|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
2. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To have children.
(b) To have many lovers.
(c) To marry a man.
(d) To get a job.
3. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
4. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Takes their dog.
(b) Runs away with Muriel.
(c) Steals their car.
(d) Steals their money.
5. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
2. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
3. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
4. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
5. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
2. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
3. How does Audre describe her treatment in society as a black woman in comparison with her white lesbian friends?
4. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
5. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
6. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
7. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
8. How is the city of Cuernavaca described in the book when Audre moves there?
9. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
10. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)