|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died on April 8, 1993?
2. Who did Filipovic blame for the death of Cici?
(b) The tomcat.
3. What sea did the plane fly over as it left Bosnia and Herzegovina?
(a) Mediterranean Sea.
(b) Black Sea.
(c) North Sea.
(d) Adriatic Sea.
4. Who was Filipovic's language teacher in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
5. What darted across Filipovic's floor on May 8, 1993?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tiny mouse.
(d) A cat.
6. Who left Sarajevo on August 27, 1993?
(b) Auntie Ivanka.
(c) Auntie Radmila and Uncle Tomo.
(d) Auntie Boda.
7. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
(a) 10,000 people.
(b) 20,000 people.
(c) 15,000 people.
(d) 5,000 people.
8. Who took Filipovic's picture standing next to the UNPROFOR building?
9. What did Filipovic injure going down the stairs at the Bobars?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her leg.
10. How old did Filipovic turn in December of 1993?
11. Why were the children pushing and fighting on December 25, 1992?
(a) The UNPROFOR were handing out sweets and Christmas gifts.
(b) A medical mission was in Sarajevo to give medical aid.
(c) To get in line for the school bus.
(d) The UN was giving out water.
12. According to a letter from Oga, where were all the houses looted?
13. How long did Filipovic spend in the shower/bathtub when arriving at the hotel?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
14. What did Janine, a journalist from a Canadian TV crew bring Filipovic in gym class?
(a) An orange.
(b) A pepsi.
(c) An apple.
(d) Two chocolate bars.
15. What did Melica give Filipovic's family for a New Year's present?
(a) A jar of pickled carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January of 1993, what room did the Filipovic's live in?
2. Who was the French Defense Minister in December of 1993?
3. Who did Filipovic receive a letter from on February 25, 1993?
4. What did Filipovic say would brighten up her day on April 19, 1993?
5. Who was taking Nedo's leaving the worst?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)