|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
2. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second levy break.
(b) The gangs.
(c) The second hurricane.
(d) The military orders.
3. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
(a) It was on the street.
(b) It is his.
(c) He got it in an abandoned house.
(d) He took it from his office.
4. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) Zeitoun wanted her to.
(b) They have missed a lot of time.
(c) They have to move on.
(d) All of these.
5. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her connection to Zeitoun.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her children.
6. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
(a) On the news.
(b) On phone calls.
(c) From FEMA reports.
(d) In the newspapers.
7. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
(a) His money.
(b) His ID.
(c) His ownership papers.
(d) His hands.
8. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
9. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
(a) Her kids can't go to school.
(b) Zeitoun stops calling her.
(c) Their house is still under water.
(d) Her mother is mad at her.
10. What is the name of the second hurricane?
11. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
(a) Her own hair is turning gray.
(b) She hears Zachary praying and crying.
(c) Clumps come out when she brushes Aisha's hair.
(d) Ahmad calls every day in tears.
12. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to move on with her life.
(b) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
(c) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
(d) She wants to find Zeitoun.
13. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(a) His wife.
(d) His mother.
14. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
15. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A military stronghold.
(c) Complete chaos.
(d) A battle ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
2. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
3. Where is the Darkening Found?
4. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
5. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)