|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
2. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
(a) St. Patrick of Hope.
(b) St. Catherine's School.
(c) St. Mary's Episcopal.
(d) St. Ignatius.
4. What political stance does Audre begin conforming to in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
(a) August Baker.
(b) Louisa May.
(c) Barbara Hall.
(d) Eudora Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
2. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
3. What is the name of Audre's first love?
4. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
5. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
2. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
3. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
4. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
5. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
6. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
7. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
8. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
9. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
10. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)