|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre discuss the rise of in Chapter 17?
2. What ailment does Eudora suffer from?
(b) Cerebral palsy.
3. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
4. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
5. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
2. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
3. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
4. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
5. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the New York lesbian scene described in Chapter 29?
2. How is the city of Cuernavaca described in the book when Audre moves there?
3. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
4. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
5. How is the character Eudora first described in the book?
6. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
7. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
8. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
9. What is the nature of the piece of writing of Muriel's that Audre finds in Chapter 28?
10. What causes Audre to drop out of college?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)