|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is Zeitoun and his friends put in after being arrested?
(a) A train car.
(b) A police car.
(c) A van.
(d) A tank.
2. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) Zeitoun wanted her to.
(b) All of these.
(c) They have to move on.
(d) They have missed a lot of time.
3. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
4. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
(b) FEMA officials are near it.
(c) Her friend lives there.
(d) It is the only property with a working phone.
6. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
(a) Keeping him in the dark.
(b) Not letting him call his wife.
(c) Not feeding them appropriate food.
(d) Calling him gay.
7. When did Zeitoun's worries about special attention from military men begin?
(a) His 30th birthday.
(c) When he immigrated.
(d) When he converted to Islam.
8. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
(a) They are called gay lovers.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are made fun of for their religion.
(d) They are pit against each other.
9. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
10. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He called all the properties.
(b) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(c) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(d) He watched the news.
11. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
12. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A prison.
(b) An evacuation site.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A helicopter pad.
13. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
14. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
15. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She lets them choose a new school.
(b) She assures them the dog is safe.
(c) She lets them call their father.
(d) She says they get to pick new furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
2. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
3. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
4. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
5. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)