|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The USS Yorktown was used as the test-bed for what Navy program beginning in 1996?
(a) The Drone program.
(b) The Eastern Invasion program.
(c) The Subatomic program.
(d) The Smart Ship program.
2. Filippo Brunelleschi famously engineered the dome of what cathedral?
(a) Metz Cathedral.
(b) The Nidaros Cathedral.
(c) The Oulu Cathedral.
(d) The Florence Cathedral.
3. The ancient Babylonians are credited with the creation of what calculation tool?
(a) The stick-stone.
(b) The abacus.
(c) The calculator.
(d) The computer.
4. Copernicus developed what kind of model of the universe?
(a) A heliocentric model.
(b) A culture centric model.
(c) A lunar centric model.
(d) A geocentric model.
5. The word “Renaissance” derives from what meaning?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient Egyptians are credited with creating what numerical system?
2. The author states in Chapter 3, “Nothing Ventured” that the Indians borrowed Greek geometry but never worried about what?
3. What god within Hinduism represents both creator and destroyer?
4. What was the Pythagorean cult’s most sacred symbol because it contained the golden ratio?
5. The House of Wisdom was based in Baghdad during what centuries?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)