|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeitoun refuse to leave during the flood?
(a) He wants to protect his home.
(b) It would take too much time.
(c) He feels he has a purpose there.
(d) It would cost too much money.
2. What time of day would Zeitoun fish when he was a child?
(c) All of these.
3. How old is Zachary at the beginning of the book?
4. What contaminates the water in the flood?
(d) All of these.
5. How long was Zeitoun's brother a sea captain?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
2. Where does the extra water in the yard come from after the storm?
3. How is Zachary different from his siblings?
4. What is Zeitoun's brother's name?
5. Where would Zeitoun sell the fish he caught as a child?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)