|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The war.
(b) The house.
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) The city.
2. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
(a) Seven in the evening.
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Two in the afternoon.
3. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The church.
(b) The post office.
(c) The school.
(d) The grocery store.
4. What day of the week did Mirna plan on visiting at Filipovic's house?
5. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
(a) Artists Rememberance Day.
(b) National Art Day.
(c) National Peace Day.
(d) Women's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
2. Who was killed by a shell that fell in front of the community center on September 15, 1992?
3. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
4. Where did mommy's Braco go?
5. What great symbol in Sarajevo burned up despite firefighters' effort to save it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did FIlipovic and her father react when the marketplace was shelled and Filipovic's mother was nearby?
2. What was one of the problems facing Sarajevo authorities in keeping the electricity on in August of 1993?
3. What did Filipovic think about the "conditional acceptance of the Geneva agreement"?
4. Why did Filipovic want to see Mirna on May 13?
5. What was Filipovic's life like on June 22, 1993?
6. Where did Filipovic and her friends spend their holidays?
7. Why did Filipovic's father come back from Zenica upset?
8. What did a UN Humanitarian Aid package contain?
9. Describe the shelling that took place on May 31, 1993.
10. What were the "kids" doing at a meeting on August 21, 1993?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)