|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kathy start getting many international calls from?
(b) Sri Lanka.
2. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) All of these.
(b) He cries.
(c) He asks about his wife.
(d) He prays.
3. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) It is shown on TV.
(c) She looks on the internet.
(d) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
4. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A military stronghold.
(b) Complete chaos.
(c) A battle ground.
(d) A hospital.
5. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
(a) Her connection to Zeitoun.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her faith.
6. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband always fights for the right.
(b) Her husband looks Latin.
(c) Her husband is Arab.
(d) Her husband has a warrant out.
8. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
9. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
(a) She calls the military.
(b) She calls the Red Cross.
(c) She calls friends in the area.
(d) She calls FEMA.
10. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
(a) She hears Zachary praying and crying.
(b) Ahmad calls every day in tears.
(c) Clumps come out when she brushes Aisha's hair.
(d) Her own hair is turning gray.
11. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
(a) It is his.
(b) It was on the street.
(c) He took it from his office.
(d) He got it in an abandoned house.
12. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) FEMA officials are near it.
(b) It is the only property with a working phone.
(c) Her friend lives there.
(d) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
13. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A helicopter pad.
(b) A prison.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An evacuation site.
14. What kind of bus is Zeitoun put on when he is taken to the Hunt Correctional Center?
(a) A military bus.
(b) A tour bus.
(c) A school bus.
(d) A greyhound bus.
15. Where is the Darkening Found?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) The Quran.
(d) A text book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Todd say he was using the item that was taken from him for?
2. What is taken from Todd during processing?
3. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
4. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
5. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)