|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
(a) The holiday season is coming.
(b) He has more time.
(c) His just graduated.
(d) A hurricane is coming.
2. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(a) Pain medication.
3. What is Katrina?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A tree.
(d) A hurricane.
4. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her children.
(b) To bother her family.
(c) To make people uncomfortable.
(d) For her husband.
5. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
6. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
(a) He is too scared.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It has been damaged.
(d) He misses his wife.
7. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
(a) He is a citizen.
(b) He is from a different marriage.
(c) He has a mental disability.
(d) He has light skin.
8. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) His cell phone.
(b) A flashlight.
(d) Gas lamps.
9. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
10. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Work with strangers.
(c) All of these.
(d) Listen to the radio.
11. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When coming home from work.
(b) When bringing her home from the hospital.
(c) When taking her to school.
(d) When moving to a new house.
12. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
13. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(d) All of these.
14. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he gets letters.
(b) When he goes to church.
(c) When he eats dinner.
(d) When he drives to work.
15. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One mile.
(b) One kilometer.
(c) One half kilometer.
(d) One half mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
2. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
3. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
4. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
5. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)