|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeitoun weep for while getting around the neighborhood during the flood?
(a) His family.
(b) His property.
(c) The dead animals.
(d) The injured people.
2. What makes the area so uncomfortable during the flood?
(a) The sirens.
(b) The silence.
(c) The animal howls.
(d) The humidity.
3. What makes Kathy want to return to her house?
(a) She wants to move on with her life.
(b) She wants to begin cleaning it up.
(c) She wants to continue with what her husband started there.
(d) She wants to find Zeitoun.
4. Why does Kathy's mother think she wears the hijab?
(a) To make people uncomfortable.
(b) For her husband.
(c) For her children.
(d) To bother her family.
5. Why can't Zeitoun call Kathy at Yuko's house?
(a) He is afraid to tell others where she is.
(b) His phone is dead.
(c) He is hand cuffed.
(d) He doesn't have her number memorized.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men break into Zeitoun's house?
2. Why is Zeitoun told he can't use the phone at the bus terminal?
3. What is involved in the criminal processing?
4. What does the yard look like after Zeitoun is awoken by a strange sound?
5. What year does this take place in?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)