|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
(a) Outstrips other employees.
(b) Earns many bonuses.
(c) Performs poorly.
(d) Saves money.
2. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
3. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(a) The Branded.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The writer's guild members.
4. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A job.
(b) A car.
(c) A house.
(d) A girlfriend.
5. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
2. Which of the following qualities does Audre not say she struggles to have accepted by American society?
3. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
4. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
5. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Audre to drop out of college?
2. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
3. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
4. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
5. How is the New York lesbian scene described in Chapter 29?
6. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
7. Why does Audre express frustration regarding white feminists in Chapter 23?
8. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
9. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
10. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)