|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
2. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Fights with him.
(b) Makes love with him.
(c) Marries him.
(d) Breaks up with him.
3. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 day.
4. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class vice president.
(b) Class president.
(c) Class treasurer.
(d) Class secretary.
5. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
2. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
3. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
4. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
5. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
2. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
3. How does Audre's friend Lynn cause problems between her and Muriel when she moves in with them?
4. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
5. How is Audre's first time making love with Ginger described in the book?
6. Why does Audre express frustration regarding white feminists in Chapter 23?
7. How does Audre begin a relationship with a woman named Kitty?
8. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
9. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
10. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)