|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun refuse to do during the flood?
(a) Work with strangers.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Listen to the radio.
(d) All of these.
2. Who teases Zeitoun about forgetting his daughter?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His brother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
3. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) It would take too much time.
(b) He feels he has a purpose there.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) He wants to protect his home.
4. Why can't Zeitoun personally help the single woman he finds?
(a) The canoe is sinking.
(b) He is too tired.
(c) She is afraid of swimming.
(d) She is too big.
5. How much older than his wife is Zeitoun?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Zeitoun's wife hear the warnings about Katrina?
2. What is Frank desperate for when Zeitoun sees him?
3. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
4. How does Zeitoun keep in touch with Kathy during the flood?
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)