|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
2. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
3. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
(a) Earns many bonuses.
(b) Saves money.
(c) Outstrips other employees.
(d) Performs poorly.
4. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
5. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
6. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
7. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
(b) The Soviet Union.
8. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
9. What does Audre give to a man who tries to rape her in Chapter 23?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her wallet.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her clothes.
10. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He had a heart attack.
11. What does Audre find that Muriel finds threatening about her after reading something she wrote?
(a) Her work ethic.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her accomplishments.
(d) Her looks.
12. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
13. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A cook.
(b) Library clerk.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A teacher.
14. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
15. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
2. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
3. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
4. What does Audre say her flirtations must be as a part of the New York lesbian scene?
5. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)