|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The language.
(b) The cages.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The flood lights.
2. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
(a) Call her homes.
(b) Fret and worry.
(d) Crochet blankets.
3. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(b) Sri Lanka.
4. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(b) He watched the news.
(c) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(d) He called all the properties.
5. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A battle ground.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A military stronghold.
(d) Complete chaos.
6. What year does this take place in?
7. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
(a) He slipped off the roof.
(b) He was attacked.
(c) He was hurt while helping others.
(d) He got sick.
8. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) A phone call to loved ones.
(b) To know what he is arrested for.
(c) Right to an attorney.
(d) All of these.
9. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She knows when they can return.
(b) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(c) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(d) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
10. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second levy break.
(b) The military orders.
(c) The gangs.
(d) The second hurricane.
11. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
(b) She wants to move on with her life.
(c) She wants to find Zeitoun.
(d) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
12. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
13. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
(a) Saving valuables.
(b) Searching for bodies.
14. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
15. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
(a) She is excited to see him.
(b) She is happy he is going to help.
(c) She wants him to pray about it.
(d) She doesn't want him to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
2. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
3. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
4. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
5. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)