|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
2. How many children does Zeitoun have?
3. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
4. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
5. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
2. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
3. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
4. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
5. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
6. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
7. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
8. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
9. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
10. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Zeitoun's religion affect his life for both good and bad throughout the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)