|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) He shares his father's name.
(b) His buddies always called him that.
(c) His first is hard to pronounce.
(d) His name changed when he migrated.
2. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To keep her children safe.
(b) To get some work done.
(c) To avoid her family.
(d) To be closer to Zeitoun.
3. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
(a) While she is at work.
(b) While she is preparing dinner.
(c) While she is on the bus.
(d) While she is driving.
4. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he drives to work.
(b) When he goes to church.
(c) When he gets letters.
(d) When he eats dinner.
5. What city was Zeitoun born in?
6. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The market.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) The old pier.
(d) A restaurant.
7. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He watches the heavy rain fall.
(b) He sees it flowing from the north.
(c) He sees that it is not salt water.
(d) He sees that it have reeds in it.
8. What is Katrina?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tree.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A truck.
9. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) Gas lamps.
10. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(b) All of these.
11. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
12. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) He feels he has a purpose there.
(c) It would take too much time.
(d) It would cost too much money.
13. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(b) Land line calls.
(c) Text message.
(d) Cell phone.
14. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
(a) His brother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
15. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
(a) He has light skin.
(b) He is from a different marriage.
(c) He has a mental disability.
(d) He is a citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Zeitoun born in?
2. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
3. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
4. Where was Ahmad from?
5. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)