|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that expresses how Carriacou women love one another in the book?
2. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Chop herbs.
(b) Pound spices.
(c) Butcher meat.
(d) Bake bread.
3. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Sister Mary Lawrence.
(b) Ann Archdeacon.
5. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
(a) Having friends.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Having pets.
(d) Making up stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
2. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
4. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
5. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
2. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
3. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
4. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
5. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
6. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
7. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
8. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
9. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)