|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) He feels he has a purpose there.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) It would take too much time.
2. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
3. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He told her to come home.
(b) He gets to play at the lake.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
5. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) She is afraid of swimming.
(c) The canoe is sinking.
(d) She is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
2. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
3. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
4. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
5. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
2. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
3. What is a hijab?
4. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
5. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
6. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
7. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
8. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
9. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
10. How did Zeitoun begin his sea-faring career?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)