|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
(a) A dump.
(b) A wasteland.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A sea.
2. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
3. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half mile.
(b) One half kilometer.
(c) One kilometer.
(d) One mile.
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has more time.
(b) The holiday season is coming.
(c) His just graduated.
(d) A hurricane is coming.
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Rushing water.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) Barking dogs.
6. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
7. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
8. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) His cell phone.
(b) Gas lamps.
(c) A flashlight.
9. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The old pier.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The market.
10. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
11. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his children to wake up.
(b) For the electricity to come back on.
(c) For the alarm clock to ring.
(d) For his wife to cough.
12. Where does Yuko live?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) Salt Lake.
13. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
14. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) He feels he has a purpose there.
(c) It would take too much time.
(d) It would cost too much money.
15. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(c) Pain medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
2. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
3. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
4. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
5. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)