|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The police reserve.
(b) The Air Force reserve.
(c) The Navy reserve.
(d) The Army reserve.
2. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
(a) Seven in the evening.
(b) Two in the afternoon.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Eleven in the morning.
3. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(a) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
4. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
(b) Mart and Mat.
(c) Mart and Maty.
(d) Marti and Maty.
5. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
(a) On the neighbor's house.
(b) The park in front of Filipovic's house.
(c) In Filipovic's yard.
(d) In Filipovic's house.
6. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
(a) Feast of the Unleavened.
7. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
(a) An American Publisher.
(b) The Red Cross.
(d) The Salvation Army.
8. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
9. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
(a) A sprained wrist.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A hernia.
(d) A sprained ankle.
10. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
11. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
12. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
13. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(b) Graduating school.
(c) Giving to others.
(d) Getting married.
14. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
(a) Women's Day.
(b) National Peace Day.
(c) National Art Day.
(d) Artists Rememberance Day.
15. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
2. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
3. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
4. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
5. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)