|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Eudora suffer from?
(d) Cerebral palsy.
2. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
3. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
4. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
(a) "My Sexual Awakening".
(b) "The Last of My Childhood Nightmares".
(c) "My Poetry".
(d) "Writing an autobiography".
5. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
6. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
7. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) German and History.
(b) Trigonometry and German.
(c) English and History.
(d) Spanish and Algebra.
8. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
9. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Closed-shop laws.
(b) Post war laws.
(c) Red bar laws.
(d) Black shop laws.
10. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
11. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
12. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To marry a man.
(b) To have children.
(c) To have many lovers.
(d) To get a job.
13. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
14. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Branded.
(d) The writer's guild members.
15. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A car.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A job.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
2. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
3. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
4. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
5. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)