|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Black shop laws.
(b) Post war laws.
(c) Red bar laws.
(d) Closed-shop laws.
2. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) Her passion for writing.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Her high intelligence.
(d) Her lesbianism.
3. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
4. What is the name of Eudora's old lover whom she owns a business with?
5. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
2. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
4. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
5. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's work as an X-ray technician described in the book?
2. How does Audre describe her job at the New York Public Library?
3. Why does Audre express frustration regarding white feminists in Chapter 23?
4. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
5. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
6. How does Audre react to her new scenery after moving to Mexico?
7. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
8. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
9. How is Audre's peak in her lesbianism described after she drops out of college?
10. How is Audre's mental state described after she moves to Stamford?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)