|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
2. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
3. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
4. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
5. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
2. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
3. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
4. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
5. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
8. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
9. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
10. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)