|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
2. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(b) All of these.
3. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The church.
4. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
5. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(b) He told her to come home.
(c) He gets to play at the lake.
(d) He can't swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
2. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
3. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
4. What contaminates the water in the flood?
5. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
2. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
3. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
4. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
5. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
6. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
7. What is a hijab?
8. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
9. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
10. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)