|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
(a) Making up stories.
(b) Having friends.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Having pets.
2. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Chop herbs.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Butcher meat.
(d) Pound spices.
3. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
4. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
(a) Move out of her parent's house.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Find a new boyfriend.
(d) Start college.
5. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gennie die in the book?
2. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
3. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
4. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
5. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
2. How is Audre's relationship with Eudora first described in the book?
3. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
4. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
5. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
6. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
7. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
8. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
9. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
10. How is the New York lesbian scene described in Chapter 29?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)