|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
2. What is the name of the second hurricane?
3. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
4. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
5. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
2. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
3. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
4. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
5. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
6. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
7. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
8. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
9. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
10. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)