|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The cages.
(b) The flood lights.
(c) The language.
(d) The dogs.
2. What mean name does a soldier call Zeitoun at the bus terminal?
3. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
(a) Calling him gay.
(b) Not letting him call his wife.
(c) Keeping him in the dark.
(d) Not feeding them appropriate food.
4. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
(a) He was hurt while helping others.
(b) He was attacked.
(c) He got sick.
(d) He slipped off the roof.
5. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He works overtime shifts.
(b) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(c) He prays.
(d) He calls Kathy every day.
6. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He is too smart.
(b) He has good friends.
(c) He is a good swimmer.
(d) He has God's protection.
7. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(b) He watched the news.
(c) He called all the properties.
(d) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
8. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(c) Sri Lanka.
9. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
10. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband is Arab.
(b) Her husband always fights for the right.
(c) Her husband looks Latin.
(d) Her husband has a warrant out.
11. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
12. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
13. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) The gross water.
(b) How peaceful it looks.
(c) The blood on the roof.
(d) The floating body.
14. What kind of weapons are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house using?
(a) All of these.
15. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Kathy to worry when she is in Phoenix?
2. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
3. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
4. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
5. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)