|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what written work did Aristotle describe Zeno of Elea’s paradox of motion?
2. What god within Hinduism represents both creator and destroyer?
3. The author states in Chapter 3, “Nothing Ventured” that Indian mathematicians first learned of zero from the Babylonians by way of what?
(a) The Greek conquest.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Roman conquest.
4. When did Nicholas of Cusa live?
5. Pythagoreanism was a cult that greatly influenced what philosophical system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately when was Zeno of Elea born?
2. When did the Protestant Reformation begin?
3. Copernicus developed what kind of model of the universe?
4. In 1996 and 1997, the USS Yorktown was equipped with a network of how many dual 200 MHz Pentium Pro-based computers running Windows NT 4.0?
5. The author states in Chapter 3, “Nothing Ventured” that for the Indians, numerals without geometric significance gave birth to what field of mathematics?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)