|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre discuss the rise of in Chapter 17?
2. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her passion for writing.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Her high intelligence.
3. At what age had Audre's friend Ginger been married?
4. What social cause does Audre discuss her involvement in, in Chapter 20?
(a) Protests against the war.
(b) Committee to Free the Rosenbergs.
5. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
6. How old is Audre when she moves to Mexico?
7. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
8. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
9. Whose ex-boyfriend is a man named Art?
10. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
11. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) A factory.
(b) A local bar.
(c) The Black Community Center.
(d) A housing community.
12. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
13. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
14. Which of the following qualities does Audre not say she struggles to have accepted by American society?
(c) Sexual orientation.
(d) Political involvement.
15. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
(a) La Mana.
(c) La Periodista.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
2. What college was Eudora the first woman to attend?
3. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
4. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
5. What is the name of Audre's only black friend out of her lesbian group in New York?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)