|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
2. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The old pier.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) The market.
3. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(a) Substitute teacher.
4. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) To make people uncomfortable.
(b) For her children.
(c) To bother her family.
(d) For her husband.
5. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) He shares his father's name.
(b) His first is hard to pronounce.
(c) His buddies always called him that.
(d) His name changed when he migrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
2. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
3. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
4. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
5. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
2. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
3. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
4. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
5. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
6. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
7. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
8. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
9. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
10. What is a hijab?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)