|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
(a) While she is at work.
(b) While she is on the bus.
(c) While she is driving.
(d) While she is preparing dinner.
2. What is the elderly couple in the neighborhood doing to get attention?
(a) Playing loud music.
(c) Waving a white sheet.
(d) Shooting up flares.
3. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A drum beat.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A river.
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He gets to play at the lake.
(b) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) He told her to come home.
5. How many tenants does Zeitoun have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Zeitoun say the dogs in the neighborhood sound like during the flood?
3. What does Zeitoun use for light at night during the flood?
4. Why can't Zeitoun sleep in his bed during the flood?
5. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)