|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half mile.
(b) One half kilometer.
(c) One kilometer.
(d) One mile.
2. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his children to wake up.
(b) For the alarm clock to ring.
(c) For the electricity to come back on.
(d) For his wife to cough.
3. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has more time.
(b) A hurricane is coming.
(c) His just graduated.
(d) The holiday season is coming.
5. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
2. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
3. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
4. What is Katrina?
5. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
2. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
3. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
4. What makes Zeitoun feel nervous the night after the storm?
5. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
6. How does Zeitoun spread food and water without using up his own supply?
7. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
8. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
9. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
10. What warning does Ahmed give Zeitoun about Katrina?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)