|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
(b) Military boat.
(d) Fishing boat.
2. How many children does Zeitoun have?
3. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
(a) They call each other.
(b) They text message.
(c) They meet in the office.
(d) They send e-mails.
4. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) The market.
(c) The old pier.
(d) A restaurant.
5. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
2. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
3. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
5. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Zeitoun take after the flood?
2. How does Kathy see how much Aisha is suffering with her missing father?
3. What drove Kathy away from Christianity?
4. What does Kathy try to do to get justice after her husband is released?
5. How does Kathy see the damage to her house, and how does she respond?
6. How does Kathy try to get a hold of Zeitoun when he goes missing?
7. Why does Zeitoun tell Kathy he can't leave New Orleans at the beginning of the flood?
8. What surprises Zeitoun when he gets to the Tulane campus?
9. What does FEMA do for Zeitoun after the flood?
10. What are Zeitoun's kids afraid of after the flood?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)