|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 11 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
2. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To keep her children safe.
(b) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(c) To avoid her family.
(d) To get some work done.
3. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
4. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
5. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For the electricity to come back on.
(b) For his children to wake up.
(c) For his wife to cough.
(d) For the alarm clock to ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
2. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
3. Where was Ahmad from?
4. How does Zeitoun get around the neighborhood during the flood?
5. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
2. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
3. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
4. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
5. What is a hijab?
6. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
7. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
8. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
9. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
10. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)