|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
2. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
(a) He sends letters.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He sits in the corner and cries.
(d) He buys supplies.
3. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are not for prisoners.
(b) They aren't working.
(c) They are busy.
(d) The lines need to remain open.
4. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) All of these.
(b) A phone call to loved ones.
(c) To know what he is arrested for.
(d) Right to an attorney.
5. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her connection to Zeitoun.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
2. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
3. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
4. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
5. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
2. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
3. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
4. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
5. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
6. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
7. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
8. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
9. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
10. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)