|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Playing loud music.
(b) Shooting up flares.
(c) Waving a white sheet.
2. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
3. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
(a) Elderly people.
(b) His properties.
(d) Military men.
4. How does Zeitoun save special items from the flood?
(a) He moves them to the basement.
(b) He loads them in the canoe.
(c) He carries them to the second floor.
(d) He puts them in a time capsule.
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half kilometer.
(b) One kilometer.
(c) One half mile.
(d) One mile.
6. Where does Zeitoun sleep when his bed won't do during the storm?
(a) The couch.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The roof.
7. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
(a) They do not know each other at all.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They work together.
8. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are right on.
(b) They are upsetting.
(c) They are exaggerated.
(d) They are completely false.
9. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He watches the heavy rain fall.
(b) He sees it flowing from the north.
(c) He sees that it have reeds in it.
(d) He sees that it is not salt water.
10. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
11. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
(a) Third World.
(c) All of these.
(d) Disaster Area.
12. What city was Zeitoun born in?
13. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his wife to cough.
(b) For the electricity to come back on.
(c) For his children to wake up.
(d) For the alarm clock to ring.
14. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(d) All of these.
15. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
2. Where does Kathy stay after hearing about the flood?
3. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
5. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)