|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the only days when neighbors relaxed, spent time together, and cheered up?
2. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
3. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) In the house and cellar.
(d) At the UN headquarters.
4. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The war.
(b) The boredom of staying at home.
(c) The holiday on the seaside.
(d) The adventure of getting school supplies.
5. What city was the "real war" going on in October of 1991?
Short Answer Questions
1. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
2. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
3. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
4. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
5. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
2. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
3. How did the Filipovics find their apartment when a shell fell nearby?
4. According to Filipovic's entry dated October 4, 1992, describe Mirna.
5. What did Melica say she heard at the hairdresser's?
6. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
7. Why was Filipovic upset on October 19, 1991?
8. What happened at the park on May 7, 1992?
9. Describe Filipovic's responsibilities during her mother's illness in February of 1992.
10. How did Filipovic describe her life on June 29, 1992?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)