|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author refer to as “zero’s twin” in the book?
2. The author states in Chapter 3, “Nothing Ventured” that India adopted a Babylonian style number system around what century?
(a) 2nd Century.
(b) 5th Century.
(c) 6th Century.
(d) 1st Century.
3. In 1996 and 1997, the USS Yorktown was equipped with a network of how many dual 200 MHz Pentium Pro-based computers running Windows NT 4.0?
4. Approximately when did Pythagoras live?
(a) 684-610 BC.
(b) 1200-1195 BC.
(c) 481-412 BC.
(d) 570-495 BC.
5. What refers to a system of tribunals developed by the Holy See of the Roman Catholic Church during the second half of the 16th Century?
(a) The Roman Inquisition.
(b) The Catalina Inquisition.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Medieval Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any number multiplied by zero equals what?
2. What was the fifth element that Aristotle proposed, in addition to earth, water, fire, and air?
3. Where was Giordano Bruno from?
4. Aristotle referred to Zeno of Elea as the inventor of what?
5. What term refers to the religious or philosophical concept that the soul is reborn after biological death?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)