|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
2. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
(a) The sirens.
(b) The animal howls.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The silence.
3. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) The couch.
(b) The roof.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The bathtub.
4. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
5. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
2. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
3. How many children does Zeitoun have?
4. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
2. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
3. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
4. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
5. What is a hijab?
6. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
7. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
8. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
9. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
10. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)