|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
2. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) Land line calls.
(d) Text message.
4. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His father.
5. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
6. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
(b) Fishing boat.
(d) Military boat.
7. Where does Kathy stay after hearing about the flood?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her brother's house.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) Her mother's house.
8. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One mile.
(b) One half kilometer.
(c) One half mile.
(d) One kilometer.
9. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(b) All of these.
10. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her children.
(b) For her husband.
(c) To make people uncomfortable.
(d) To bother her family.
11. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are upsetting.
(b) They are exaggerated.
(c) They are completely false.
(d) They are right on.
12. What is the name of Zeitoun's oldest brother?
13. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Waving a white sheet.
(b) Playing loud music.
(d) Shooting up flares.
15. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
2. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
3. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
4. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
5. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)