|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He watched the news.
(b) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(c) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(d) He called all the properties.
2. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
3. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) An evacuation site.
(d) A helicopter pad.
4. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The cages.
(c) The language.
(d) The flood lights.
5. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
(b) Homeland security.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
2. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
3. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
4. What kind of bus is Zeitoun put on when he is taken to the Hunt Correctional Center?
5. What is the death toll when Kathy picks her kids up from the new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
2. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
3. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
4. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
5. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
8. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
9. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
10. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)