|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A hernia.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A sprained wrist.
3. Who moved to the Zvijezda tower blocks on October 26, 1992?
(a) Mirna's family.
(b) Nedo's family.
(c) Lalo's family.
(d) Zoka's family.
4. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(a) Her mommy.
(c) Her daddy.
5. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
2. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
3. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
4. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
5. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
2. Why did Filipovic want to see Mirna on May 13?
3. Describe life in the cellar during the shelling and shooting in Sarajevo.
4. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
5. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
6. Describe Filipovic's grandparents reaction to see her four months after the war started.
7. What did Filipovic discuss as she walked across the bridge and around the post office on September 20, 1992?
8. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
9. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
10. What did Melica say she heard at the hairdresser's?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)