|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
2. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The post office.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) The grocery store.
3. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
(d) Feast of the Unleavened.
4. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(b) Cloth Sheets.
5. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) The park.
(d) The attic and cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
2. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
3. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
4. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
5. What did "RFI" stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Filipovic's feelings on politics?
2. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
3. Describe Filipovic's Christmas in December of 1991.
4. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
5. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
6. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
7. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
8. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
9. Who was the war hardest on according to Auntie Ivanka?
10. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)