|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter,
2. The Narrator is beginning to work out ways to
3. The Chairman skips Socrates' description of
4. Poincaré's "subliminal self" corresponds to Phaedrus'
5. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Phaedrus was a good father? Do you think the Narrator at the beginning of the book was a good father? Do you think the Narrator at the end of the book was a good father? Back your answers with examples to prove your points.
Essay Topic 2
The allegory of a physical mountain for a spiritual one is quite common in religious literature. In what ways can the Narrator's journey to reconnect with himself be compared to climbing a mountain?
Essay Topic 3
What gave Phaedrus permission to keep haunting the author? Where should the author have buried Phaedrus? How would this have been possible?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)