|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) She looks on the internet.
(b) It is shown on TV.
(c) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(d) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
2. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
3. What is the name of the second hurricane?
4. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
5. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
(a) A picture.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) A video.
(d) His birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
2. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
3. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
4. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
5. What kind of weapons are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house using?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
2. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
3. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
4. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
5. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
6. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
7. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
8. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
9. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
10. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)