|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy occurs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) D Day.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Fights with him.
(b) Marries him.
(c) Breaks up with him.
(d) Makes love with him.
3. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(d) Full of abuse.
4. What political stance does Audre begin conforming to in Chapter 13?
5. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
2. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
3. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
4. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
5. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
2. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
3. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
4. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
5. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
6. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
7. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
8. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
9. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
10. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)