|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
2. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
3. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
(a) "My Poetry".
(b) "The Last of My Childhood Nightmares".
(c) "Writing an autobiography".
(d) "My Sexual Awakening".
4. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(c) Mother and daughter.
5. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
6. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A car.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A job.
(d) A house.
7. What kind of treatments does Muriel blame for stealing a part of her?
8. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To marry a man.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To have children.
(d) To have many lovers.
9. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) Her high intelligence.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Her passion for writing.
10. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
11. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He drowned.
12. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
13. What does Audre discuss the rise of in Chapter 17?
14. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) The Slain.
(b) The Branded.
(c) The Together.
(d) Sistah Outsiders.
15. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
2. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
3. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
4. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
5. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)