|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
2. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
3. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
2. What does Zeitoun say the flood experience did for him?
3. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
4. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
5. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
6. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
7. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
8. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
9. What is wrong with what FEMA does for Zeitoun after the flood?
10. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
Essay Topic 1
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Zeitoun endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)