|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) Madonna's fan club.
(b) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(c) Nirvana's fan club.
(d) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
2. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(b) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(c) Her mom's photo album.
(d) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
3. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(b) Her mommy.
(d) Her daddy.
4. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Navy reserve.
(b) The Air Force reserve.
(c) The police reserve.
(d) The Army reserve.
5. Where did Filipovic's father search for wood?
(a) The park.
(b) The neighbor's house.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) The attic and cellar.
6. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(b) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(c) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
(d) The country house was burned down.
7. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) The television.
(b) The view of the mountains.
(c) The notes from the piano.
(d) The radio.
8. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Play with her dolls.
9. What did Filipovic name her diary?
10. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
11. What building did Filipovic's dad take a picture of as it was burning?
(a) The church.
(b) The post office.
(c) The school.
(d) The grocery store.
12. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
(a) Band pictures.
(b) Fashion pictures.
(c) Nature pictures.
(d) Pictures of her friends.
13. What was Filipovich's nickname?
14. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By bus.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
15. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Kukanjac.
(b) General Grebo.
(c) General Tito.
(d) General Milic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was President of the Soros Foundation in Sarajevo?
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
3. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
4. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
5. What program was Zlata watching on MTV in October 1991?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)