|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
(a) An old wood-burning stove.
(b) A trunk for of family memories.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Refugees from a neighboring village.
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
(a) A hernia.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A sprained ankle.
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(d) An American Publisher.
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
(b) Madonna's fan club.
(c) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(d) Nirvana's fan club.
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(a) Giving to others.
(b) Getting married.
(d) Graduating school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
2. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
3. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
4. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
5. Who lost their life in the attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Filipovic do at her first music lesson since March on December 28, 1992?
2. Why was Filipovic concerned about going back to school in March of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic say about the homeless in Sarajevo in April of 1993?
4. With the ringing in of the New Year, explain what the people of Sarajevo wanted in 1993?
5. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
6. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
7. Filipovic remembered the horrible shelling that took place on May 2, 1992. Describe what she remembered from that horrible day.
8. Describe Nedo's goodbye according to Filipovic.
9. What was "war" according to Filipovic?
10. What did Oga say in a letter about the houses in Jahorina?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)