|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
(a) He looked like a looter.
(b) He didn't turn in his canoe.
(c) He disobeyed the evacuation orders.
(d) He took military MREs.
2. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. When did Zeitoun's worries about special attention from military men begin?
(a) When he immigrated.
(b) His 30th birthday.
(d) When he converted to Islam.
4. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(b) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(c) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(d) She knows when they can return.
5. How many women break into Zeitoun's house?
6. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
(a) He slipped off the roof.
(b) He was hurt while helping others.
(c) He was attacked.
(d) He got sick.
7. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
(a) All of these.
(b) Some ammo.
(c) Fake IDs.
8. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
(a) He asks questions.
(b) He sits in the corner and cries.
(c) He sends letters.
(d) He buys supplies.
9. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
(a) Zeitoun stops calling her.
(b) Their house is still under water.
(c) Her mother is mad at her.
(d) Her kids can't go to school.
10. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband looks Latin.
(b) Her husband has a warrant out.
(c) Her husband always fights for the right.
(d) Her husband is Arab.
11. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
12. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
(a) She hears it on the radio.
(b) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(c) She reads it in a magazine.
(d) She hears it on the news.
13. How does Zeitoun treat his infection while he is arrested?
(a) He makes a poultice.
(b) He cuts it out.
(c) He buys some disinfectant.
(d) He prays.
14. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
15. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
(c) It is shown on TV.
(d) She looks on the internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
2. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
3. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
4. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
5. Where is the Darkening Found?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)