|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
(a) She wants them all to come help find him.
(b) She wishes they would stop calling her.
(c) She is glad they are praying.
(d) She is grateful for their support.
2. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) He shares his father's name.
(b) His buddies always called him that.
(c) His name changed when he migrated.
(d) His first is hard to pronounce.
3. What causes Kathy's physical problems according to the doctors?
4. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his wife to cough.
(b) For his children to wake up.
(c) For the alarm clock to ring.
(d) For the electricity to come back on.
5. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
(a) They think their dogs died.
(b) They know their house is ruined.
(c) Their school is destroyed.
(d) They miss their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the death toll in New Orleans when Kathy's kids go to the new school?
2. What kind of vehicle is Zeitoun and his friends put in after being arrested?
3. What is becoming infected on Zeitoun while he is arrested?
4. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
5. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)