|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
2. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Playing loud music.
(b) Waving a white sheet.
(d) Shooting up flares.
3. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
4. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When coming home from work.
(b) When taking her to school.
(c) When moving to a new house.
(d) When bringing her home from the hospital.
5. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
(b) Fishing boat.
(d) Military boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
2. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
3. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
4. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
5. Where was Ahmad from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
2. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
3. What is the contraflow?
4. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
5. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
6. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
7. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
8. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
9. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
10. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)