|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
2. Where does Audre begin attending meetings at in Chapter 16?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(b) The Harlem Writers Guild.
(c) The Bronx Black Society.
(d) The New York Mathematicians.
3. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
4. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(a) Very welcome.
(b) Like a stranger.
5. How does Audre describe her grief over losing Muriel?
6. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
7. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
(a) Keystone Electronics.
(b) General Electric.
(c) Manchester Lighting.
(d) Stamford Hospital.
8. What pressure does Audre accredit for why her relationship with Ginger couldn't last?
(a) To marry a man.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To have children.
(d) To have many lovers.
9. Where does Audre develop a dream of moving to in Chapter 20?
10. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
11. What happens to Audre's father that requires her to come home from Stamford?
(a) He gets in an accident.
(b) He dies.
(c) He has a stroke.
(d) He has a heart attack.
12. What kind of friends does Audre say told her that her blackness made her partly invisible?
13. What is the name of the woman who comes to live with Audre and Muriel?
14. What is the name of Audre's old friend she runs into and whom Muriel likes?
15. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
(a) Outstrips other employees.
(b) Saves money.
(c) Performs poorly.
(d) Earns many bonuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
2. What college was Eudora the first woman to attend?
3. How does Audre feel after hearing Muriel and her old friend making love one night?
4. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
5. What year is it in Chapter 27?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)