|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
(a) The side of the house that faces the hills.
(b) The side of the house facing the neighbor.
(c) The side of the house that faces the cellar.
(d) The side of the house that faces the city.
2. Where was the 150 year old house that Zlata's mom and dad restored?
3. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A shell.
(d) A soldier from the UN.
4. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Tito Street.
(b) Vaso Miskin Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Dubrovnik Ave.
5. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
(c) Her neighbor Alma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
2. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
3. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
4. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
5. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the park on May 7, 1992?
2. What were Filipovic's feelings on summer school in August of 1992?
3. What did Filipovic and her friends do when they visited Jahorina?
4. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
5. Describe the violence in Sarajevo as described by Filipovic in March of 1992.
6. How did schools finish the year in May of 1992?
7. How did Filipovic think people in the streets reacted to being in a war zone?
8. Why was Filipovic sad on November 25, 1992?
9. Describe Filipovic's parents property in Crnotina.
10. How were Filipovic's mother and father trying to reach Srdjan, who was stranded in Dubrovnik?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)