|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) For her husband.
(b) For her children.
(c) To make people uncomfortable.
(d) To bother her family.
2. How long did Kathy's kids miss school?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) The church.
(d) His father.
4. Why do certain foreign mercenaries make Kathy nervous?
(a) Her husband is Arab.
(b) Her husband looks Latin.
(c) Her husband always fights for the right.
(d) Her husband has a warrant out.
5. What lie does Kathy tell her children to keep them calm?
(a) They are going back to their grandma's house.
(b) She has talked to Zeitoun recently.
(c) She knows when they can return.
(d) Zeitoun is coming to join them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
2. What city was Zeitoun born in?
3. Who does Kathy ask for help in finding her husband?
4. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
5. How does Kathy realize who is taking Zeitoun's missing the hardest?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)