|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris want to know about his father?
2. When Chris falls down, he
3. Although Phaedrus was sure he had found the right Ph.D. program, he discovered that his thesis idea was opposed to the views of
4. The first phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of the term Quality was
5. Phaedrus decided that schools teach people to
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The allegory of a physical mountain for a spiritual one is quite common in religious literature. In what ways can the Narrator's journey to reconnect with himself be compared to climbing a mountain?
Essay Topic 2
Various types of evidence can be used as proof of something. Hard evidence of having gone to a concert would be the ticket stub. Memories of what was sung at the concert would be another type of evidence. Intuition that proves true about the best parking spot for the concert is a third type of evidence. Give one example of each of four ways in which the Narrator knows that Phaedrus existed.
Essay Topic 3
What does the bottom of the ocean symbolize? Do you think the Narrator and Chris meet there? What do they find out about themselves and each other as they attempt to meet? What is the result?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)