|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Makes love with him.
(b) Breaks up with him.
(c) Fights with him.
(d) Marries him.
2. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(a) Political institutions and history.
(b) Educational systems.
3. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
4. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
5. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gennie die in the book?
2. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
3. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
4. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
5. What is the name of Audre's first love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
2. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
3. How are "The Branded" first described in the book?
4. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
5. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
6. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
7. How does the author describe her parents' relationship for the first time in the book?
8. How is Audre's poetry writing described when she first joins The Branded?
9. How is the beginning of Audre's desire for female companionship described in the book?
10. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)