|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
2. Where is the Darkening Found?
3. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
4. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
5. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
2. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
3. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
4. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
5. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
6. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
7. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
8. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
9. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
10. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Zeitoun and his family respond to the traumatic trials they endure in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Zeitoun endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)