|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
2. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
3. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
4. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
5. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Zeitoun endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)