|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
2. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The park.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) The attic and cellar.
3. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The church.
(c) The post office.
(d) The school.
4. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Kukanjac.
(b) General Milic.
(c) General Tito.
(d) General Grebo.
5. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
6. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) Her mom's photo album.
(b) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(c) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(d) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
7. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
8. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
(b) The country house was burned down.
(c) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(d) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
9. What grade did Zlata enter in September 1991?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
10. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) Nirvana's fan club.
(b) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(c) Madonna's fan club.
(d) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
11. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
(a) American Top 20.
(b) Road Rules.
(c) American Top 40.
(d) Beavis and Butthead.
12. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
13. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
14. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
(c) Ice hockey.
(d) Ice skating.
15. What city was the "real war" going on in October of 1991?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
2. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
3. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
4. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
5. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)