|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
2. What is Katrina?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A truck.
(c) A tree.
(d) A tornado.
3. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
4. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To get some work done.
(b) To avoid her family.
(c) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(d) To keep her children safe.
5. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
(a) They text message.
(b) They meet in the office.
(c) They send e-mails.
(d) They call each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
2. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
3. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
4. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
5. How does Zeitoun get around the neighborhood during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contraflow?
2. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
3. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
4. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
5. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
6. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
7. Where does Zeitoun get some MREs, and what does he do with them?
8. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
9. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
10. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)