Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
2. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
3. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
4. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
5. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
2. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
3. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
4. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
5. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
8. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
9. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
10. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)