|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
(a) They are made fun of for their religion.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are pit against each other.
(d) They are called gay lovers.
2. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
3. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A hospital.
(b) Complete chaos.
(c) A battle ground.
(d) A military stronghold.
4. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
(a) He sends letters.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He sits in the corner and cries.
(d) He buys supplies.
5. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She knows when they can return.
(b) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(c) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(d) They are going back to their grandma's house.
6. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
7. When did Zeitoun's worries about special attention from military men begin?
(b) When he converted to Islam.
(c) When he immigrated.
(d) His 30th birthday.
8. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) The blood on the roof.
(b) The floating body.
(c) How peaceful it looks.
(d) The gross water.
9. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
(a) Her kids can't go to school.
(b) Their house is still under water.
(c) Her mother is mad at her.
(d) Zeitoun stops calling her.
10. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her connection to Zeitoun.
(d) Her faith.
11. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
12. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
(a) A picture.
(b) His birth certificate.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) A video.
13. What is the name of the second hurricane?
14. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(b) He calls Kathy every day.
(c) He prays.
(d) He works overtime shifts.
15. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They aren't working.
(b) They are busy.
(c) They are not for prisoners.
(d) The lines need to remain open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does a news segment about the prisoners?
2. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
3. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
4. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
5. Where is the Darkening Found?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)