|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
2. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
3. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) Land line calls.
(d) Text message.
4. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
5. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Work with strangers.
(c) All of these.
(d) Leave the city.
6. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 11 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
7. How many children does Zeitoun have?
8. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
9. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her husband.
(b) For her children.
(c) To bother her family.
(d) To make people uncomfortable.
10. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
11. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his wife to cough.
(b) For his children to wake up.
(c) For the electricity to come back on.
(d) For the alarm clock to ring.
12. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He carries them to the second floor.
(b) He puts them in a time capsule.
(c) He loads them in the canoe.
(d) He moves them to the basement.
13. What is Zeitoun's occupation?
(d) Substitute teacher.
14. What country was Zeitoun born in?
15. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(d) Pain medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
2. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
3. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
4. How old was Zeitoun when he began fishing?
5. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)