|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Filipovich give a necklace and bracelet to for her eighteenth birthday?
2. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(b) Her mom's photo album.
(c) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(d) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
3. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
4. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Goran Milic.
(b) Zdravko Grebo.
(c) Marshal Tito.
(d) Radonvan Karadzic.
5. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
2. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
3. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
4. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
5. Who moved to the Zvijezda tower blocks on October 26, 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Filipovic upset on October 19, 1991?
2. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
3. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
4. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
5. Describe Filipovic's Christmas in December of 1991.
6. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
7. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
8. Describe the violence in Sarajevo as described by Filipovic in March of 1992.
9. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
10. Describe life in the cellar during the shelling and shooting in Sarajevo.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)