|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opened the bottle of champagne to celebrate the New Year?
2. Who was waiting for Filipovic at the TF1 building in December of 1993?
3. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
4. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) Shells falling.
(c) The sound of screeching wheels from water carts.
(d) Birds chirping.
5. Where was a historic meeting going on hoping to bring peace?
(a) The UN headquarters.
(b) The downtown community center.
(c) Zetra Hall.
(d) Sarajevo airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stayed at the house with Filipovic when her mom went to get water on January 1, 1993?
2. How many suitcases did Filipovic pack to take with her when she left Sarajevo?
3. How long did Filipovic spend in the shower/bathtub when arriving at the hotel?
4. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
5. What grade was Filipovic starting in September of 1993?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Filipovich stop writing in her diary about the war and shooting?
2. How did Filipovic feel about school in September 1993?
3. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
4. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
5. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
6. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
7. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
8. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
9. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
10. Describe Christmas 1992 at Auntie Radmila's.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)