|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shells fell from 4:30 until later in the day on October 17, 1993?
(a) 600 shells.
(b) 590 shells.
(c) 500 shells.
(d) 800 shells.
2. Which state was Filipovic's pen pal from?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
3. In August of 1993, where was Nedo?
4. How many suitcases did Filipovic pack to take with her when she left Sarajevo?
5. What TV crew came to see how Filipovic's family handled the October 17th shelling?
(a) The Canadian TV crew.
(b) ABC news.
(d) Le Figaro.
6. Where did Filipovic leave her sled?
(a) The school.
(b) The park.
(d) The marketplace.
7. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
(a) A chocolate bar.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A job.
(d) A new book.
8. Who died on April 8, 1993?
9. What school subject did Filipovic have to study that made her unhappy?
10. What was in the flowerpot that Auntie Radmila brought Filipovic in July 1993?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) An orange.
(d) A tomato.
11. How did Filipovic wish Mikica a happy birthday?
(a) By mail.
(b) On the phone.
(c) In person.
(d) On the radio.
12. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
(b) Zlata Grabovac.
13. Whose birthday was celebrated on June 1, 1993?
14. What city was in flames and being bombarded by constant shelling on December 4, 1992?
15. Where was Julio Fuentos from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who left Sarajevo on August 27, 1993?
2. How long did Filipovic spend in the shower/bathtub when arriving at the hotel?
3. Who did Filipovic see on June 10, 1993 that was in love with her in fourth grade?
4. What color was the puppy that came to Alma and Dado's?
5. Why was July 17, 1993 a significant day to Filipovic?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)