Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
2. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
3. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
4. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
5. What year is it in Chapter 27?
Discuss the portrayal of community in the book. What importance does the author place on being a part of a community, namely one where there is a sense of belonging, based on the portrayals of The Branded and the Sistah Outsiders?
Discuss the portrayal of Audre's coming of age in the book. What impact did Audre's near blindness at birth and relationship with her mother have on her sexual coming of age in the book, and why is this significant?
Examine the portrayal of women in the book. What lessons of empowerment is the author offering to women in this book? What does she hope for others to learn from this book regarding the diverse nature of women?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)