|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
2. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
3. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
4. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
5. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
2. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
3. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
4. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
5. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
6. What is wrong with what FEMA does for Zeitoun after the flood?
7. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
8. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
9. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
10. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeitoun is incredibly stubborn. What are some of the good and bad things that come to Zeitoun and his family through this stubborn nature?
Essay Topic 2
How do Zeitoun and his family respond to the traumatic trials they endure in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Zeitoun"?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)