|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
2. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
3. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) German and History.
(b) Trigonometry and German.
(c) Spanish and Algebra.
(d) English and History.
4. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
5. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
2. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
3. What does Audre give to a man who tries to rape her in Chapter 23?
4. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
5. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
2. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
3. How is the Interlude: The Last of My Childhood Nightmares described in the book?
4. How is Audre's relationship with Bea described in the book?
5. How is Muriel's affair with Toni described in the book?
6. How is Audre's mental state described after she moves to Stamford?
7. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
8. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
9. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)