|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
2. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
3. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
4. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
5. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
2. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
3. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
4. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
5. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
6. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
7. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
8. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
9. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
10. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Zeitoun's religion affect his life for both good and bad throughout the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)