|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
2. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
3. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
4. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
5. What year is it in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of women in the book. What lessons of empowerment is the author offering to women in this book? What does she hope for others to learn from this book regarding the diverse nature of women?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Audre's feminist efforts with those made by white feminists years later. What reasons does Audre have for criticizing these women who seem to be fighting for the same things she was?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of education in the book and the impact it had on Audre's life. How did Audre's views towards education evolve throughout the book and what outside influences were responsible for this path?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)