Pages 1 - 20
* Zlata Filipovic returned to school after not seeing her friends since the beginning of summer break.
* Filipovic and her friends shared stories about their summers.
* Filipovic continued to take piano and tennis lessons.
* Filipovic's family spent several weekends at their farm house in Crnotina.
* When the war began to breakout, Filipovic's father was called into the police reserves.
* Filipovic suggested the chances of war were nearly "impossible."
* War broke out in Dubrovnik where Srdjan, a family friend, lived.
* Filipovic was suffering from a sinus infection and eventually went to the doctor for antibiotics.
* The Filipovic family celebrated the traditional Christmas with a tree, decorations, and presents as the war loomed.
Pages 21 - 40
* Filipovic enjoyed American culture by watching MTV and American movies like Top Gun and The Witches of Eastwick.
* Filipovic described how going to Jahorina skiing and sledding brought up her spirits.
* Filipovic and her...
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)