|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. What job does an aptitude test suggest Audre have when she takes it in high school?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A dental technician.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A doctor.
3. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
4. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(a) Making love.
(d) A kiss.
5. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(a) She lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
2. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
3. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
4. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
5. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Audre's actions to be prepared after Pearl Harbor described in the book?
2. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
3. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
4. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
5. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
6. How is Audre's work ethic at St. Catherine's described in regards to her schoolwork?
7. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
8. What is the nature of the results of the aptitude test Audre takes in high school?
9. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
10. How does a boy named Alvin help Audre succeed in her first grade class?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)