|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(b) Waving a white sheet.
(c) Shooting up flares.
(d) Playing loud music.
2. Where does Yuko live?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) Baton Rouge.
3. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
4. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
5. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) The old pier.
(c) The market.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
2. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
3. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
4. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
5. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
2. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
3. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
4. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
5. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
6. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
7. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
8. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
9. What is the contraflow?
10. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)