|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zika bring Filipovic on September 5, 1993?
(a) An orange.
(b) A cherry.
(c) A peach.
(d) An apple.
2. Who is Braco's aunt?
(a) Auntie Radmila.
(b) Auntie Biljana.
(c) Auntie Micika.
(d) Auntie Doda.
3. Where did Filipovic leave her sled?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The school.
(c) The park.
4. What did Janine, a journalist from a Canadian TV crew bring Filipovic in gym class?
(a) A pepsi.
(b) Two chocolate bars.
(c) An orange.
(d) An apple.
5. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) Shells falling.
(c) The sound of screeching wheels from water carts.
(d) Gun shots.
6. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
(a) It was her birthday.
(b) It was Promotion Day for her diary that was published.
(c) It was graduation day.
(d) She won the lottery.
7. In August of 1993, where was Nedo?
8. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
9. Why did Filipovic refer to Sarajevo as?
(a) A growing city.
(b) A happy city.
(c) A dead city.
(d) A sad city.
10. Who took Filipovic's picture standing next to the UNPROFOR building?
11. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A chocolate bar.
(c) A new book.
(d) A job.
12. How was a man wounded on the bridge on September 4, 1993?
(a) He tripped on the uneven pavement.
(b) A shell.
(c) A sniper.
(d) A roadside bomb.
13. Who left Sarajevo on August 27, 1993?
(b) Auntie Boda.
(c) Auntie Ivanka.
(d) Auntie Radmila and Uncle Tomo.
14. Who was the French Defense Minister in December of 1993?
(a) Francois Leonard.
(b) Jean-Christophe Rufin.
(c) Francois Leotard.
(d) Guy de Battista.
15. What significant event took place on September 27, 1993?
(a) The G8 Summit.
(b) The Assembly of Bosnian Intellectuals.
(c) A session of B-H parliament.
(d) The end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday was celebrated on June 1, 1993?
2. Where did Auntie Ivanka receive a package from?
3. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
4. What Haris and Enes make a grave out of?
5. Who was killed on January 9, 1993?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)