|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's boss whom she rebels against in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Goodrich.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mrs. White.
2. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
3. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
4. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
5. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Library clerk.
(d) A cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
2. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
3. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
4. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
5. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
2. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
3. What is the nature of the piece of writing of Muriel's that Audre finds in Chapter 28?
4. How is Audre's peak in her lesbianism described after she drops out of college?
5. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
6. Why does Audre express frustration regarding white feminists in Chapter 23?
7. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
8. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
9. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her treatment in society as a black woman in comparison with her white lesbian friends?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)