|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
2. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
3. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
4. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
5. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
2. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
3. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
4. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
5. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
6. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
7. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
8. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
9. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
10. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
How does knowing that Hurricane Katrina was a real historical event change the way you view this book and the events in it?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)