|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
2. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
3. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
4. What country does a news segment about the prisoners?
5. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
2. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
3. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
4. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
5. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
6. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
7. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
8. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
9. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
10. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)