|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(b) Science and manual dexterity.
(c) Reading and math.
(d) Math and science.
2. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 month.
3. What event does the author note as bringing much difficulty upon her family in Chapter 1?
(a) The stock market crash.
(b) World War II.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) D Day.
4. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
5. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(b) Roast beef.
(d) Chicken soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
2. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
3. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
4. What disability is the protagonist born with?
5. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the beginning of Audre's desire for female companionship described in the book?
2. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
3. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
4. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
5. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
6. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
7. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
8. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
9. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
10. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)