|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
(a) They call each other.
(b) They meet in the office.
(c) They send e-mails.
(d) They text message.
2. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(b) Substitute teacher.
3. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
4. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
5. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The market.
(d) The old pier.
6. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
7. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Shooting up flares.
(b) Playing loud music.
(d) Waving a white sheet.
8. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
(a) A drum beat.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A river.
9. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 9 feet.
10. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
11. What is Katrina?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A truck.
(d) A tree.
12. Where was Ahmad from?
13. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
14. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He gets to play at the lake.
(b) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(c) He told her to come home.
(d) He can't swim.
15. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are upsetting.
(b) They are exaggerated.
(c) They are right on.
(d) They are completely false.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contaminates the water in the flood?
2. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
3. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
4. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
5. Where does Yuko live?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)