|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
2. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
3. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
4. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
5. What does Kathy want saved from the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
2. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
3. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
4. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
5. What is a hijab?
6. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
7. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
8. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
9. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
10. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
"Zeitoun" takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Eggers have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)