|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
(a) Her work ethic.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her accomplishments.
(d) Her looks.
2. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(b) Suicide risk.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Drug addicts.
3. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
4. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Takes their dog.
(b) Runs away with Muriel.
(c) Steals their money.
(d) Steals their car.
5. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
6. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
7. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) Mexico University.
(b) The College of Arts.
(c) College Cuernavaca.
(d) Ciudad Universitaria.
8. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Post war laws.
(b) Closed-shop laws.
(c) Black shop laws.
(d) Red bar laws.
9. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(b) The writer's guild members.
(c) The Branded.
(d) Her parents.
10. What social cause does Audre discuss her involvement in, in Chapter 20?
(a) Committee to Free the Rosenbergs.
(c) Protests against the war.
11. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A car.
(c) A house.
(d) A job.
12. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
13. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
14. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
15. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
2. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
3. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
4. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
5. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)