|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
2. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
(a) She calls FEMA.
(b) She calls the military.
(c) She calls the Red Cross.
(d) She calls friends in the area.
3. What kind of vehicle is Zeitoun and his friends put in after being arrested?
(a) A train car.
(b) A van.
(c) A police car.
(d) A tank.
4. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) All of these.
(b) He cries.
(c) He asks about his wife.
(d) He prays.
5. Why does Kathy enroll her kids in school in Phoenix?
(a) They have missed a lot of time.
(b) They have to move on.
(c) All of these.
(d) Zeitoun wanted her to.
6. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
(a) He is afraid to tell others where she is.
(b) He is hand cuffed.
(c) His phone is dead.
(d) He doesn't have her number memorized.
7. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
8. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
(b) Pepper Spray.
(d) Dirty water.
9. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) Her friend lives there.
(b) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
(c) It is the only property with a working phone.
(d) FEMA officials are near it.
10. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A military stronghold.
(c) Complete chaos.
(d) A battle ground.
11. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The flood lights.
(b) The language.
(c) The cages.
(d) The dogs.
12. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) They are not for prisoners.
(b) They aren't working.
(c) The lines need to remain open.
(d) They are busy.
13. What does Zeitoun say the men breaking into house do not look like?
14. What shocks Kathy about the image she sees of her house?
(a) How peaceful it looks.
(b) The floating body.
(c) The gross water.
(d) The blood on the roof.
15. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
(a) He repeatedly called Kathy.
(b) He watched the news.
(c) He called all the properties.
(d) He sent a plea to a rescue organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
2. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
3. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
4. Where does Nasser say he got what is found in his bag during processing?
5. What year does this take place in?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)