Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A dump.
(c) A sea.
(d) A wasteland.
2. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The couch.
(d) The roof.
3. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) It would take too much time.
(b) He wants to protect his home.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) He feels he has a purpose there.
4. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) The church.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
5. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
2. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
3. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
4. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
5. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
2. What were some of the people incarcerated with Zeitoun arrested for?
3. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
4. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
5. What kind of medical symptoms does Zeitoun experience before he gets help?
6. What causes the mayor to delay the reopening of the city?
7. What deal are the men in the cell with Zeitoun offered?
8. After Zeitoun has been missing for more than a week, what does his family hope for?
9. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
10. Who is Raleigh, and what problem does he have in helping Zeitoun?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)