|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(c) Racial and sexual.
2. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
(a) St. Ignatius.
(b) St. Catherine's School.
(c) St. Mary's Episcopal.
(d) St. Patrick of Hope.
3. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
4. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
5. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
2. What is the name of Audre's first love?
3. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
4. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
5. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
2. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
3. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
4. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
5. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
6. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
7. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
8. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
9. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)