|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taken from Todd during processing?
2. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
3. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
4. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
5. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How do Zeitoun and his family respond to the traumatic trials they endure in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)