|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(a) Pain medication.
2. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) Gas lamps.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) His cell phone.
3. What is Katrina?
(a) A tree.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A truck.
4. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The old pier.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) The market.
5. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) It has been damaged.
(d) He is too scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
2. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
3. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
4. What city was Zeitoun born in?
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contraflow?
2. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
3. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
4. What is a hijab?
5. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
6. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
7. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
8. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
9. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
10. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)