|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A dump.
(c) A sea.
(d) A wasteland.
2. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The couch.
(d) The roof.
3. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) It would take too much time.
(b) He wants to protect his home.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) He feels he has a purpose there.
4. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) The church.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
5. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
6. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
7. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
(a) They text message.
(b) They meet in the office.
(c) They call each other.
(d) They send e-mails.
8. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He loads them in the canoe.
(b) He puts them in a time capsule.
(c) He carries them to the second floor.
(d) He moves them to the basement.
9. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
10. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
11. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
(a) When bringing her home from the hospital.
(b) When moving to a new house.
(c) When coming home from work.
(d) When taking her to school.
12. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The market.
(c) The old pier.
(d) A warehouse.
13. What city was Zeitoun born in?
14. How many years have passed since Zeitoun's fishing days?
15. How many children does Zeitoun have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
2. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
3. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
4. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
5. What is the name of Zeitoun's wife?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)