|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
2. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
3. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
4. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
5. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
2. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
3. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
4. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
5. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
6. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
7. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
8. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
9. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
10. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Zeitoun's religion affect his life for both good and bad throughout the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)