|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
(a) The sound of screeching wheels from water carts.
(b) Shells falling.
(c) Birds chirping.
(d) Gun shots.
2. Who took Filipovic's picture standing next to the UNPROFOR building?
3. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
4. What school subject did Filipovic have to study that made her unhappy?
5. Where was Paul "the journalist" leaving for on September 8, 1993?
6. What grade was Filipovic starting in September of 1993?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
7. Who stayed at the house with Filipovic when her mom went to get water on January 1, 1993?
(b) Auntie Radmila.
(c) Auntie Boda.
8. What TV crew came to see how Filipovic's family handled the October 17th shelling?
(a) ABC news.
(c) Le Figaro.
(d) The Canadian TV crew.
9. What was in the flowerpot that Auntie Radmila brought Filipovic in July 1993?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A tomato.
(c) An orange.
(d) An apple tree.
10. What did Filipovic's mom give Braco's family?
(b) A lot of clothes.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) A radio.
11. What darted across Filipovic's floor on May 8, 1993?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A tiny mouse.
12. Who died on April 25, 1993?
13. What Haris and Enes make a grave out of?
14. Who taught physics in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
15. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
(a) She won the lottery.
(b) It was her birthday.
(c) It was graduation day.
(d) It was Promotion Day for her diary that was published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovic injure going down the stairs at the Bobars?
2. How did Filipovic feel on May 31, 1993?
3. On March 27, 1993, Filipovic had two journalists visit her. Which country were they from?
4. How many suitcases did Filipovic pack to take with her when she left Sarajevo?
5. Who was sick and in the hospital with jaundice on August 21, 1993?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)