|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange sound that wakes Zeitoun up remind him of?
(a) A river.
(b) A drum beat.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A pipe.
2. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
(a) The injured people.
(b) His property.
(c) The dead animals.
(d) His family.
3. Who is paying for Zeitoun's incarceration?
(a) The government.
(b) Homeland security.
(c) The FBI.
4. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
(a) While she is at work.
(b) While she is preparing dinner.
(c) While she is on the bus.
(d) While she is driving.
5. How does Kathy cheer her daughters up during the flood?
(a) She says they get to pick new furniture.
(b) She assures them the dog is safe.
(c) She lets them call their father.
(d) She lets them choose a new school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
2. Where does Kathy stay after hearing about the flood?
3. What does the bus terminal look like to Zeitoun when he gets there?
4. What happens after Kathy eats large meals?
5. What do the soldiers turn the bus depot into?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)