|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
2. What event does the author note as bringing much difficulty upon her family in Chapter 1?
(a) D Day.
(b) World War II.
(c) The stock market crash.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
3. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) Tries to get an abortion.
(b) Looks for an adoption agency.
(c) Gets a doctor to look at it.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
4. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A pet.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new home.
5. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
2. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
3. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
4. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
5. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
2. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
3. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
4. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
5. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
6. How is the beginning of Audre's desire for female companionship described in the book?
7. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
8. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
9. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
10. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)