|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her husband.
(b) To make people uncomfortable.
(c) To bother her family.
(d) For her children.
2. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) Land line calls.
(d) Text message.
3. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) Rushing water.
4. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He sees that it have reeds in it.
(b) He sees it flowing from the north.
(c) He watches the heavy rain fall.
(d) He sees that it is not salt water.
5. What city was Zeitoun born in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
2. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
3. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
4. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
5. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
2. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
3. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
4. What is a hijab?
5. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
6. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
7. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
8. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
9. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
10. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)