|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a shell fall on May 7, 1992?
(a) On the neighbor's house.
(b) The park in front of Filipovic's house.
(c) In Filipovic's yard.
(d) In Filipovic's house.
2. What did "RFI" stand for?
(a) Radio France Internationale.
(b) Random Free Icecream.
(c) Radio French Incorporated.
(d) Redeem France Incorporated.
3. What book was Filipovich reading at 11:10 at night?
(a) Around the World in 80 Days.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) Captain at Fifteen.
(d) Moby Dick.
4. What fan club was Zlata trying to join?
(a) Madonna's fan club.
(b) Michael Jackson's fan club.
(c) Nirvana's fan club.
(d) New Kid on the Block's fan club.
5. Now that most of her closest friends moved away, who are Filipovic's best friends?
(a) Jaca and Dado.
(b) Martina and Matea.
(c) Vanja and Andrej.
(d) Bojana and Maja.
6. What did Filipovic's family use to take a shower?
(a) A tin horse trough.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A jug.
(d) Water running through a tap.
7. How many days did Zlata finally celebrate her eleventh birthday?
8. Who was killed by a shell that fell in front of the community center on September 15, 1992?
9. Where did Filipovich spend most days in July 1992?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) At the UN headquarters.
(d) In the house and cellar.
10. Who brought Filipovic a kitten on July 11, 1992?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
11. What did Zlata get to discuss when returning to school?
(a) The holiday on the seaside.
(b) The adventure of getting school supplies.
(c) The war.
(d) The boredom of staying at home.
12. What color of berets were the men wearing at the UN peace force command?
13. What did Mirna show Filipovich when she visited her house on October 14, 1992?
(a) Fashion designs and her cat Cici.
(b) Her mom's photo album.
(c) Fashion designs and her dog Gule.
(d) The newest edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
14. In April of 1992, what town did Filipovic's dad return from where he was upset?
15. What was "our life" according to Filipovich on August 5, 1992?
(a) The war.
(b) The city.
(c) The house.
(d) The neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zlata call Martina and Matea for short?
2. What was Filipovic's class going to attend at Skenderija Hall?
3. What was Silva Rizvanbegovic's occupation?
4. How did Filipovic's father power the radio after the battery died?
5. What clubs did Filipovich sign up for in August of 1992?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)