|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Audre when she is raped on a rooftop?
2. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her principal.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her last name.
(b) Made up stories.
(c) Her alphabet.
(d) Her first name.
4. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(c) Sneak out.
(d) Brush their hair.
5. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
2. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
3. Whom does Audre share a bed with growing up?
4. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
5. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
2. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
3. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
4. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
5. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
6. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
7. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
8. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
9. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
10. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)