|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
(a) In the house and cellar.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) At the UN headquarters.
(d) At the school.
2. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
(a) Water running through a tap.
(b) A tin horse trough.
(c) A jug.
(d) A bucket.
3. How did Martina and Matea travel to Krsko?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By car.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
4. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
(b) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(c) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(d) Her mom's photo album.
5. What was Filipovic's uncle's injury?
(a) He was wounded in the arm.
(b) He was shot in the head.
(c) He had shrapnel in his chest.
(d) He was wounded in the leg.
6. On May 29, 1992, what fell on the house across the way?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A brick that someone threw.
(c) A ball someone threw.
(d) A shell.
7. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(a) Cloth Sheets.
8. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
(a) Captain at Fifteen.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Around the World in 80 Days.
9. How did Zlata's family find out Srdjan was alive?
(a) A soldier told them.
(b) Ham radio.
10. According to Filipovich's October 27, 1992 entry, where might Maja and Bojana be going?
11. Who was a well-known newscaster and one of the founders of the YUTEL television station?
(a) Marshal Tito.
(b) Radonvan Karadzic.
(c) Goran Milic.
(d) Zdravko Grebo.
12. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) One hour.
13. Who was the woman who helped at Filipovich's home when her mom was not feeling well?
14. What did "RFI" stand for?
(a) Redeem France Incorporated.
(b) Radio French Incorporated.
(c) Random Free Icecream.
(d) Radio France Internationale.
15. Now that most of her closest friends moved away, who are Filipovic's best friends?
(a) Jaca and Dado.
(b) Vanja and Andrej.
(c) Martina and Matea.
(d) Bojana and Maja.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did mommy's Braco go?
2. Filipovich was once told that what was the most wonderful time of your life?
3. What did Filipovich's father find in the attic?
4. What was the name of the street that had to shells explode in on May 27th, 1992?
5. What was the significance of March 8th when the art teacher brought in a picture?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)