|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 13 feet.
(b) 11 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 9 feet.
2. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
3. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
4. Where does Yuko live?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) Baton Rouge.
5. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The market.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) The old pier.
6. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
7. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Waving a white sheet.
(b) Playing loud music.
(d) Shooting up flares.
8. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He carries them to the second floor.
(b) He puts them in a time capsule.
(c) He loads them in the canoe.
(d) He moves them to the basement.
9. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His uncle.
10. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) Barking dogs.
(c) Rushing water.
(d) A phone call.
11. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The couch.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The roof.
12. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(d) Substitute teacher.
13. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
14. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When taking her to school.
(b) When bringing her home from the hospital.
(c) When coming home from work.
(d) When moving to a new house.
15. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contaminates the water in the flood?
2. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
3. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
4. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
5. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)