|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taken from Todd during processing?
2. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
3. What is the death toll when Kathy picks her kids up from the new school?
4. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
5. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
2. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
3. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
4. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
5. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
6. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
7. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
8. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
9. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
10. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)