|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
2. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) The New York Mathematicians.
(d) The Bronx Black Society.
3. What type of relationship does Audre say that many lesbians are into?
(a) Dominance and submission.
4. What is the name of Audre's boss whom she rebels against in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Goodrich.
(d) Mrs. White.
5. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
6. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Closed-shop laws.
(b) Black shop laws.
(c) Red bar laws.
(d) Post war laws.
7. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
(a) The House of Representatives.
(b) The President.
(d) The Supreme Court.
8. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He had a heart attack.
9. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(b) Very welcome.
(c) Like a stranger.
10. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
11. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) The Black Community Center.
(b) A local bar.
(c) A factory.
(d) A housing community.
12. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
13. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
14. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
15. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To marry a man.
(b) To have many lovers.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
2. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
3. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
4. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
5. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)