|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
(b) Her friend lives there.
(c) FEMA officials are near it.
(d) It is the only property with a working phone.
2. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
(b) Homeland security.
(c) The government.
(d) The FBI.
3. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are busy.
(b) The lines need to remain open.
(c) They aren't working.
(d) They are not for prisoners.
4. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A splinter.
(c) A cut.
(d) All of these.
5. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) It is shown on TV.
(c) She looks on the internet.
(d) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
6. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
7. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
8. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
(a) She doesn't want him to go.
(b) She wants him to pray about it.
(c) She is excited to see him.
(d) She is happy he is going to help.
9. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
10. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
(a) Police uniforms.
(b) Mismatched military clothing.
(c) Red cross uniforms.
(d) Black from head to toe.
11. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to move on with her life.
(b) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
(c) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
(d) She wants to find Zeitoun.
12. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He watched the news.
(b) He called all the properties.
(c) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(d) He repeatedly called Kathy.
13. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
(a) In the newspapers.
(b) On the news.
(c) On phone calls.
(d) From FEMA reports.
14. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
(a) FEMA officials.
(b) Police men.
(c) Friends in the area.
15. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He prays.
(b) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(c) He calls Kathy every day.
(d) He works overtime shifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
2. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
3. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
4. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
5. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)