|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A cook.
(d) A comic book storeowner.
3. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
4. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
5. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
2. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
3. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
4. What disability is the protagonist born with?
5. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
2. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
3. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
4. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
5. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
6. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
7. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
8. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
9. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
10. How is the beginning of Audre's desire for female companionship described in the book?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)