|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The rain.
(b) The gutters.
(c) The lake.
(d) The sea.
2. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he gets letters.
(b) When he drives to work.
(c) When he goes to church.
(d) When he eats dinner.
3. What does Kathy want saved from the flood?
(a) Her china.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her jewelery.
(d) Her box.
4. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 7 feet.
(b) 11 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
5. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
2. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
3. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
4. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
5. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
2. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
3. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
4. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
5. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
6. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
7. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
8. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
9. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
10. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)