|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kathy sure Zeitoun wouldn't get hurt accidentally?
(a) He is too smart.
(b) He has God's protection.
(c) He is a good swimmer.
(d) He has good friends.
2. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are right on.
(b) They are upsetting.
(c) They are exaggerated.
(d) They are completely false.
3. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
(a) A river.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A drum beat.
(d) A gunshot.
4. Why does Zeitoun think he is being arrested at first?
(a) He took military MREs.
(b) He looked like a looter.
(c) He didn't turn in his canoe.
(d) He disobeyed the evacuation orders.
5. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
(a) They miss their father.
(b) They think their dogs died.
(c) Their school is destroyed.
(d) They know their house is ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
2. What helps Kathy to stay calm as long as she does?
3. What does Kathy say when she hears Ahmad wants to fly somewhere to help?
4. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
5. What is Zeitoun given that he can't eat?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)