|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
2. When the student could not write an essay on Bozeman, Phaedrus told her to
3. When Chris falls down, he
4. Although Phaedrus was sure he had found the right Ph.D. program, he discovered that his thesis idea was opposed to the views of
5. When Quality is subtracted, all EXCEPT the following are true:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Chris want to "go back" to? What does he miss? Is it possible for him, or for them, to go back? Why or why not? What will it take to go forward?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Narrator mean when he says "Quality is the point of common understanding between the classic and romantic worlds. . . A real understanding of Quality captures the System, tames it, and puts it to work for one's own personal use, while leaving one completely free to fulfill his inner destiny."
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Phaedrus was a good father? Do you think the Narrator at the beginning of the book was a good father? Do you think the Narrator at the end of the book was a good father? Back your answers with examples to prove your points.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)