|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The introduction of nothingness and zero into Jewish theology led in part to what offshoot Jewish mysticism?
2. Aristotle was a student of what Classical Greek philosopher?
3. What term refers to an argument that produces an inconsistency?
4. When the Indians adopted a Babylonian style number system, its base was what, according to the author in Chapter 3, “Nothing Ventured”?
5. What was the Pythagorean cult’s most sacred symbol because it contained the golden ratio?
(a) The hexagram.
(b) The sphere.
(c) The diamond.
(d) The pentagram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately when did Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Khwarizmi live?
2. How is zero represented in Roman numerals?
3. The ancient Egyptians used math to create what type of calendar?
4. The ancient Babylonians had a number system based on what increment?
5. What 12 Century rabbi sought to reconcile Greek philosophy with the Semitic Bible?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)