|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
2. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
3. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
4. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(b) Mother and daughter.
5. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Runs away with Muriel.
(b) Steals their car.
(c) Takes their dog.
(d) Steals their money.
6. What type of relationship does Audre say that many lesbians are into?
(b) Dominance and submission.
7. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The President.
(c) The House of Representatives.
8. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
(d) New York.
9. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
10. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(b) The New York Mathematicians.
(c) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(d) The Bronx Black Society.
11. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
(d) The Soviet Union.
12. What is the name of Audre's boss whom she rebels against in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Goodrich.
(c) Mrs. White.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
13. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
(a) Her accomplishments.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her work ethic.
(d) Her intelligence.
14. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) The Together.
(b) Sistah Outsiders.
(c) The Branded.
(d) The Slain.
15. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(a) The Branded.
(b) The writer's guild members.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
2. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
3. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
4. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
5. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)