|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(c) Brush their hair.
(d) Sneak out.
2. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(b) Female acceptance.
(c) Attention from her father.
(d) Male acceptance.
3. What is the name of Audre's first love?
4. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
(a) August Baker.
(b) Eudora Smith.
(c) Barbara Hall.
(d) Louisa May.
5. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(a) Roast beef.
(d) Chicken soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
2. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
3. What tragedy occurs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
5. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
2. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
3. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
4. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
5. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
6. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
7. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
8. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
9. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
10. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)