|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
(a) Boiling water.
(b) The stove.
(d) A candle.
2. What does Audre give to a man who tries to rape her in Chapter 23?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her wallet.
3. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Her high intelligence.
(c) Her passion for writing.
(d) Her lesbianism.
4. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) Sistah Outsiders.
(b) The Branded.
(c) The Together.
(d) The Slain.
5. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Audre's friend Marie marries?
2. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
3. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
4. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
5. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre react to her new scenery after moving to Mexico?
2. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
3. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
4. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
5. How is Audre's peak in her lesbianism described after she drops out of college?
6. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
7. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
8. How is the New York lesbian scene described in Chapter 29?
9. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
10. How is the city of Cuernavaca described in the book when Audre moves there?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)