|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When taking her to school.
(b) When bringing her home from the hospital.
(c) When moving to a new house.
(d) When coming home from work.
2. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To keep her children safe.
(b) To get some work done.
(c) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(d) To avoid her family.
3. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
4. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Waving a white sheet.
(b) Playing loud music.
(c) Shooting up flares.
5. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
6. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The lake.
(b) The gutters.
(c) The sea.
(d) The rain.
7. What city was Zeitoun born in?
8. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He told her to come home.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(d) He gets to play at the lake.
9. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
(a) The humidity.
(b) The animal howls.
(c) The silence.
(d) The sirens.
10. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 7 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 11 feet.
11. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
12. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
13. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
14. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) The market.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The old pier.
15. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
2. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
3. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
4. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
5. How does Zeitoun get around the neighborhood during the flood?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)