|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
2. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She lets them call their father.
(b) She lets them choose a new school.
(c) She assures them the dog is safe.
(d) She says they get to pick new furniture.
3. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) The blood on the roof.
(b) The gross water.
(c) How peaceful it looks.
(d) The floating body.
4. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
5. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
2. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
3. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
4. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
5. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
2. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
3. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
4. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
5. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
8. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
9. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
10. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)