|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(a) Cloth Sheets.
2. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The house.
(b) The war.
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) The city.
3. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
(a) A brick that someone threw.
(b) A ball someone threw.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A shell.
4. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
5. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
(d) His paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
2. Who took Filipovich to summer school?
3. What was Filipovich's nickname?
4. What did "RFI" stand for?
5. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
2. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
3. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
4. How did the Filipovics find their apartment when a shell fell nearby?
5. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
6. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
7. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
8. Why was Filipovic upset on October 19, 1991?
9. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
10. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)