|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
2. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
3. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
4. What is the relationship between Ginger and Cora in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. What does Audre give to a man who tries to rape her in Chapter 23?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her wallet.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her jewelry.
6. What kind of treatments does Muriel blame for stealing a part of her?
7. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
8. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
9. What job does Audre find in Chapter 26?
(a) A teacher.
(b) Library clerk.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A cook.
10. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(a) The Branded.
(b) The writer's guild members.
(c) Her parents.
11. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(b) The New York Mathematicians.
(c) The Bronx Black Society.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous.
12. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) Trigonometry and German.
(b) German and History.
(c) Spanish and Algebra.
(d) English and History.
13. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
14. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
15. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
2. Where does Audre take classes while in Mexico?
3. What is the name of the second interlude in the book?
4. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
5. What country are the Rosenbergs accused of spying for?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)