|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his children to wake up.
(b) For the electricity to come back on.
(c) For the alarm clock to ring.
(d) For his wife to cough.
2. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
(a) The rain.
(b) The sea.
(c) The lake.
(d) The gutters.
3. What is Zeitoun's oldest brother famously good at?
4. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Playing loud music.
(c) Waving a white sheet.
(d) Shooting up flares.
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
(a) One half kilometer.
(b) One mile.
(c) One half mile.
(d) One kilometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
2. How long does Zeitoun say recovery will take when he sees the flood?
3. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
4. How many properties does Zeitoun own?
5. What status does New Orleans have during the flood?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)