|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
2. What is the name of the first friend Audre makes in Mexico?
3. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(a) Very welcome.
(c) Like a stranger.
4. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He was shot.
5. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
2. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
3. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
4. What is the name of Audre's boss whom she rebels against in Chapter 24?
5. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
2. How is the character Eudora first described in the book?
3. How is Audre's relationship with Muriel first described in the book?
4. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
5. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
6. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
7. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
8. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
9. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
10. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)