|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) A candle shop.
2. What year is it in Chapter 27?
3. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
4. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
(a) "My Sexual Awakening".
(b) "The Last of My Childhood Nightmares".
(c) "Writing an autobiography".
(d) "My Poetry".
5. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
6. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A job.
7. What type of relationship does Audre say that many lesbians are into?
(d) Dominance and submission.
8. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
9. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
10. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
11. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
(a) Her work ethic.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her accomplishments.
12. What social cause does Audre discuss her involvement in, in Chapter 20?
(a) Protests against the war.
(c) Committee to Free the Rosenbergs.
13. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
14. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
(d) New York.
15. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(a) Cancer patients.
(c) Drug addicts.
(d) Suicide risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
2. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
3. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
4. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
5. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)