Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
2. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
3. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
4. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
5. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
Essay Topic 1
The subject of race is one seen on many different levels throughout the author's life.
1) How is Audre's view of race first discovered and what impact does her experiences with segregation as a child appear to have on her views of race later in life?
2) How is race categorized differently in Harlem as opposed to other parts of the U.S. and what traits are present there to make it so unique?
3) What role does Audre's race play in defining her own character and her actions in life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance that poetry and storytelling have in the book. How does the author use these devices as an outlet to express her own frustrations and desires about her social surroundings and humanity in general?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of lesbianism is an important one in the book and helps define the protagonist more clearly.
1) What impact does Audre's poetry writing have on her ability to be open about her lesbianism for the first time, especially considering her relations with The Branded at the time?
2) What is telling of the evolution of Audre's lesbianism based on her relationships with Gennie and Muriel?
3) What role does Audre play in the New York lesbian scene and what does this community mean to her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)