|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Text message.
(b) Land line calls.
(c) Cell phone.
2. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half kilometer.
(b) One half mile.
(c) One mile.
(d) One kilometer.
3. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
4. Where does Yuko live?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) Salt Lake.
5. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(d) All of these.
6. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
(a) His just graduated.
(b) A hurricane is coming.
(c) The holiday season is coming.
(d) He has more time.
7. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) She is too big.
(b) The canoe is sinking.
(c) She is afraid of swimming.
(d) He is too tired.
8. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
9. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His brother.
10. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The lake.
(b) The rain.
(c) The gutters.
(d) The sea.
11. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) A flashlight.
(c) Gas lamps.
(d) His cell phone.
12. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) His properties.
(b) Elderly people.
(c) Military men.
13. Where does Kathy stay after hearing about the flood?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) Her mother's house.
14. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He carries them to the second floor.
(b) He loads them in the canoe.
(c) He puts them in a time capsule.
(d) He moves them to the basement.
15. What city was Zeitoun born in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ahmad from?
2. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
3. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
4. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
5. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)