|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
2. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
3. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
4. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
(a) Move out of her parent's house.
(b) Start college.
(c) Find a new boyfriend.
(d) Get a job.
5. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
2. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
3. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
4. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
5. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
2. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
3. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
4. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
5. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
6. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
7. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
8. How does Audre describe sharing a bed with her older sisters as a young girl?
9. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
10. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)