|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
(a) The attic and cellar.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The park.
(d) The neighbor's house.
2. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
(a) A stockpile of weapons.
(b) A trunk for of family memories.
(c) An old wood-burning stove.
(d) Refugees from a neighboring village.
3. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
4. Where was summer school held?
(a) The community center.
(b) The bombed out school.
(c) The UN headquarters.
(d) In an open lot near the school.
5. What did "RFI" stand for?
(a) Random Free Icecream.
(b) Redeem France Incorporated.
(c) Radio France Internationale.
(d) Radio French Incorporated.
6. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
(a) The Capitol Building.
(b) Zoka's jewelry shop.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) Filipovich's house.
7. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
(c) Her neighbor Alma.
8. Who took Filipovich to summer school?
9. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
10. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The quiet part of town.
(b) The new section in town.
(c) The section near the marketplace.
(d) The old section of town.
11. What were the only days when neighbors relaxed, spent time together, and cheered up?
12. What group did Zlata get moved up to in tennis?
(a) The teen group.
(b) The older group.
(c) The boys group.
(d) The girls group.
13. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) The television.
(b) The notes from the piano.
(c) The view of the mountains.
(d) The radio.
14. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
(a) A shell.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A brick that someone threw.
(d) A ball someone threw.
15. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(b) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(c) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
(d) Her mom's photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
2. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
3. What great symbol in Sarajevo burned up despite firefighters' effort to save it?
4. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
5. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)