|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
2. What was the city of Sarajevo full of on March 2, 1992?
(a) Army tanks.
(c) United Nations Peacekeepers.
3. Who found a job as a mechanical engineer and worked twelve hour days?
4. Who took Filipovich to summer school?
5. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Kukanjac.
(b) General Tito.
(c) General Milic.
(d) General Grebo.
6. Who gave Filipovich a polkadot cap and gloves as a New Year's present?
(b) Her mommy.
(d) Her daddy.
7. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
8. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
9. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
10. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
(a) Nature pictures.
(b) Fashion pictures.
(c) Band pictures.
(d) Pictures of her friends.
11. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The police reserve.
(b) The Army reserve.
(c) The Air Force reserve.
(d) The Navy reserve.
12. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
(a) Debate and drama club.
(b) Science and debate club.
(c) Literature and drama club.
(d) Math and Science club.
13. What did Filipovich treat herself to on July 2, 1992?
(b) Ice Cream.
14. Who moved to the Zvijezda tower blocks on October 26, 1992?
(a) Lalo's family.
(b) Mirna's family.
(c) Zoka's family.
(d) Nedo's family.
15. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
(a) The living room.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
2. What boutique was best known for knick-knacks?
3. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
4. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
5. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)