|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(c) Substitute teacher.
2. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The gutters.
(b) The rain.
(c) The sea.
(d) The lake.
3. What does Kathy want saved from the flood?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her china.
(c) Her jewelery.
(d) Her box.
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(c) He gets to play at the lake.
(d) He told her to come home.
5. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
2. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
3. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
4. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
5. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
2. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
3. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
4. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
5. What is a hijab?
6. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
7. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
8. What is the contraflow?
9. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
10. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)