|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight had Filipovic's father lost since the war started?
(a) 20 kilos.
(b) 30 kilos.
(c) 15 kilos.
(d) 25 kilos.
2. How was a man wounded on the bridge on September 4, 1993?
(a) A sniper.
(b) He tripped on the uneven pavement.
(c) A shell.
(d) A roadside bomb.
3. According to Filipovic, what was an "ash heap" in her entry dated December 25, 1992?
(a) The school.
(b) The old tobacco plant.
(c) The post office.
(d) the UNIS building.
4. Who did Filipovic blame for the death of Cici?
(c) The tomcat.
5. What did Mirna get on her piano exam?
6. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
7. What TV crew came to see how Filipovic's family handled the October 17th shelling?
(b) ABC news.
(c) The Canadian TV crew.
(d) Le Figaro.
8. What did Filipovic's friends and family nickname the sniper?
9. How did Filipovic feel about music lessons?
(a) She had butterflies in her stomach.
(b) She was no very good.
(c) She dreaded music lessons.
(d) She played the trumpet well.
10. Why were the children pushing and fighting on December 25, 1992?
(a) The UNPROFOR were handing out sweets and Christmas gifts.
(b) To get in line for the school bus.
(c) A medical mission was in Sarajevo to give medical aid.
(d) The UN was giving out water.
11. What school subject did Filipovic have to study that made her unhappy?
12. Where was a historic meeting going on hoping to bring peace?
(a) Sarajevo airport.
(b) The downtown community center.
(c) The UN headquarters.
(d) Zetra Hall.
13. Who opened the bottle of champagne to celebrate the New Year?
14. What sound woke Filipovic every morning?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) The sound of screeching wheels from water carts.
(c) Shells falling.
(d) Birds chirping.
15. Who was waiting for Filipovic at the TF1 building in December of 1993?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news crew filmed Filipovic as "person of the week" on July 23, 1993?
2. What year was Filipovic in music school on December 28, 1992?
3. Who did Filipovic say wanted to destroy them?
4. Where were Nedo and his girlfriend on May 25, 1993?
5. What did Filipovic say would brighten up her day on April 19, 1993?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)