|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
2. Where does Kathy stay after hearing about the flood?
3. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
2. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
3. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
4. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
5. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
6. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
7. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
8. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
9. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
10. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeitoun endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Discrimination was a theme of this book that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of discrimination present itself, and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Zeitoun's religion affect his life for both good and bad throughout the plot of this book?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)