|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday was celebrated on June 1, 1993?
2. What sea did the plane fly over as it left Bosnia and Herzegovina?
(a) North Sea.
(b) Adriatic Sea.
(c) Mediterranean Sea.
(d) Black Sea.
3. Why did Filipovic refer to Sarajevo as?
(a) A happy city.
(b) A growing city.
(c) A dead city.
(d) A sad city.
4. What school subject did Filipovic have to study that made her unhappy?
5. What did Zika bring Filipovic on September 5, 1993?
(a) An apple.
(b) An orange.
(c) A cherry.
(d) A peach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Filipovic leave her sled?
2. According to Filipovich, what was destroying her childhood and destroying her parents lives?
3. Why were the children pushing and fighting on December 25, 1992?
4. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
5. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illustration or story did Filipovic share at the promotion of her diary at Cafe Jez?
2. Describe Christmas 1992 at Auntie Radmila's.
3. What did Nedo do in Split?
4. Describe what Filipovic observed as she rode to the airport?
5. Explain Filipovic's feelings of sorrow and joy as she left Sarajevo.
6. How did Filipovic describe Paris in December of 1993?
7. Why was Kenan hospitalized on August 21, 1993?
8. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
9. Why did Filipovic visit Martina and Matea's room on April 19, 1993?
10. Describe the changes that took place as Filipovic started seventh grade.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)