|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
(a) He sees that it have reeds in it.
(b) He sees that it is not salt water.
(c) He watches the heavy rain fall.
(d) He sees it flowing from the north.
2. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) She is too big.
(b) She is afraid of swimming.
(c) The canoe is sinking.
(d) He is too tired.
3. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
(a) The old pier.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) The market.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
(a) He didn't renew the flood insurance.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) He told her to come home.
(d) He gets to play at the lake.
5. What is Zeitoun waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) For his wife to cough.
(b) For the alarm clock to ring.
(c) For the electricity to come back on.
(d) For his children to wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
2. Why does Zeitoun go by his last name?
3. How old was Zeitoun's wife when he met her?
4. What items from childhood does Zeitoun save from the flood?
5. What city was Zeitoun born in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)