|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Audre have?
2. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
4. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
(c) Mother and daughter.
5. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) The knife.
(b) The mortar.
(c) The whisk.
(d) A wooden spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
2. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
3. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
4. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
5. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
2. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
3. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
4. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
5. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
6. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
7. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
8. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
9. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
10. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)