|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
3. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
4. What contaminates the water in the flood?
(b) All of these.
5. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
6. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) He gets to play at the lake.
(c) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(d) He told her to come home.
7. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His uncle.
8. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) Rushing water.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) Barking dogs.
9. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
10. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
11. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He puts them in a time capsule.
(b) He carries them to the second floor.
(c) He moves them to the basement.
(d) He loads them in the canoe.
12. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
13. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) It would take too much time.
(c) He feels he has a purpose there.
(d) It would cost too much money.
14. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
15. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
(a) A wasteland.
(b) A sea.
(c) A dump.
(d) A swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
2. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
3. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
5. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)