|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her last name.
(b) Made up stories.
(c) Her first name.
(d) Her alphabet.
2. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is in denial.
(b) She is crushed.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is angry.
3. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(d) Full of abuse.
4. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
5. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) It takes patience.
(b) The smell is nice.
(c) She likes pounding meat.
(d) She likes pounding garlic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political stance does Audre begin conforming to in Chapter 13?
2. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
3. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
4. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
5. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
2. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
3. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
4. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
5. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
6. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
7. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
8. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
9. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
10. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)