|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) How peaceful it looks.
(b) The gross water.
(c) The blood on the roof.
(d) The floating body.
2. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
(a) Calling him gay.
(b) Not feeding them appropriate food.
(c) Not letting him call his wife.
(d) Keeping him in the dark.
4. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She knows when they can return.
(b) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(c) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(d) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
5. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A military stronghold.
(b) A battle ground.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Complete chaos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does this take place in?
2. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
3. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
4. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
5. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
2. What is Zeitoun mocked about when a second set of pictures is taken?
3. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
4. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
5. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. What does Kathy do when she is not told where her husband's trial will be held?
8. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
9. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
10. How does Kathy hear where her husband has been?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)