|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Eudora own?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A candle shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bar.
2. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A cook.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Library clerk.
(d) A teacher.
3. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) Sistah Outsiders.
(b) The Slain.
(c) The Together.
(d) The Branded.
4. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
5. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
6. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) The College of Arts.
(b) College Cuernavaca.
(c) Mexico University.
(d) Ciudad Universitaria.
7. What is the name of the first friend Audre makes in Mexico?
8. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
9. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
10. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
11. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
12. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
(a) Stamford Hospital.
(b) Keystone Electronics.
(c) Manchester Lighting.
(d) General Electric.
13. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(b) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(c) The New York Mathematicians.
(d) The Bronx Black Society.
14. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
15. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(b) Mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
2. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
3. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
4. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
5. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)