|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her last name.
(b) Her first name.
(c) Her alphabet.
(d) Made up stories.
2. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Fights with him.
(b) Breaks up with him.
(c) Makes love with him.
(d) Marries him.
3. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
4. What disability is the protagonist born with?
(b) No fingers.
(c) One arm.
(d) Near blindness.
5. What is the name of Audre's first love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
2. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name that expresses how Carriacou women love one another in the book?
4. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
5. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Audre's mental state described after she moves to Stamford?
2. How does Audre describe Stamford, Connecticut when she first moves there?
3. What is the nature of the conclusion Audre comes to regarding mothers at the end of the book?
4. Why is Audre jealous of her older sisters while growing up?
5. How does Audre's relationship with Kitty end?
6. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
7. What political advancements lead to Audre moving back to the U.S. from Mexico?
8. How does Audre begin a relationship with a woman named Kitty?
9. How is Audre's abortion described in the book?
10. How does Audre describe her first menstruation in the book?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)