|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
2. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) The College of Arts.
(b) Mexico University.
(c) College Cuernavaca.
(d) Ciudad Universitaria.
3. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Red bar laws.
(b) Black shop laws.
(c) Closed-shop laws.
(d) Post war laws.
4. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) English and History.
(b) Trigonometry and German.
(c) German and History.
(d) Spanish and Algebra.
5. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) A factory.
(b) A housing community.
(c) A local bar.
(d) The Black Community Center.
6. What is the name of Eudora's old lover whom she owns a business with?
7. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
(d) New York.
8. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was shot.
9. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A cook.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Library clerk.
10. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
11. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
12. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(b) Very welcome.
(d) Like a stranger.
13. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
14. What kind of treatments does Muriel blame for stealing a part of her?
15. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To have many lovers.
(b) To have children.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To marry a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
2. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
3. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
4. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
5. What is the name of the first friend Audre makes in Mexico?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)