|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(a) Reading and math.
(b) Science and manual dexterity.
(c) Math and science.
2. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A cook.
(c) A comic book storeowner.
(d) A teacher.
3. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
4. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teacher.
5. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A pet.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
2. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
3. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
4. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
5. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
2. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
3. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
4. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
5. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
6. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
7. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
8. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
9. How does Audre describe her introduction to cooking in the book?
10. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)