|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Radonvan Karadzic.
(b) Zdravko Grebo.
(c) Goran Milic.
(d) Marshal Tito.
2. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A tin horse trough.
(c) Water running through a tap.
(d) A jug.
3. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The living room.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The back yard.
4. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
(a) A soldier told them.
(d) Ham radio.
5. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
6. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
7. Where did mommy's Braco go?
8. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
(b) Nirvana's fan club.
(c) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(d) Madonna's fan club.
9. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Tito Street.
(b) Dubrovnik Ave.
(c) Vaso Miskin Street.
(d) Main Street.
10. What did Filipovich treat herself to on July 2, 1992?
(c) Ice Cream.
11. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
12. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) One hour.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
13. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The new section in town.
(b) The section near the marketplace.
(c) The old section of town.
(d) The quiet part of town.
14. What movie did Filipovich's class go see at the cinema?
(a) White Fang.
(b) My Brother Aleksa.
(c) The Call of the Wild.
(d) Dances with Wolves.
15. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
(a) American Top 40.
(b) Road Rules.
(c) Beavis and Butthead.
(d) American Top 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
2. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
3. What happened to Ziga, Meho, and Becir?
4. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
5. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)