Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July 5, 1992, what did Filipovic wish she could do but was unable to because it was in the "dangerous room"?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Play with her dolls.
(d) Watch TV.
2. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By bus.
(d) By airplane.
3. Who went to a Guns and Roses concert in Budapest?
4. What location did Mommy and Auntie Ivanka receive grants to specialize in?
5. What was not the same since the war started according to Filipovich on September 20, 1992?
(a) The streets.
(b) The houses.
(c) The people.
(d) The world.
6. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
(a) Dubrovnik Ave.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Vaso Miskin Street.
(d) Tito Street.
7. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
(a) General Milic.
(b) General Kukanjac.
(c) General Tito.
(d) General Grebo.
8. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
9. Where was summer school held?
(a) The community center.
(b) The UN headquarters.
(c) The bombed out school.
(d) In an open lot near the school.
10. What did Filipovic's father injure when cutting wood for the stove?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His back.
(d) His hand.
11. Who was a refugee from Grbavica and left everything behind?
12. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Zdravko Grebo.
(b) Goran Milic.
(c) Radonvan Karadzic.
(d) Marshal Tito.
13. What day of the week did Mirna plan on visiting at Filipovic's house?
14. What reserve unit did Zlata's father belong to?
(a) The Air Force reserve.
(b) The Army reserve.
(c) The Navy reserve.
(d) The police reserve.
15. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(a) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Zlata get moved up to in tennis?
2. What kind of pictures did Filipovic paste in a notebook?
3. Which side of the Filipovic's house was dangerous?
4. What kept Filipovich company even though it was in the "dangerous room"?
5. Which section of town was being shelled in April 1992?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)