|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her blood type.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her full name.
(d) Her race.
2. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Guardian prayers.
(b) Prayers of scripture.
(c) Angel prayers.
(d) Hail Marys.
3. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Chicken soup.
4. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
2. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
3. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
5. What subjects did Audre learn well in elementary school that help her in her next school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
2. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
3. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
4. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
5. How is Gennie's death described in the book?
6. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
7. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
8. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
9. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)