|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The market.
(b) The old pier.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A warehouse.
2. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
(a) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(b) She hears it on the news.
(c) She reads it in a magazine.
(d) She hears it on the radio.
3. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
(a) Text message.
(b) Cell phone.
(c) Land line calls.
4. What country was Zeitoun born in?
5. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
(a) A river.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A drum beat.
(d) A gunshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
2. When did Zeitoun forget about his daughter?
3. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
4. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
5. Where is the Darkening Found?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)