|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Narrator is beginning to work out ways to
2. Dialectic pertains to all the following EXCEPT
3. In the "train of knowledge" analogy
4. When Quality is subtracted from the world as Phaedrus knew it, he discovered that the fine arts disappeared. What else disappeared?
5. The first phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of the term Quality was
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the bottom of the ocean symbolize? Do you think the Narrator and Chris meet there? What do they find out about themselves and each other as they attempt to meet? What is the result?
Essay Topic 2
At what point in the book did you realize that Phaedrus and the Narrator are the same person? What clues are given? At what point do the two actually merge into one and the same person in the book? Give reasons for your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Give and explain three examples of the Narrator's fascination with detail and care.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)