|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
2. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
(a) A candle.
(c) Boiling water.
(d) The stove.
3. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A cook.
(c) Library clerk.
(d) A teacher.
4. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
5. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
2. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
3. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
4. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
5. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
2. How is Muriel's affair with Toni described in the book?
3. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
4. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
5. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
6. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
7. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
8. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
9. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
10. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)