|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Filipovic's entry on September 17, 1993, how many people have died since the beginning of the war?
(a) 20,000 people.
(b) 5,000 people.
(c) 15,000 people.
(d) 10,000 people.
2. According to UNPROFOR, how many shells fell on May 31, 1993?
3. Who stayed at the house with Filipovic when her mom went to get water on January 1, 1993?
(b) Auntie Radmila.
(d) Auntie Boda.
4. How old did Filipovic turn in December of 1993?
5. Where was Filipovic after Samra's wedding?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The park.
(c) The UN headquarters.
(d) The Premier.
6. How did Filipovic wish Mikica a happy birthday?
(a) On the phone.
(b) In person.
(c) By mail.
(d) On the radio.
7. Why did Filipovic refer to Sarajevo as?
(a) A growing city.
(b) A sad city.
(c) A dead city.
(d) A happy city.
8. What did Filipovic say would brighten up her day on April 19, 1993?
(d) Music lessons.
9. How did Filipovic feel about music lessons?
(a) She had butterflies in her stomach.
(b) She dreaded music lessons.
(c) She played the trumpet well.
(d) She was no very good.
10. Who was killed on January 9, 1993?
(a) Vice Premier Hakija Turajlic.
11. Why was Filipovic going to the UNPROFOR buidling on September 15, 1993?
(a) To see a dentist.
(b) To see about leaving on a convoy.
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To see a psychologist.
12. What sea did the plane fly over as it left Bosnia and Herzegovina?
(a) Adriatic Sea.
(b) North Sea.
(c) Black Sea.
(d) Mediterranean Sea.
13. Who was the class mistress in March of 1993 at Filipovic's school?
(a) Zlata Grabovac.
14. What significant event took place on September 27, 1993?
(a) The Assembly of Bosnian Intellectuals.
(b) The G8 Summit.
(c) A session of B-H parliament.
(d) The end of the war.
15. Which city were the "three warring sides" attempting to reach an agreement?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Filipovic cook for Cicko but he wouldn't touch?
2. According to Filipovich, what was destroying her childhood and destroying her parents lives?
3. Who was married on August 26, 1993?
4. On March 27, 1993, Filipovic had two journalists visit her. Which country were they from?
5. Who did Filipovic see on June 10, 1993 that was in love with her in fourth grade?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)