|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
2. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) Her friend lives there.
(b) It is the only property with a working phone.
(c) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
(d) FEMA officials are near it.
3. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The military orders.
(b) The second levy break.
(c) The second hurricane.
(d) The gangs.
4. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) She reads it in a magazine.
(c) She hears it on the radio.
(d) She hears it on the news.
5. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
(a) They know their house is ruined.
(b) Their school is destroyed.
(c) They miss their father.
(d) They think their dogs died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
2. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
3. What kind of bus is Zeitoun put on when he is taken to the Hunt Correctional Center?
4. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
5. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
2. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
3. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
4. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
5. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
6. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
7. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
8. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
9. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
10. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)