|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
2. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
3. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
4. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
5. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
2. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
3. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
4. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
5. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
6. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
7. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
8. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
9. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
10. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout "Zeitoun"?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)