|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
2. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
3. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
4. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
5. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
6. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
7. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To have children.
(c) To have many lovers.
(d) To marry a man.
8. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
(a) A candle.
(c) The stove.
(d) Boiling water.
9. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
10. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
11. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
12. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A car.
(b) A job.
(c) A house.
(d) A girlfriend.
13. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) Her passion for writing.
(b) Her high intelligence.
(c) Her lesbianism.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
14. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Library clerk.
15. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
2. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
3. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
4. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
5. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)