|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
2. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
4. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
5. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
6. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
(b) His paycheck.
7. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
(b) Feast of the Unleavened.
8. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) The war.
(c) The city.
(d) The house.
9. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(b) Her mommy.
(c) Her daddy.
10. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Zdravko Grebo.
(b) Marshal Tito.
(c) Goran Milic.
(d) Radonvan Karadzic.
11. What great symbol in Sarajevo burned up despite firefighters' effort to save it?
(a) The UN headquarters.
(b) The Capitol building.
(c) Zetra Hall.
(d) Filipovic's school.
12. What was Filipovich's nickname?
13. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
(a) At the marketplace.
(b) At the UN headquarters.
(c) At the school.
(d) In the house and cellar.
14. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) The notes from the piano.
(b) The radio.
(c) The view of the mountains.
(d) The television.
15. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
(a) Nature pictures.
(b) Band pictures.
(c) Pictures of her friends.
(d) Fashion pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
2. Why was crossing the bridge so dangerous?
3. What movie did Filipovich's class go see at the cinema?
4. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
5. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)