|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
(a) The animal howls.
(b) The sirens.
(c) The silence.
(d) The humidity.
2. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) It would cost too much money.
(c) It would take too much time.
(d) He feels he has a purpose there.
3. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
4. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) His cell phone.
(d) Gas lamps.
5. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
2. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
3. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
4. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
5. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a hijab?
2. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
3. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
4. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
5. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
6. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
7. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
8. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
9. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
10. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)