|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
2. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
3. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
4. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
5. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
2. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
3. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
4. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
5. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
6. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
7. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
8. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
9. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
10. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How is Kathy supported during her trials in this book, and why is this a bit surprising?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)