|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he drives to work.
(b) When he eats dinner.
(c) When he goes to church.
(d) When he gets letters.
2. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(b) Cell phone.
(c) Land line calls.
(d) Text message.
3. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) It would take too much time.
(b) He feels he has a purpose there.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) He wants to protect his home.
4. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
(a) They do not know each other at all.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They work together.
5. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) His name changed when he migrated.
(b) His first is hard to pronounce.
(c) He shares his father's name.
(d) His buddies always called him that.
6. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
7. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His daughter.
8. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
9. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(c) Pain medication.
10. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
11. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
(a) Third World.
(c) All of these.
(d) Disaster Area.
12. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half mile.
(b) One kilometer.
(c) One mile.
(d) One half kilometer.
13. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) The roof.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The couch.
(d) The bathtub.
14. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(c) All of these.
15. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) Military men.
(b) Elderly people.
(d) His properties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
2. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
3. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
4. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
5. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)