|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great symbol in Sarajevo burned up despite firefighters' effort to save it?
(a) The Capitol building.
(b) Filipovic's school.
(c) Zetra Hall.
(d) The UN headquarters.
2. What did Zlata's dad wait hours in line for and sometimes at night receive?
(d) His paycheck.
3. What did Filipovich and her family put over the windows after they were blown out by a shell that exploded near the house?
(c) Cloth Sheets.
4. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The adventure of getting school supplies.
(b) The boredom of staying at home.
(c) The holiday on the seaside.
(d) The war.
5. What were the only days when neighbors relaxed, spent time together, and cheered up?
6. Why did Filipovic's father run across the bridge to get?
(c) Filipovic's Grandma and Granddad.
7. What was Silva Rizvanbegovic's occupation?
(a) She was a doctor.
(b) She was a laywer.
(c) She was a boutique owner.
(d) She was on the police force.
8. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
(b) Marti and Maty.
(c) Mart and Maty.
(d) Mart and Mat.
9. What is the "most beautiful mountain in the world" according to Zlata?
10. Who lost their life in the attack?
11. What was destroyed by a shell on June 14, 1992?
(a) Filipovich's house.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The Capitol Building.
(d) Zoka's jewelry shop.
12. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
13. Who was going to publish Filipovich's diary?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) An American Publisher.
(d) The Red Cross.
14. How long did Filipovic's father stand in line for a UN Humanitarian package?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Eight hours.
15. What day of the week did Mirna plan on visiting at Filipovic's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the General of the Yugoslav Army?
2. Where did Filipovic's father cut wood with the electric saw?
3. Who cut Filipovich's hair since all the hairdresser's shops were closed?
4. On June 5, 1992, what was becoming a big problem in Sarajevo?
5. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)