|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
2. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He has good friends.
(b) He has God's protection.
(c) He is a good swimmer.
(d) He is too smart.
3. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
(a) In the newspapers.
(b) From FEMA reports.
(c) On phone calls.
(d) On the news.
4. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
(a) He has no ID.
(b) He doesn't speak good English.
(c) He is Arab.
(d) He was a marine.
5. How does Zeitoun treat his infection while he is arrested?
(a) He makes a poultice.
(b) He cuts it out.
(c) He buys some disinfectant.
(d) He prays.
6. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
(a) A splinter.
(b) A bruise.
(c) A cut.
(d) All of these.
7. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
(a) She is grateful for their support.
(b) She is glad they are praying.
(c) She wants them all to come help find him.
(d) She wishes they would stop calling her.
8. What year does this take place in?
9. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
10. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
11. What is involved in the criminal processing?
(a) All of these.
(c) Finger printing.
12. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
(a) Clumps come out when she brushes Aisha's hair.
(b) She hears Zachary praying and crying.
(c) Her own hair is turning gray.
(d) Ahmad calls every day in tears.
13. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
(a) She is happy he is going to help.
(b) She wants him to pray about it.
(c) She doesn't want him to go.
(d) She is excited to see him.
14. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He works overtime shifts.
(b) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(c) He calls Kathy every day.
(d) He prays.
15. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) It is shown on TV.
(b) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
(c) She looks on the internet.
(d) She sees it in a FEMA report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
2. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
3. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
4. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
5. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)