|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
2. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
3. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
4. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
5. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance that poetry and storytelling have in the book. How does the author use these devices as an outlet to express her own frustrations and desires about her social surroundings and humanity in general?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of work presented in the book. What opportunities did work present to Audre that she was not finding in school and what life lessons was she able to learn from her work experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Audre's feminist efforts with those made by white feminists years later. What reasons does Audre have for criticizing these women who seem to be fighting for the same things she was?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)