|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
2. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Milic.
(b) General Kukanjac.
(c) General Grebo.
(d) General Tito.
3. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
4. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
(a) A classical music concert.
(b) A hockey game.
(c) An iceskating performance.
(d) A rock concert.
5. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
(a) Her father did not find a way to power the radio after the original batteries died.
(b) Her father created a solar powered radio.
(c) Her father created a steam powered radio using the wood stove.
(d) Her father hooked up the car battery.
6. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) The country house was burned down.
(b) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(c) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(d) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
7. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One hour.
8. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
(c) Ice skating.
(d) Ice hockey.
9. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
(a) A bucket.
(b) Water running through a tap.
(c) A tin horse trough.
(d) A jug.
10. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
(a) Nature pictures.
(b) Band pictures.
(c) Fashion pictures.
(d) Pictures of her friends.
11. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The quiet part of town.
(b) The old section of town.
(c) The section near the marketplace.
(d) The new section in town.
12. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Dubrovnik Ave.
(b) Vaso Miskin Street.
(c) Tito Street.
(d) Main Street.
13. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
(a) A shell.
(b) A ball someone threw.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A brick that someone threw.
14. Now that most of her closest friends moved away, who are Filipovic's best friends?
(a) Jaca and Dado.
(b) Martina and Matea.
(c) Vanja and Andrej.
(d) Bojana and Maja.
15. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
2. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
3. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
4. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
5. What did Filipovich treat herself to on July 2, 1992?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)