|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The living room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The front yard.
2. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
(a) United Nations Peacekeepers.
(d) Army tanks.
3. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The quiet part of town.
(b) The old section of town.
(c) The section near the marketplace.
(d) The new section in town.
4. Where was summer school held?
(a) The bombed out school.
(b) The UN headquarters.
(c) The community center.
(d) In an open lot near the school.
5. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which music group was number one on the Dial MTV program in January of 1992?
2. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
3. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
4. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
5. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
2. What did Melica say she heard at the hairdresser's?
3. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
4. Describe Filipovic's feelings on the war after Mladjo was killed?
5. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
6. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
7. Describe Filipovic's Christmas in December of 1991.
8. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
9. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
10. Who was the war hardest on according to Auntie Ivanka?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)