Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class president.
(b) Class treasurer.
(c) Class secretary.
(d) Class vice president.
2. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(a) Racial and sexual.
3. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
4. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
(a) Eudora Smith.
(b) August Baker.
(c) Louisa May.
(d) Barbara Hall.
5. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
2. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
3. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
4. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
5. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
2. What does Audre do after finding out her father had a stroke?
3. How is Audre's involvement in the Committee to Free the Rosenbergs described?
4. How are the "closed-shop" laws described in the book?
5. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
6. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
7. How does Audre react to her new scenery after moving to Mexico?
8. How is Audre's near-rape described in Chapter 23?
9. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
10. What happens to Muriel to cause her split with Audre in the book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)