|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
(a) It has been damaged.
(b) He is too scared.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) He misses his wife.
2. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
3. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) The canoe is sinking.
(b) She is afraid of swimming.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) She is too big.
4. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He sees it flowing from the north.
(b) He watches the heavy rain fall.
(c) He sees that it is not salt water.
(d) He sees that it have reeds in it.
5. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
2. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
3. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
4. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
5. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the mayor tell citizens to be armed with an axe if they did not evacuate?
2. What is Kathy dreading about the evacuation?
3. What favor does Todd do for Zeitoun?
4. What does Zeitoun remember about his oldest brother?
5. What is a hijab?
6. Why does Zeitoun not check out his office when he originally plans?
7. What makes it hard for Zeitoun to sleep at night after the second day of the flood?
8. What does Zeitoun do when he hears about a bloated body?
9. How did Zeitoun meet his wife?
10. What image from the wreckage of the flood is the hardest on Zeitoun?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)