|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to move on with her life.
(b) She wants to find Zeitoun.
(c) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
(d) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
2. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) Her friend lives there.
(b) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
(c) It is the only property with a working phone.
(d) FEMA officials are near it.
3. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
(a) Zeitoun stops calling her.
(b) Her mother is mad at her.
(c) Their house is still under water.
(d) Her kids can't go to school.
4. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
(a) She doesn't want him to go.
(b) She is excited to see him.
(c) She wants him to pray about it.
(d) She is happy he is going to help.
5. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
6. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
(a) Saving valuables.
(c) Searching for bodies.
7. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) How peaceful it looks.
(b) The blood on the roof.
(c) The floating body.
(d) The gross water.
8. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) All of these.
(b) He cries.
(c) He prays.
(d) He asks about his wife.
9. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
(a) Fret and worry.
(c) Crochet blankets.
(d) Call her homes.
10. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
11. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband looks Latin.
(b) Her husband is Arab.
(c) Her husband has a warrant out.
(d) Her husband always fights for the right.
12. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
(a) He got it in an abandoned house.
(b) It is his.
(c) He took it from his office.
(d) It was on the street.
13. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
(a) Fake IDs.
(c) Some ammo.
(d) All of these.
14. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second hurricane.
(b) The military orders.
(c) The gangs.
(d) The second levy break.
15. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) To know what he is arrested for.
(b) All of these.
(c) A phone call to loved ones.
(d) Right to an attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
2. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
3. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
4. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
5. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)