|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
2. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
3. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
4. What is the name of the second hurricane?
5. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
2. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
3. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
4. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
5. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
6. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
7. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
8. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
9. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
10. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)