|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
(b) United Nations Peacekeepers.
(d) Army tanks.
2. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
3. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Air Force reserve.
(b) The Army reserve.
(c) The police reserve.
(d) The Navy reserve.
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) Madonna's fan club.
(b) Nirvana's fan club.
(c) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
(d) Michael Jackson's fan club.
5. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
(b) Marti and Maty.
(c) Mart and Mat.
(d) Mart and Maty.
6. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The war.
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) The house.
(d) The city.
7. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
8. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The school.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The church.
(d) The post office.
9. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
(a) His arm.
(b) His hand.
(c) His foot.
(d) His back.
10. How did Filipovich walk through the streets of Sarajevo?
11. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
(a) The park in front of Filipovic's house.
(b) On the neighbor's house.
(c) In Filipovic's house.
(d) In Filipovic's yard.
12. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
13. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By train.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
14. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
15. On November 13, 1992, what time was the convoy leaving?
(a) Nine in the morning.
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Seven in the evening.
(d) Two in the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Filipovich's nickname?
2. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
3. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
4. What movie did Filipovich's class go see at the cinema?
5. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)