|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
2. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
3. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
4. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Butcher meat.
(c) Pound spices.
(d) Chop herbs.
5. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Slashed.
(b) The Branded.
(c) Sistah Outsiders.
(d) The Stained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
2. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
3. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
4. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
5. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
2. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
3. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
4. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
5. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
6. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
7. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
8. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
9. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
10. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)