|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of relationship does Audre say that many lesbians are into?
(b) Dominance and submission.
2. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
3. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
(a) College Cuernavaca.
(b) Mexico University.
(c) The College of Arts.
(d) Ciudad Universitaria.
4. How does Audre describe her state of mind after her first lesbian sexual experience?
5. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
6. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
7. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
8. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
9. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
10. What do Audre and Muriel find they feel towards the woman who comes to live with them?
11. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
12. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
(b) The Soviet Union.
13. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
14. Which of the following qualities does Audre not say she struggles to have accepted by American society?
(b) Political involvement.
(c) Sexual orientation.
15. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) A housing community.
(b) The Black Community Center.
(c) A local bar.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
2. Where does Audre begin making plans to go to that she knows Eudora won't follow her to?
3. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
4. What is the name of Audre's boss whom she rebels against in Chapter 24?
5. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)