|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(b) Pain medication.
2. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
(a) Military boat.
(c) Fishing boat.
3. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(b) To get some work done.
(c) To keep her children safe.
(d) To avoid her family.
4. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he drives to work.
(b) When he goes to church.
(c) When he eats dinner.
(d) When he gets letters.
5. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
2. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
3. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
4. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
5. What makes Zeitoun enthusiastic during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
2. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
3. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
4. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
5. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
6. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
7. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
8. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
9. What is a hijab?
10. What is the contraflow?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)