|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Filipovich give a necklace and bracelet to for her eighteenth birthday?
2. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(b) Getting married.
(c) Graduating school.
(d) Giving to others.
3. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His back.
(d) His arm.
4. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(c) Her mommy.
(d) Her daddy.
5. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
(a) A trunk for of family memories.
(b) A stockpile of weapons.
(c) An old wood-burning stove.
(d) Refugees from a neighboring village.
6. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
7. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
8. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) The radio.
(b) The notes from the piano.
(c) The television.
(d) The view of the mountains.
9. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
(a) The living room.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The cellar.
10. Why was crossing the bridge so dangerous?
(a) Kidnappers preyed on innocent victims.
(b) Snipers shot people crossing the bridge.
(c) Muggers attacked people.
(d) The bridge was unstable.
11. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
12. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(a) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
13. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Dubrovnik Ave.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Tito Street.
(d) Vaso Miskin Street.
14. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
15. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
(a) A sprained wrist.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A hernia.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
2. What Muslim religious holiday is celebrated on April 4th?
3. What grade did Zlata enter in September 1991?
4. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
5. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)