|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
(a) A classical music concert.
(b) A rock concert.
(c) An iceskating performance.
(d) A hockey game.
2. Who was President of the Soros Foundation in Sarajevo?
(a) Goran Milic.
(b) Radovan Karadzic.
(c) Zdravko Grebo.
(d) Marshal Tito.
3. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
(a) Her father hooked up the car battery.
(b) Her father created a solar powered radio.
(c) Her father did not find a way to power the radio after the original batteries died.
(d) Her father created a steam powered radio using the wood stove.
4. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
(a) The side of the house that faces the cellar.
(b) The side of the house that faces the hills.
(c) The side of the house facing the neighbor.
(d) The side of the house that faces the city.
5. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
6. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) The country house was burned down.
(b) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(c) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(d) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
7. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
(a) Pictures of her friends.
(b) Band pictures.
(c) Fashion pictures.
(d) Nature pictures.
8. What city was the "real war" going on in October of 1991?
9. Where did mommy's Braco go?
10. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) An American Publisher.
(d) The Salvation Army.
11. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
12. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
13. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The holiday on the seaside.
(b) The boredom of staying at home.
(c) The war.
(d) The adventure of getting school supplies.
14. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
(a) National Art Day.
(b) Women's Day.
(c) Artists Rememberance Day.
(d) National Peace Day.
15. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
2. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
3. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
4. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
5. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)