|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) His name changed when he migrated.
(b) His buddies always called him that.
(c) His first is hard to pronounce.
(d) He shares his father's name.
2. What does Kathy want saved from the flood?
(a) Her box.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her jewelery.
(d) Her china.
3. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he eats dinner.
(b) When he drives to work.
(c) When he gets letters.
(d) When he goes to church.
4. What contaminates the water in the flood?
(b) All of these.
5. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
2. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
3. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
4. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
5. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
2. What does Alvin ask Zeitoun to do for him?
3. What do Zeitoun's daughters do the night before the storm?
4. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
5. How did Zeitoun's relationship with his wife progress when they first met?
6. What does Zeitoun plan to do after his family evacuates?
7. How does Zeitoun prepare for the predicted flooding?
8. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
9. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
10. What is a hijab?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)