|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(c) All of these.
2. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He moves them to the basement.
(b) He carries them to the second floor.
(c) He puts them in a time capsule.
(d) He loads them in the canoe.
3. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
4. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(d) Substitute teacher.
5. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
6. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
7. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(b) Pain medication.
8. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
(a) While she is driving.
(b) While she is on the bus.
(c) While she is at work.
(d) While she is preparing dinner.
9. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) Elderly people.
(b) Military men.
(d) His properties.
10. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
(a) They do not know each other at all.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They work together.
11. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
(a) He has a mental disability.
(b) He is from a different marriage.
(c) He is a citizen.
(d) He has light skin.
12. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) His name changed when he migrated.
(b) His first is hard to pronounce.
(c) He shares his father's name.
(d) His buddies always called him that.
13. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The rain.
(b) The lake.
(c) The gutters.
(d) The sea.
14. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
15. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half kilometer.
(b) One mile.
(c) One half mile.
(d) One kilometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
2. What city was Zeitoun born in?
3. What does Kathy want saved from the flood?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)