|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Kukanjac.
(b) General Grebo.
(c) General Tito.
(d) General Milic.
2. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By bus.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
3. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
4. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
5. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
6. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) An iceskating performance.
(c) A classical music concert.
(d) A hockey game.
7. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The adventure of getting school supplies.
(b) The holiday on the seaside.
(c) The war.
(d) The boredom of staying at home.
8. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
9. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The quiet part of town.
(b) The new section in town.
(c) The old section of town.
(d) The section near the marketplace.
10. What group did Zlata get moved up to in tennis?
(a) The girls group.
(b) The teen group.
(c) The boys group.
(d) The older group.
11. What was Filipovich's nickname?
12. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(a) Getting married.
(c) Giving to others.
(d) Graduating school.
13. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Army reserve.
(b) The Air Force reserve.
(c) The Navy reserve.
(d) The police reserve.
14. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The Capitol Building.
(c) Filipovich's house.
(d) Zoka's jewelry shop.
15. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
2. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
3. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
4. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
5. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)