|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Filipovich to summer school?
2. Who was killed by a shell that fell in front of the community center on September 15, 1992?
3. Who lost their life in the attack?
4. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
(a) Ice hockey.
(b) Ice skating.
5. What was Silva Rizvanbegovic's occupation?
(a) She was a doctor.
(b) She was a boutique owner.
(c) She was on the police force.
(d) She was a laywer.
6. Now that most of her closest friends moved away, who are Filipovic's best friends?
(a) Jaca and Dado.
(b) Vanja and Andrej.
(c) Bojana and Maja.
(d) Martina and Matea.
7. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
(a) Debate and drama club.
(b) Math and Science club.
(c) Science and debate club.
(d) Literature and drama club.
8. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
(a) The world.
(b) The people.
(c) The streets.
(d) The houses.
9. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The church.
(b) The post office.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The school.
10. Who was President of the Soros Foundation in Sarajevo?
(a) Radovan Karadzic.
(b) Zdravko Grebo.
(c) Marshal Tito.
(d) Goran Milic.
11. What was Filipovich's nickname?
12. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
13. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
14. Why was crossing the bridge so dangerous?
(a) Snipers shot people crossing the bridge.
(b) Muggers attacked people.
(c) The bridge was unstable.
(d) Kidnappers preyed on innocent victims.
15. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(a) Giving to others.
(b) Graduating school.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
2. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
3. Who did Filipovich give a necklace and bracelet to for her eighteenth birthday?
4. What did "RFI" stand for?
5. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)