|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
2. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
3. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(b) Mother and daughter.
4. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(a) Cancer patients.
(b) Suicide risk.
(d) Drug addicts.
5. What kind of business does Eudora own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A candle shop.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
2. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
3. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
4. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
5. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
2. How is the city of Cuernavaca described in the book when Audre moves there?
3. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
4. How is Audre's relationship with Muriel first described in the book?
5. How is the character Eudora first described in the book?
6. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
7. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
8. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
9. How is Audre's peak in her lesbianism described after she drops out of college?
10. What is the nature of the piece of writing of Muriel's that Audre finds in Chapter 28?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)