|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
2. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
3. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
4. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
5. What is Katrina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
2. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
3. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
4. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
5. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
6. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
7. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
8. What is a hijab?
9. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
10. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does knowing that Hurricane Katrina was a real historical event change the way you view this book and the events in it?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)