|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was in a car accident.
2. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
(d) New York.
3. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
4. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A house.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A car.
(d) A job.
5. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) Mexico University.
(b) Ciudad Universitaria.
(c) College Cuernavaca.
(d) The College of Arts.
6. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(c) Like a stranger.
(d) Very welcome.
7. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) Spanish and Algebra.
(b) Trigonometry and German.
(c) German and History.
(d) English and History.
8. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
9. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
10. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
11. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
12. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
13. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
14. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
15. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
2. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
3. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
4. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
5. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)