|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
2. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
3. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
4. What is Katrina?
5. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contraflow?
2. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
3. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
4. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
5. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
6. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
7. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
8. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
9. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
10. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this plot. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)