|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) Right to an attorney.
(b) All of these.
(c) To know what he is arrested for.
(d) A phone call to loved ones.
2. How does Zeitoun treat his infection while he is arrested?
(a) He prays.
(b) He buys some disinfectant.
(c) He makes a poultice.
(d) He cuts it out.
3. Where is the Darkening Found?
(a) A text book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Quran.
(d) A poetry book.
4. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She says they get to pick new furniture.
(b) She assures them the dog is safe.
(c) She lets them call their father.
(d) She lets them choose a new school.
5. What is the death toll when Kathy picks her kids up from the new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
2. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
3. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
4. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
5. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeitoun get a message out of prison and to his wife?
2. What gives Kathy comfort while her husband is missing?
3. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
4. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
5. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. Why don't Zeitoun and Nasser talk much while in their cell?
8. What happens just after Kathy and her daughter say a prayer in the living?
9. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
10. Why hasn't Kathy been able to hear from Zeitoun for two weeks?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)