|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) Elderly people.
(b) His properties.
(c) Military men.
2. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half kilometer.
(b) One half mile.
(c) One mile.
(d) One kilometer.
3. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
4. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(b) All of these.
5. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
(a) A wasteland.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A sea.
(d) A dump.
6. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
7. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
8. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
9. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
10. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
11. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Text message.
(b) Cell phone.
(c) Land line calls.
12. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The gutters.
(b) The lake.
(c) The rain.
(d) The sea.
13. How many children does Zeitoun have?
14. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
15. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He sees that it have reeds in it.
(b) He sees that it is not salt water.
(c) He sees it flowing from the north.
(d) He watches the heavy rain fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
2. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
3. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
4. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
5. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)