|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
2. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
3. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
4. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
5. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
2. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
3. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
4. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
5. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
6. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
7. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
8. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
9. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
10. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)