|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Filipovic said that what "are the greatest treasure, the greatest friend one has"?
2. According to Filipovic, what was an "ash heap" in her entry dated December 25, 1992?
(a) The post office.
(b) the UNIS building.
(c) The old tobacco plant.
(d) The school.
3. What did Melica give Filipovic's family for a New Year's present?
(a) A jar of pickled carrots.
4. What grade was Filipovic starting in September of 1993?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
5. Where were Mommy and Aunite Ivanka going to see about a Slovenian convoy?
(a) The UN headquarters.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The bombed out post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovic say would brighten up her day on April 19, 1993?
2. Why were the children pushing and fighting on December 25, 1992?
3. How much weight had Filipovic's father lost since the war started?
4. What did Filipovic draw a heart with on February 25. 1993?
5. Which state was Filipovic's pen pal from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
2. How did Filipovic feel about school in September 1993?
3. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
4. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
5. What groups of people were involved in the politics of Bosnia?
6. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
7. What did Nedo do in Split?
8. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
9. What illustration or story did Filipovic share at the promotion of her diary at Cafe Jez?
10. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)