|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did Filipovich's class go see at the cinema?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) Dances with Wolves.
(c) My Brother Aleksa.
(d) White Fang.
2. Who lost their life in the attack?
3. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
(a) Her father hooked up the car battery.
(b) Her father created a steam powered radio using the wood stove.
(c) Her father created a solar powered radio.
(d) Her father did not find a way to power the radio after the original batteries died.
4. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
5. What were the only days when neighbors relaxed, spent time together, and cheered up?
6. Which music group was number one on the Dial MTV program in January of 1992?
(a) Pet Shop Boys.
(c) New Kids on the Block.
(d) Guns 'n' Roses.
7. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(b) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
(c) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(d) The country house was burned down.
8. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(d) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
9. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
10. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The boredom of staying at home.
(b) The adventure of getting school supplies.
(c) The holiday on the seaside.
(d) The war.
11. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
12. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) In the house and cellar.
(d) At the UN headquarters.
13. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
(a) He was wounded in the arm.
(b) He was wounded in the leg.
(c) He had shrapnel in his chest.
(d) He was shot in the head.
14. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Goran Milic.
(b) Zdravko Grebo.
(c) Marshal Tito.
(d) Radonvan Karadzic.
15. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
2. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
3. What group did Zlata get moved up to in tennis?
4. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
5. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)