|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Filipovich to summer school?
2. What sport did Filipovic and her friends do at "Boza's Trail"?
(a) Ice skating.
(b) Ice hockey.
3. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Air Force reserve.
(b) The police reserve.
(c) The Navy reserve.
(d) The Army reserve.
4. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
(a) An iceskating performance.
(b) A classical music concert.
(c) A rock concert.
(d) A hockey game.
5. Where was summer school held?
(a) The UN headquarters.
(b) In an open lot near the school.
(c) The bombed out school.
(d) The community center.
6. What was the name of the pizzeria around the corner from Zlata's house?
7. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) The television.
(b) The view of the mountains.
(c) The radio.
(d) The notes from the piano.
8. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
9. Why was crossing the bridge so dangerous?
(a) Muggers attacked people.
(b) Kidnappers preyed on innocent victims.
(c) Snipers shot people crossing the bridge.
(d) The bridge was unstable.
10. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
(a) He was wounded in the leg.
(b) He had shrapnel in his chest.
(c) He was wounded in the arm.
(d) He was shot in the head.
11. What did Filipovic's parents buy in large amounts once the gunfire stopped?
12. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
(b) Ham radio.
(d) A soldier told them.
13. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(d) Cloth Sheets.
14. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four hours.
15. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
(a) Getting married.
(c) Graduating school.
(d) Giving to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
2. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
3. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
4. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
5. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)