|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social cause does Audre discuss her involvement in, in Chapter 20?
(c) Committee to Free the Rosenbergs.
(d) Protests against the war.
2. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
3. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
4. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
(a) "My Poetry".
(b) "Writing an autobiography".
(c) "The Last of My Childhood Nightmares".
(d) "My Sexual Awakening".
5. What job does Audre get after returning to Stamford from visiting her father?
(a) A cook.
(b) An X-ray technician.
(d) A driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
2. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
3. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
4. What happens to Audre's father that requires her to come home from Stamford?
5. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
2. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
3. How is Audre's peak in her lesbianism described after she drops out of college?
4. How does Audre react to her new scenery after moving to Mexico?
5. How is Audre's mental state described after she moves to Stamford?
6. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
7. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
8. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
9. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her treatment in society as a black woman in comparison with her white lesbian friends?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)