|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
(a) La Mana.
(c) La Periodista.
2. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
3. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(b) Very welcome.
(c) Like a stranger.
4. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
5. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
6. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
7. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
8. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(c) Mother and daughter.
9. What job does Audre get after returning to Stamford from visiting her father?
(a) A cook.
(b) A driver.
(c) An X-ray technician.
10. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
11. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) The Bronx Black Society.
(d) The New York Mathematicians.
12. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
13. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Her passion for writing.
(c) Her high intelligence.
(d) Her lesbianism.
14. What social cause does Audre discuss her involvement in, in Chapter 20?
(a) Protests against the war.
(b) Committee to Free the Rosenbergs.
15. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
2. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
3. What happens to Audre's father that requires her to come home from Stamford?
4. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
5. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)