|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) They have to move on.
(b) Zeitoun wanted her to.
(c) They have missed a lot of time.
(d) All of these.
2. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
(a) Their school is destroyed.
(b) They miss their father.
(c) They know their house is ruined.
(d) They think their dogs died.
3. What country does a news segment about the prisoners?
4. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
5. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
2. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
3. What year does this take place in?
4. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
5. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
2. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
3. What does Zeitoun feel guilty about while he is awaiting medical treatment?
4. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
5. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
6. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
7. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
8. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
9. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
10. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)