|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Filipovic going to the UNPROFOR buidling on September 15, 1993?
(a) To see a dentist.
(b) To see about leaving on a convoy.
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To see a psychologist.
2. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
3. Why did Filipovic refer to Sarajevo as?
(a) A growing city.
(b) A sad city.
(c) A happy city.
(d) A dead city.
4. Who did Filipovic say wanted to destroy them?
5. What did Filipovic get on May 20, 1993?
(a) A chocolate bar.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A new book.
(d) A job.
6. Where did Filipovic leave her sled?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The school.
(d) The park.
7. Who was sick and in the hospital with jaundice on August 21, 1993?
8. What color was the puppy that came to Alma and Dado's?
9. According to Filipovic, what was an "ash heap" in her entry dated December 25, 1992?
(a) the UNIS building.
(b) The school.
(c) The old tobacco plant.
(d) The post office.
10. What TV crew came to see how Filipovic's family handled the October 17th shelling?
(a) The Canadian TV crew.
(c) ABC news.
(d) Le Figaro.
11. According to Filipovich, what was destroying her childhood and destroying her parents lives?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Lack of electricity.
(c) Lack of heat.
12. What country was Nedo's girlfriend from?
13. How many suitcases did Filipovic pack to take with her when she left Sarajevo?
14. Who opened the bottle of champagne to celebrate the New Year?
15. How old did Filipovic turn in December of 1993?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the flowerpot that Auntie Radmila brought Filipovic in July 1993?
2. Filipovic said that what "are the greatest treasure, the greatest friend one has"?
3. Where did Auntie Ivanka receive a package from?
4. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
5. Where was Paul "the journalist" leaving for on September 8, 1993?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)