|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are synonyms for "metaphysical" EXCEPT
2. Chris found some funny plants out on the rocks in the ocean, but it turned out the plants were really animals called
3. Phaedrus was admitted to the program, but
4. Which of the following statements about modern technology was NOT part of the Narrator's feelings?
5. The second phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of Quality included all EXCEPT
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give and explain three examples of the Narrator's fascination with detail and care.
Essay Topic 2
Plato often used names for his characters that suggested the nature of their personalities. When the author chose the name "Phaedrus," he thought it meant wolf. When the Narrator is describing Phaedrus' contemplations, he describes a meeting with a timber wolf (chapter 7). How does the reader come to the conclusion that Phaedrus and wolf have some commonalities? "Phaedrus" actually means brilliant while "lykos" means wolf in Greek. Explain how both wolf and brilliant apply to Phaedrus / the Narrator.
Essay Topic 3
How can technology best be pursued and used to enrich human life rather than degrading humans? Give examples. How can technology be art? Can you think of some examples?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)