Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Pages 1 - 20 Abstract
* Zlata Filipovic returned to school after not seeing her friends since the beginning of summer break.
* Filipovic and her friends shared stories about their summers.
* Filipovic continued to take piano and tennis lessons.
Pages 21 - 40 Abstract
* Filipovic's family spent several weekends at their farm house in Crnotina.
* When the war began to breakout...
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)