|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
(a) Marti and Maty.
(c) Mart and Maty.
(d) Mart and Mat.
2. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
(a) His paycheck.
3. What did "RFI" stand for?
(a) Radio French Incorporated.
(b) Radio France Internationale.
(c) Random Free Icecream.
(d) Redeem France Incorporated.
4. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
(a) A soldier told them.
(b) Ham radio.
5. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Play with her dolls.
(c) Listen to the radio.
(d) Play the piano.
6. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
(b) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(c) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(d) The country house was burned down.
7. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
(b) Army tanks.
(c) United Nations Peacekeepers.
8. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
(a) The side of the house that faces the cellar.
(b) The side of the house that faces the hills.
(c) The side of the house that faces the city.
(d) The side of the house facing the neighbor.
9. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Kukanjac.
(b) General Tito.
(c) General Milic.
(d) General Grebo.
10. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
11. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
12. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(b) Her daddy.
(c) Her mommy.
13. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
(a) Debate and drama club.
(b) Math and Science club.
(c) Literature and drama club.
(d) Science and debate club.
14. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The city.
(b) The war.
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) The house.
15. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
(a) Water running through a tap.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A tin horse trough.
(d) A jug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
2. What was Silva Rizvanbegovic's occupation?
3. What was Filipovich's nickname?
4. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
5. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)