|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
(b) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(c) He called all the properties.
(d) He watched the news.
2. What year does this take place in?
3. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
(c) Pepper Spray.
(d) Dirty water.
4. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
(a) On phone calls.
(b) From FEMA reports.
(c) On the news.
(d) In the newspapers.
5. How does Zeitoun treat his infection while he is arrested?
(a) He buys some disinfectant.
(b) He cuts it out.
(c) He makes a poultice.
(d) He prays.
6. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband looks Latin.
(b) Her husband is Arab.
(c) Her husband has a warrant out.
(d) Her husband always fights for the right.
7. Where is the Darkening Found?
(a) A text book.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) The Quran.
(d) The Bible.
8. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A battle ground.
(c) Complete chaos.
(d) A military stronghold.
9. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) To know what he is arrested for.
(b) Right to an attorney.
(c) All of these.
(d) A phone call to loved ones.
10. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
(a) His money.
(b) His ID.
(c) His hands.
(d) His ownership papers.
11. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to find Zeitoun.
(b) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
(c) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
(d) She wants to move on with her life.
12. What is taken from Todd during processing?
(a) A memory chip.
(b) A camera.
(c) Some blue prints.
(d) Some stolen IDs.
13. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He is a good swimmer.
(b) He has God's protection.
(c) He has good friends.
(d) He is too smart.
14. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
(a) Her mother is mad at her.
(b) Zeitoun stops calling her.
(c) Her kids can't go to school.
(d) Their house is still under water.
15. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
2. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
3. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
4. What is involved in the criminal processing?
5. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)