|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight had Filipovic's father lost since the war started?
(a) 30 kilos.
(b) 20 kilos.
(c) 15 kilos.
(d) 25 kilos.
2. Where did Auntie Ivanka receive a package from?
3. On March 27, 1993, Filipovic had two journalists visit her. Which country were they from?
(a) United States.
4. What was in the flowerpot that Auntie Radmila brought Filipovic in July 1993?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A tomato.
(c) An orange.
(d) A pine tree.
5. Who is Braco's aunt?
(a) Auntie Biljana.
(b) Auntie Doda.
(c) Auntie Radmila.
(d) Auntie Micika.
6. Who did Filipovic receive a letter from on February 25, 1993?
(a) Keka and Neda.
(c) Grandma and Grandad.
(d) Mirna and Matea.
7. Where were Mommy and Aunite Ivanka going to see about a Slovenian convoy?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The bombed out post office.
(c) The UN headquarters.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
8. What did Filipovic's friends and family nickname the sniper?
9. What darted across Filipovic's floor on May 8, 1993?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A tiny mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
10. What color was the puppy that came to Alma and Dado's?
11. What did Mirna get on her piano exam?
12. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
(a) It was graduation day.
(b) She won the lottery.
(c) It was her birthday.
(d) It was Promotion Day for her diary that was published.
13. Who opened the bottle of champagne to celebrate the New Year?
14. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
15. Who did Filipovic see on June 10, 1993 that was in love with her in fourth grade?
(b) Omar Ismar.
(c) Ismar Resic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was in flames and being bombarded by constant shelling on December 4, 1992?
2. What was the name of Filipovic's American pen pal?
3. According to Filipovic, what was an "ash heap" in her entry dated December 25, 1992?
4. Why did Filipovic refer to Sarajevo as?
5. In January of 1993, what room did the Filipovic's live in?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)