Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
(a) An old wood-burning stove.
(b) A trunk for of family memories.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Refugees from a neighboring village.
2. What injury did Filipovic's dad suffer due to carrying heavy amounts of water?
(a) A hernia.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A sprained ankle.
3. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(d) An American Publisher.
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
(b) Madonna's fan club.
(c) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(d) Nirvana's fan club.
5. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(a) Giving to others.
(b) Getting married.
(d) Graduating school.
6. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
(a) In Filipovic's yard.
(b) In Filipovic's house.
(c) On the neighbor's house.
(d) The park in front of Filipovic's house.
7. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
(a) The side of the house facing the neighbor.
(b) The side of the house that faces the city.
(c) The side of the house that faces the cellar.
(d) The side of the house that faces the hills.
8. What happened to Filipovich's country home in Crnotina on June 18, 1992?
(a) The country house was destroyed by a shell.
(b) The country house was burned down.
(c) The country house became a shelter for refugees.
(d) Filipovich's dad sold the house.
9. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
(a) The old section of town.
(b) The quiet part of town.
(c) The section near the marketplace.
(d) The new section in town.
10. Who lost their life in the attack?
11. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
12. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
13. What grade did Zlata enter in September 1991?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
14. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(c) Her mommy.
(d) Her daddy.
15. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
(b) Ice hockey.
(d) Ice skating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
2. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
3. Where was summer school held?
4. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
5. Which music group was number one on the Dial MTV program in January of 1992?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)