|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
2. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
3. What is Eudora's nickname in the book?
(c) La Mana.
(d) La Periodista.
4. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Steals their car.
(b) Runs away with Muriel.
(c) Takes their dog.
(d) Steals their money.
5. What ailment does Eudora suffer from?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
6. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
(a) The President.
(b) The House of Representatives.
(c) The Supreme Court.
7. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
8. Whom does Audre spend too much time with that leads to her failing subjects in college?
(b) The writer's guild members.
(c) The Branded.
(d) Her parents.
9. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(b) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(c) The Bronx Black Society.
(d) The New York Mathematicians.
10. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
11. What kind of business does Eudora own?
(a) A bar.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A candle shop.
(d) A restaurant.
12. How did the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel say her husband died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He drowned.
13. What does Audre have trouble finding in Chapter 28?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) A job.
(d) A girlfriend.
14. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) The Together.
(b) The Branded.
(c) Sistah Outsiders.
(d) The Slain.
15. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
2. What job does Audre get after returning to Stamford from visiting her father?
3. What kind of treatments does Muriel blame for stealing a part of her?
4. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
5. What kind of history does Eudora teach Audre about?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)