|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
(a) His first is hard to pronounce.
(b) His name changed when he migrated.
(c) His buddies always called him that.
(d) He shares his father's name.
2. How does Zeitoun get around the neighborhood during the flood?
(a) He makes a raft.
(b) He uses the canoe.
(c) He floats in a sled.
(d) He swims.
3. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
(a) Pain medication.
4. When does Zeitoun think about his family in the homeland?
(a) When he drives to work.
(b) When he goes to church.
(c) When he eats dinner.
(d) When he gets letters.
5. Why does Kathy decide to visit Yuko?
(a) To avoid her family.
(b) To get some work done.
(c) To be closer to Zeitoun.
(d) To keep her children safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zeitoun seek out the second day of the flood?
2. What kind of bait does Zeitoun use when fishing as a child?
3. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
4. What is Katrina?
5. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)