|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
(a) They know their house is ruined.
(b) Their school is destroyed.
(c) They think their dogs died.
(d) They miss their father.
2. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(a) Sri Lanka.
3. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
(a) Dirty water.
(c) Pepper Spray.
4. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second hurricane.
(b) The gangs.
(c) The military orders.
(d) The second levy break.
5. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fake IDs.
(c) Some ammo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
2. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
3. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
4. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
5. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
2. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
3. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
4. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
5. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
6. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
7. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
8. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
9. Why is Ahmad so upset when he learns that Zeitoun is in prison?
10. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)