|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings on a lot of scorn to Zeitoun from the guards?
(a) All of these.
(b) He prays.
(c) He asks about his wife.
(d) He cries.
2. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She says they get to pick new furniture.
(b) She assures them the dog is safe.
(c) She lets them call their father.
(d) She lets them choose a new school.
3. What reminds Zeitoun of Abu Ghraib?
(a) The cages.
(b) The flood lights.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The language.
4. What is found in Nasser's bag when he is being processed?
(b) Some ammo.
(c) Fake IDs.
(d) All of these.
5. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
(a) He is hand cuffed.
(b) He is afraid to tell others where she is.
(c) His phone is dead.
(d) He doesn't have her number memorized.
6. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband has a warrant out.
(b) Her husband looks Latin.
(c) Her husband is Arab.
(d) Her husband always fights for the right.
7. What is the name of the second hurricane?
8. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
(a) Ahmad calls every day in tears.
(b) She hears Zachary praying and crying.
(c) Her own hair is turning gray.
(d) Clumps come out when she brushes Aisha's hair.
9. What problem arises when Zeitoun and Nasser are put in the same cell?
(a) They are called gay lovers.
(b) They are pit against each other.
(c) All of these.
(d) They are made fun of for their religion.
10. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
11. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
(a) A helicopter pad.
(b) A prison.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An evacuation site.
12. What kind of weapons are the men breaking into Zeitoun's house using?
(c) All of these.
13. How does Kathy see an image of her house?
(a) It is shown on TV.
(b) A neighbor e-mails one to her.
(c) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(d) She looks on the internet.
14. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
(a) The lines need to remain open.
(b) They aren't working.
(c) They are busy.
(d) They are not for prisoners.
15. What is sprayed all over one of the prisoners?
(a) Pepper Spray.
(d) Dirty water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rights is Zeitoun waiting for after being arrested?
2. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
3. How does Kathy think her husband might have been injured?
4. What kind of vehicle is Zeitoun and his friends put in after being arrested?
5. How does Yuko look for information about Zeitoun?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)