|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
2. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
3. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(a) The writer's guild members.
(b) Her parents.
(d) The Branded.
4. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He drowned.
5. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) The Bronx Black Society.
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) The New York Mathematicians.
(d) The Harlem Writers Guild.
6. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
7. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
8. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
9. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
(d) The Soviet Union.
10. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) Library clerk.
11. What does Audre discuss the rise of in Chapter 17?
12. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
13. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
(b) The President.
(c) The House of Representatives.
(d) The Supreme Court.
14. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
(a) New York.
15. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
2. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
3. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
4. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
5. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)