|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun worry about getting special attention from military men?
(a) He is Arab.
(b) He doesn't speak good English.
(c) He has no ID.
(d) He was a marine.
2. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
(a) She calls friends in the area.
(b) She calls the Red Cross.
(c) She calls FEMA.
(d) She calls the military.
3. Where does Ahmad want to fly to offer help?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
4. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
(b) The government.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Homeland security.
5. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
(a) Police men.
(b) Friends in the area.
(c) FEMA officials.
6. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(b) He works overtime shifts.
(c) He calls Kathy every day.
(d) He prays.
7. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) A helicopter pad.
(d) An evacuation site.
8. What causes the mayor to cancel the reopening of the city?
(a) The second levy break.
(b) The gangs.
(c) The second hurricane.
(d) The military orders.
9. Where does Kathy hear about unidentified bodies?
(a) From FEMA reports.
(b) On phone calls.
(c) On the news.
(d) In the newspapers.
10. Who keeps Ahmad from flying out to help?
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
11. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) All of these.
(b) Zeitoun wanted her to.
(c) They have missed a lot of time.
(d) They have to move on.
12. Where were mercenaries brought from that makes Kathy nervous?
13. Where is the Darkening Found?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A text book.
(d) The Quran.
14. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
(a) Right to an attorney.
(b) A phone call to loved ones.
(c) All of these.
(d) To know what he is arrested for.
15. What does Kathy do when her kids are in school the first day?
(a) Crochet blankets.
(b) Fret and worry.
(d) Call her homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
2. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
3. What country does a news segment about the prisoners?
4. What are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house dressed in?
5. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)