|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
2. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(a) She lies.
3. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His inventory.
(b) His books.
(c) His receipts.
(d) His money.
4. What job does an aptitude test suggest Audre have when she takes it in high school?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dental technician.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Made up stories.
(b) Her alphabet.
(c) Her last name.
(d) Her first name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
2. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
3. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
4. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
5. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Audre learn to read before going to school?
2. What does Audre do when she plays with a little girl named Toni in the book?
3. What does Audre's mother believe is happening to Gennie to cause her to commit suicide?
4. How is Audre's relationship with Peter described in the book?
5. How does Audre initially react to the tragedy of Pearl Harbor?
6. How is Audre's first experience with segregation described in the book?
7. How does Audre describe her view of her mother when she was a young child in Harlem?
8. How is Audre's consciousness of what race means first described in the book?
9. What does Audre do after being molested by a comic book storeowner?
10. How does Audre describe her time spent working with her father in Chapter 9?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)