|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
2. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
(a) His property.
(b) His family.
(c) The injured people.
(d) The dead animals.
3. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
4. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(a) Pain medication.
5. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
(a) He is too scared.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It has been damaged.
(d) He misses his wife.
6. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
7. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
8. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) Military men.
(b) Elderly people.
(c) His properties.
9. What contaminates the water in the flood?
(a) All of these.
10. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) She is too big.
(b) The canoe is sinking.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) She is afraid of swimming.
11. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Playing loud music.
(c) Waving a white sheet.
(d) Shooting up flares.
12. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are right on.
(b) They are completely false.
(c) They are upsetting.
(d) They are exaggerated.
13. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
14. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
15. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 13 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
2. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
3. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
4. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
5. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)