|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(d) Sri Lanka.
2. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She knows when they can return.
(b) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(c) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(d) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
3. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
4. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
(c) It is shown on TV.
(d) She looks on the internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
2. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
3. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
4. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
5. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
2. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
3. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
4. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
5. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
6. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
7. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
8. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
9. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
10. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)