|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class vice president.
(b) Class president.
(c) Class treasurer.
(d) Class secretary.
2. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
3. Whom does Audre share a bed with growing up?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her sisters.
4. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(b) Irish tone.
5. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
2. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
3. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
4. What subjects did Audre learn well in elementary school that help her in her next school?
5. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
2. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
3. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
4. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
5. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
6. How does Audre describe being raped on a rooftop when she was 10-years-old?
7. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
8. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
9. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
10. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)