|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
(a) He looked like a looter.
(b) He took military MREs.
(c) He didn't turn in his canoe.
(d) He disobeyed the evacuation orders.
2. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(b) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. Who takes Zeitoun's missing the worst?
4. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A battle ground.
(b) Complete chaos.
(c) A military stronghold.
(d) A hospital.
5. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are not for prisoners.
(b) They are busy.
(c) The lines need to remain open.
(d) They aren't working.
6. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He has good friends.
(b) He has God's protection.
(c) He is a good swimmer.
(d) He is too smart.
7. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) He prays.
(b) He asks about his wife.
(c) All of these.
(d) He cries.
8. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The government.
(c) Homeland security.
9. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She lets them call their father.
(b) She assures them the dog is safe.
(c) She says they get to pick new furniture.
(d) She lets them choose a new school.
10. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) How peaceful it looks.
(b) The blood on the roof.
(c) The gross water.
(d) The floating body.
11. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The gangs.
(b) The second levy break.
(c) The second hurricane.
(d) The military orders.
12. What is the name of the second hurricane?
13. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) A helicopter pad.
(d) An evacuation site.
14. What is involved in the criminal processing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Finger printing.
15. How does Zeitoun treat his infection while he is arrested?
(a) He prays.
(b) He buys some disinfectant.
(c) He cuts it out.
(d) He makes a poultice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun get upset with a guard for?
2. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
3. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
4. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
5. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)