|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
2. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
3. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
4. How many children does Zeitoun have?
5. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
2. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
3. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
4. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
5. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
6. What does FEMA do for Zeitoun after the flood?
7. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
8. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
9. What does Zeitoun say the flood experience did for him?
10. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)