|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The cages.
(b) The flood lights.
(c) The language.
(d) The dogs.
2. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(b) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(c) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(d) She knows when they can return.
3. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
(a) Red cross uniforms.
(b) Mismatched military clothing.
(c) Black from head to toe.
(d) Police uniforms.
4. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(b) He called all the properties.
(c) He watched the news.
(d) He repeatedly called Kathy.
5. What kind of weapons are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house using?
(c) All of these.
6. What is taken from Todd during processing?
(a) Some blue prints.
(b) A camera.
(c) Some stolen IDs.
(d) A memory chip.
7. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He is a good swimmer.
(b) He is too smart.
(c) He has good friends.
(d) He has God's protection.
8. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
(a) Call her homes.
(b) Fret and worry.
(d) Crochet blankets.
9. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
(a) She hears it on the radio.
(b) She reads it in a magazine.
(c) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(d) She hears it on the news.
10. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(a) Sri Lanka.
11. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are busy.
(b) They are not for prisoners.
(c) The lines need to remain open.
(d) They aren't working.
12. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
(a) He doesn't speak good English.
(b) He was a marine.
(c) He is Arab.
(d) He has no ID.
13. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband has a warrant out.
(b) Her husband looks Latin.
(c) Her husband is Arab.
(d) Her husband always fights for the right.
14. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
15. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
2. What is the death toll when Kathy picks her kids up from the new school?
3. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
4. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
5. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)