes part of everyday life.
Part 1) Explain Filipovic's change in morale from when the war started and as the war continued.
Part 2) Describe the effects war had on Filipovic's immediate and distant family.
Essay Topic 3
Christmas was a very important time for Filipovic, her family, and her friends. Filipovic recorded two entries that focused on Christmas. Compare the Christmas of 1991 and 1992.
Part 1) Where were the Christmas celebrations held? Who attended the Christmas celebrations?
Part 2) Which group provided gifts for the children? Who organized the event?
Part 3) Explain Filipovic's reaction to the events taking place during Christmas.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)