|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Filipovic spend in the shower/bathtub when arriving at the hotel?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. Where was a historic meeting going on hoping to bring peace?
(a) Zetra Hall.
(b) The UN headquarters.
(c) The downtown community center.
(d) Sarajevo airport.
3. Who took Filipovic's picture standing next to the UNPROFOR building?
4. Who is Braco's aunt?
(a) Auntie Radmila.
(b) Auntie Biljana.
(c) Auntie Micika.
(d) Auntie Doda.
5. Why were the children pushing and fighting on December 25, 1992?
(a) To get in line for the school bus.
(b) The UN was giving out water.
(c) A medical mission was in Sarajevo to give medical aid.
(d) The UNPROFOR were handing out sweets and Christmas gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the puppy that came to Alma and Dado's?
2. Where were Mommy and Aunite Ivanka going to see about a Slovenian convoy?
3. What darted across Filipovic's floor on May 8, 1993?
4. Who was married on August 26, 1993?
5. What grade was Filipovic starting in September of 1993?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
2. Describe the changes that took place as Filipovic started seventh grade.
3. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
4. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
5. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
6. Describe what the war destroyed according to Filipovic on March 15, 1993.
7. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
8. What two pieces of bad news did Filipovic reveal on June 26, 1993?
9. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
10. What did Filipovic say the "lunatics in the hills" had stolen?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)