|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) Zeitoun wanted her to.
(b) All of these.
(c) They have to move on.
(d) They have missed a lot of time.
2. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) He asks about his wife.
(b) All of these.
(c) He cries.
(d) He prays.
3. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The cages.
(b) The flood lights.
(c) The language.
(d) The dogs.
4. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(d) Sri Lanka.
5. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She lets them choose a new school.
(b) She says they get to pick new furniture.
(c) She assures them the dog is safe.
(d) She lets them call their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
2. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
3. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
4. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
5. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
2. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
3. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
4. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
5. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
6. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
7. What does Kathy have to do to fulfill the bail requirements for her husband?
8. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
9. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
10. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)