|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
2. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
3. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
4. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
5. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
2. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
3. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
4. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
5. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
6. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
7. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
8. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
9. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
10. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How do Zeitoun and his family respond to the traumatic trials they endure in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)