|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's first love?
2. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
4. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 day.
5. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
2. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
3. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
4. What event does the author note as bringing much difficulty upon her family in Chapter 1?
5. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
2. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
3. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
4. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
5. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
6. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
7. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
8. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
9. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)