|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are completely false.
(b) They are right on.
(c) They are exaggerated.
(d) They are upsetting.
2. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) She is too big.
(b) The canoe is sinking.
(c) She is afraid of swimming.
(d) He is too tired.
3. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(b) All of these.
4. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
(b) Gas lamps.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) His cell phone.
5. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
(a) The injured people.
(b) His family.
(c) The dead animals.
(d) His property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
2. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
3. How does Kathy feel about the family in Syria while her husband is missing?
4. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
5. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)