|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to UNPROFOR, how many shells fell on May 31, 1993?
2. What darted across Filipovic's floor on May 8, 1993?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tiny mouse.
(d) A cat.
3. How did Filipovic feel about music lessons?
(a) She played the trumpet well.
(b) She had butterflies in her stomach.
(c) She was no very good.
(d) She dreaded music lessons.
4. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
(c) Zlata Grabovac.
5. Why was Filipovic going to the UNPROFOR buidling on September 15, 1993?
(a) To see about leaving on a convoy.
(b) To see a dentist.
(c) To see a psychologist.
(d) To see a doctor.
6. What food did Filipovic cook for Cicko but he wouldn't touch?
7. Which city were the "three warring sides" attempting to reach an agreement?
(b) New York.
8. What year was Filipovic in music school on December 28, 1992?
9. How many shells fell from 4:30 until later in the day on October 17, 1993?
(a) 800 shells.
(b) 590 shells.
(c) 500 shells.
(d) 600 shells.
10. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
11. What country was Nedo's girlfriend from?
12. Who was Filipovic's language teacher in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
13. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
(a) 10,000 people.
(b) 5,000 people.
(c) 20,000 people.
(d) 15,000 people.
14. What significant event took place on September 27, 1993?
(a) The G8 Summit.
(b) The Assembly of Bosnian Intellectuals.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) A session of B-H parliament.
15. What did Filipovic injure going down the stairs at the Bobars?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Filipovic spend in the shower/bathtub when arriving at the hotel?
2. Who did Filipovic say wanted to destroy them?
3. Where was a historic meeting going on hoping to bring peace?
4. Who was seriously ill and hospitalized in March of 1993?
5. What letter is overused in the Bosnian language dictionary?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)