|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) All of these.
(c) Work with strangers.
(d) Leave the city.
2. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
3. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
(a) He is from a different marriage.
(b) He has a mental disability.
(c) He has light skin.
(d) He is a citizen.
4. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
5. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
6. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He told her to come home.
(b) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(c) He gets to play at the lake.
(d) He can't swim.
7. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(b) To keep her children safe.
(c) To get some work done.
(d) To avoid her family.
8. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) It has been damaged.
(c) He misses his wife.
(d) He is too scared.
9. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
10. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
(a) While she is at work.
(b) While she is on the bus.
(c) While she is preparing dinner.
(d) While she is driving.
11. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Land line calls.
(b) Cell phone.
(d) Text message.
12. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
13. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
14. Where was Ahmad from?
15. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The rain.
(b) The lake.
(c) The sea.
(d) The gutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
2. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Katrina?
4. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
5. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)