Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
2. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
3. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
4. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
5. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
Essay Topic 1
The mother-daughter relationship is something that helps carry the story from beginning to end and has perhaps the biggest impact on the author's life.
1) What can we learn about the impact Audre's relationship with her mother had based on her portrayal of her childhood experiences with her mother?
2) What circumstances led to Audre's estrangement from her mother as she grew older? What might the author wish for this progression to represent in terms of character development?
3) What deductions can be made about the author's final opinions of the mother-daughter relationship based on her belief that her desires to be with women came from her mother's blood?
Essay Topic 2
The novel's genre offers many points of discussion with both its autobiographical and mythological material.
1) What aspects of the book appear to be purely autobiographical regarding the author's life?
2) What reasons would the author have for using mythological facts within the book alongside her personal accounts, does this help fill in gaps in the text?
3) How is the inclusion of both autobiographical and mythological methods in the book able to create a more well rounded portrayal of the author's life journey?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Audre's first lesbian relationship with Gennie to her most serious lesbian relationship with Muriel. What can we learn about the evolution of Audre's sexuality based on the comparison of her relationship with these two women?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)