|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization was Gordana Trebinjac from?
(a) International Peace Center.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Red Cross.
2. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
(c) Zlata Grabovac.
3. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
4. How was a man wounded on the bridge on September 4, 1993?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A roadside bomb.
(c) He tripped on the uneven pavement.
(d) A shell.
5. Who was seriously ill and hospitalized in March of 1993?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
2. Who was waiting for Filipovic at the TF1 building in December of 1993?
3. Which state was Filipovic's pen pal from?
4. Who was the French Defense Minister in December of 1993?
5. What letter is overused in the Bosnian language dictionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
2. What was constant in the minds of Mikica and Daco in December of 1992?
3. What was one of the problems facing Sarajevo authorities in keeping the electricity on in August of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Describe the changes that took place as Filipovic started seventh grade.
6. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
7. What did Auntie Radmila often surprise Filipovic with?
8. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
9. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
10. Explain Filipovic's father's condition after cutting wood on January 8, 1993.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)