|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
2. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
3. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
4. What happens to Audre's father that requires her to come home from Stamford?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He gets in an accident.
(d) He dies.
5. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Suicide risk.
(d) Drug addicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
3. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
4. What does Audre give to a man who tries to rape her in Chapter 23?
5. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)