|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(b) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(c) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
(d) She knows when they can return.
2. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband looks Latin.
(b) Her husband is Arab.
(c) Her husband has a warrant out.
(d) Her husband always fights for the right.
3. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
4. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He is too smart.
(b) He is a good swimmer.
(c) He has good friends.
(d) He has God's protection.
5. What kind of weapons are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house using?
(b) All of these.
6. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
(a) He took military MREs.
(b) He looked like a looter.
(c) He disobeyed the evacuation orders.
(d) He didn't turn in his canoe.
7. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A prison.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A helicopter pad.
(d) An evacuation site.
8. How many soldiers are present when Zeitoun is strip searched?
9. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
(a) Clumps come out when she brushes Aisha's hair.
(b) She hears Zachary praying and crying.
(c) Her own hair is turning gray.
(d) Ahmad calls every day in tears.
10. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
11. What country does a news segment about the prisoners?
12. What is involved in the criminal processing?
(b) Finger printing.
(d) All of these.
13. What year does this take place in?
14. What does Jerry do when he is arrested?
(a) He sits in the corner and cries.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He buys supplies.
(d) He sends letters.
15. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is Zeitoun and his friends put in after being arrested?
2. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
3. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
4. What does the Red Cross have to identify Zeitoun by if he shows up?
5. What does Kathy do on the floor with Nademah?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)