|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Zeitoun and Frank know each other?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They work together.
(d) They do not know each other at all.
2. How does Kathy learn of the death toll in New Orleans?
(a) She hears it on the radio.
(b) She sees it in a FEMA report.
(c) She hears it on the news.
(d) She reads it in a magazine.
3. How much water is in the house after the first day of flooding?
(a) 13 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 11 feet.
4. Who did Zeitoun give all his fishing money to?
(a) The church.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
5. What interrupts Zeitoun's morning prayers during the flood?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) Rushing water.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeitoun figure out there the extra water is coming from after the storm?
2. What makes Zeitoun's children sad during the flood?
3. What does Kathy tease Zeitoun about when she hears about the flood?
4. Why is Zeitoun getting more work than normal at the beginning of the book?
5. How far from the coast would Zeitoun go to fish as a child?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)