|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) Around the World in 80 Days.
(d) Captain at Fifteen.
2. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
3. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
(a) American Top 40.
(b) American Top 20.
(c) Beavis and Butthead.
(d) Road Rules.
4. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
5. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
6. Why was crossing the bridge so dangerous?
(a) Snipers shot people crossing the bridge.
(b) Muggers attacked people.
(c) The bridge was unstable.
(d) Kidnappers preyed on innocent victims.
7. Which music group was number one on the Dial MTV program in January of 1992?
(a) New Kids on the Block.
(b) Guns 'n' Roses.
(d) Pet Shop Boys.
8. What city was the "real war" going on in October of 1991?
9. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Tito Street.
(c) Vaso Miskin Street.
(d) Dubrovnik Ave.
10. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
(a) Math and Science club.
(b) Literature and drama club.
(c) Science and debate club.
(d) Debate and drama club.
11. What entered the Bobars' sitting room on August 4, 1992?
(a) A shell.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A soldier from the UN.
12. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(c) Her mommy.
(d) Her daddy.
13. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
(a) On the neighbor's house.
(b) The park in front of Filipovic's house.
(c) In Filipovic's yard.
(d) In Filipovic's house.
14. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
(a) A stockpile of weapons.
(b) A trunk for of family memories.
(c) An old wood-burning stove.
(d) Refugees from a neighboring village.
15. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(c) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
Short Answer Questions
1. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
2. What happened to Ziga, Meho, and Becir?
3. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
4. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
5. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)