|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
2. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
3. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
4. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
5. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
2. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
3. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
4. What happens to Audre's father that requires her to come home from Stamford?
5. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Audre to drop out of college?
2. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
3. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
4. How does Audre describe her treatment in society as a black woman in comparison with her white lesbian friends?
5. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
6. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
7. How does Audre react to her new scenery after moving to Mexico?
8. How is Audre's mental state described after she moves to Stamford?
9. What is the nature of the piece of writing of Muriel's that Audre finds in Chapter 28?
10. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)