|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
2. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
3. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
4. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
5. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
6. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
7. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A job.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
8. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
9. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
10. What job does Audre get after returning to Stamford from visiting her father?
(a) A cook.
(b) A driver.
(d) An X-ray technician.
11. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Branded.
(d) The writer's guild members.
12. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
13. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
(a) "Writing an autobiography".
(b) "My Poetry".
(c) "My Sexual Awakening".
(d) "The Last of My Childhood Nightmares".
14. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
15. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
2. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
3. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
4. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
5. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)