|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
2. How many children does Zeitoun have?
3. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
5. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
2. What is the contraflow?
3. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
4. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
5. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
6. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
7. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
8. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
9. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
10. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Zeitoun's relationship with Kathy change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout "Zeitoun"?
Essay Topic 3
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)