|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
(a) Work with strangers.
(b) All of these.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Listen to the radio.
2. What makes Zeitoun enthusiastic during the flood?
(a) He repairs some damage.
(b) He makes money.
(c) He saves people.
(d) He talks to his wife.
3. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
(a) The holiday season is coming.
(b) A hurricane is coming.
(c) He has more time.
(d) His just graduated.
4. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The sea.
(b) The gutters.
(c) The lake.
(d) The rain.
5. How many children does Zeitoun have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
2. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
3. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
4. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
5. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
2. What is a hijab?
3. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
4. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
5. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
6. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
7. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
8. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
9. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
10. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)