|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(b) Her parents.
(c) The writer's guild members.
(d) The Branded.
2. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
(c) La Periodista.
(d) La Mana.
3. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
4. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
5. What kind of treatments does Muriel blame for stealing a part of her?
6. Which of the following qualities does Audre not say she struggles to have accepted by American society?
(c) Political involvement.
(d) Sexual orientation.
7. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
8. What is the name of the first friend Audre makes in Mexico?
9. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
10. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
11. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
12. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) Ciudad Universitaria.
(b) The College of Arts.
(c) Mexico University.
(d) College Cuernavaca.
13. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Library clerk.
14. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
15. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Runs away with Muriel.
(b) Steals their car.
(c) Takes their dog.
(d) Steals their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
2. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
3. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
4. What college was Eudora the first woman to attend?
5. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)