* Zeitoun and his brother were sardine fishers in Syria, where they grew up. They would fish at night and bring money from the market to their mother.
* 34 years later, Zeitoun has a wife and 4 kids in New Orleans where he is a painter and property owner.
* Zeitoun forgot to bring his baby daughter into the house when he brought her home from the hospital, and his wife still teases him about it.
* Reports about Hurricane Katrina are coming in, but Kathy and Zeitoun think they are exaggerated.
* Zeitoun and Kathy met on a blind date. They had an instant connection, but were friends for a few years before they became romantic.
* Kathy had recently converted to Islam before they met. She got offended by her Christian Pastor who demanded more donations from his congregation.
* Zeitoun's brother calls to tell him to evacuate. When the hurricane upgrades...
This section contains 1,863 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)