|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
(a) All of these.
(b) They are made fun of for their religion.
(c) They are called gay lovers.
(d) They are pit against each other.
2. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her connection to Zeitoun.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her illness.
3. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
(a) Calling him gay.
(b) Not feeding them appropriate food.
(c) Not letting him call his wife.
(d) Keeping him in the dark.
4. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
(a) Dirty water.
(d) Pepper Spray.
5. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
2. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
3. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
4. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
5. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
2. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
3. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
4. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
5. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
6. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
7. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
8. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
9. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
10. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)