|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are upsetting.
(b) They are exaggerated.
(c) They are right on.
(d) They are completely false.
2. What kind of boat helps the single woman found by Zeitoun?
(a) Military boat.
(b) Fishing boat.
3. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For the alarm clock to ring.
(b) For his children to wake up.
(c) For the electricity to come back on.
(d) For his wife to cough.
4. Where does Zeitoun's brother live?
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) Rushing water.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
2. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
3. Who did Zeitoun fish with as a child?
4. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)