|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(a) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
2. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Zoka's jewelry shop.
(c) The Capitol Building.
(d) Filipovich's house.
3. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
(a) Science and debate club.
(b) Debate and drama club.
(c) Literature and drama club.
(d) Math and Science club.
4. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
5. Who did Filipovich give a necklace and bracelet to for her eighteenth birthday?
6. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The city.
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) The house.
(d) The war.
7. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
8. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
9. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
(a) He was shot in the head.
(b) He was wounded in the arm.
(c) He was wounded in the leg.
(d) He had shrapnel in his chest.
10. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(b) Seven in the evening.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Two in the afternoon.
11. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
(a) The houses.
(b) The people.
(c) The streets.
(d) The world.
12. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Vaso Miskin Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Tito Street.
(d) Dubrovnik Ave.
13. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
14. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The police reserve.
(b) The Air Force reserve.
(c) The Navy reserve.
(d) The Army reserve.
15. What movie did Filipovich's class go see at the cinema?
(a) White Fang.
(b) My Brother Aleksa.
(c) The Call of the Wild.
(d) Dances with Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
2. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
3. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
4. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
5. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)