|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
2. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
3. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her children.
(b) To bother her family.
(c) For her husband.
(d) To make people uncomfortable.
4. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When coming home from work.
(b) When bringing her home from the hospital.
(c) When moving to a new house.
(d) When taking her to school.
5. Where does Yuko live?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) Salt Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
2. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
3. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
4. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
5. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news comes to Kathy after she learns her husband has been arrested?
2. What keeps Kathy from going home like she wanted to?
3. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
4. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
5. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
6. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
7. What makes Kathy decide to put her kids in a school in Phoenix?
8. How does Kathy cheer up her daughters when they realize their entire house is under water?
9. What problems did Zeiton have in prison, and what caused them?
10. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)