|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeitoun use for fishing as a child?
(a) All of these.
2. What does Zeitoun's wife think about the news reports about Katrina?
(a) They are completely false.
(b) They are upsetting.
(c) They are right on.
(d) They are exaggerated.
3. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For the electricity to come back on.
(b) For his children to wake up.
(c) For the alarm clock to ring.
(d) For his wife to cough.
4. What religion does Zeitoun's wife follow?
5. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) The church.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and his wife keep in touch all day?
2. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
3. What city was Zeitoun born in?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of fish did Zeitoun fish for as a child?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)