|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
(a) He has no ID.
(b) He is Arab.
(c) He doesn't speak good English.
(d) He was a marine.
2. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
(a) He didn't turn in his canoe.
(b) He disobeyed the evacuation orders.
(c) He looked like a looter.
(d) He took military MREs.
3. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her connection to Zeitoun.
4. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(a) His wife.
(c) His mother.
5. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second hurricane.
(b) The gangs.
(c) The second levy break.
(d) The military orders.
6. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
(a) They are called gay lovers.
(b) They are pit against each other.
(c) They are made fun of for their religion.
(d) All of these.
7. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
(a) A splinter.
(b) All of these.
(c) A bruise.
(d) A cut.
8. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
(a) Black from head to toe.
(b) Mismatched military clothing.
(c) Police uniforms.
(d) Red cross uniforms.
9. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
10. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
(a) She is excited to see him.
(b) She wants him to pray about it.
(c) She doesn't want him to go.
(d) She is happy he is going to help.
11. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
12. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) All of these.
(b) He prays.
(c) He asks about his wife.
(d) He cries.
13. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are busy.
(b) The lines need to remain open.
(c) They are not for prisoners.
(d) They aren't working.
14. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
(a) Friends in the area.
(b) Police men.
(d) FEMA officials.
15. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
(a) He is afraid to tell others where she is.
(b) He doesn't have her number memorized.
(c) He is hand cuffed.
(d) His phone is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
2. What is involved in the criminal processing?
3. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
4. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
5. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)