|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
2. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
3. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
4. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
5. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of alienation that is portrayed in the book. What impact does Audre's alienation from much of her surroundings have on the way she views the world? Does she appear to have overcome her alienation, at least to some degree, by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Audre's time spent with "The Branded" versus the "Sistah Outsiders". Which group allowed Audre to grow more as a person? What impact did Audre's being a part of these groups have on her actions in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of change that is presented in the book through the portrayal of various historical, political, and social situations. How does the author document the literal changes she found in these areas in the United States alongside the figurative changes in her own life?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)