|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
(a) Her father created a steam powered radio using the wood stove.
(b) Her father hooked up the car battery.
(c) Her father created a solar powered radio.
(d) Her father did not find a way to power the radio after the original batteries died.
2. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
3. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
4. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(a) Cloth Sheets.
5. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
(b) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(c) Nirvana's fan club.
(d) Madonna's fan club.
6. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(a) Her mommy.
(b) Her daddy.
7. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
8. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
(a) Women's Day.
(b) National Art Day.
(c) Artists Rememberance Day.
(d) National Peace Day.
9. What great symbol in Sarajevo burned up despite firefighters' effort to save it?
(a) The UN headquarters.
(b) Filipovic's school.
(c) Zetra Hall.
(d) The Capitol building.
10. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Navy reserve.
(b) The Air Force reserve.
(c) The police reserve.
(d) The Army reserve.
11. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
(a) A soldier from the UN.
(b) A shell.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A mouse.
12. What were the only days when neighbors relaxed, spent time together, and cheered up?
13. What did "RFI" stand for?
(a) Random Free Icecream.
(b) Radio France Internationale.
(c) Radio French Incorporated.
(d) Redeem France Incorporated.
14. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
(a) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(b) Captain at Fifteen.
(c) Around the World in 80 Days.
(d) Moby Dick.
15. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
2. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
3. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
4. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
5. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)