|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
(a) Pottery making.
(b) Poetry writing.
2. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her blood type.
(c) Her full name.
(d) Her race.
3. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A new mother.
(d) A little sister.
4. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her alphabet.
(b) Her first name.
(c) Her last name.
(d) Made up stories.
5. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
2. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
3. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
4. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
5. How does Gennie die in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
2. How does Audre react to Gennie's death in the book?
3. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
4. How is the meaning of Zami first described in the book?
5. How is Gennie's death described in the book?
6. How is Gennie's relationship with her mother Louisa described in the book?
7. How are the Carriacou women first described in the book?
8. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
9. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
10. What role does Audre's love for making up stories have in her becoming a writer?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)