|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Ahmad semi-calm while Zeitoun is missing?
(a) He prays.
(b) He raises money for the relief efforts.
(c) He works overtime shifts.
(d) He calls Kathy every day.
2. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 7 feet.
(b) 13 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 9 feet.
3. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Kathy call the Clairborne house?
(a) FEMA officials are near it.
(b) Her friend lives there.
(c) It is the only property with a working phone.
(d) Hearing the message gives her comfort.
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Rushing water.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) A helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people breaking into Zeitoun's house demand to see?
2. What city was Zeitoun born in?
3. How did Ahmad try to find Zeitoun?
4. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
5. Who does Zeitoun think might see him on the news segment about prisoners?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)