|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
2. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
3. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
4. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
5. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
2. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
3. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
4. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
5. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
6. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
7. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
8. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
9. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
10. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Zeitoun and his family respond to the traumatic trials they endure in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
Essay Topic 3
How does knowing that Hurricane Katrina was a real historical event change the way you view this book and the events in it?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)