|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre find that her old college friend is not interested in after they become romantically involved in Chapter 20?
2. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) A factory.
(b) A housing community.
(c) The Black Community Center.
(d) A local bar.
3. What kind of business does Eudora own?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A candle shop.
(d) A bookstore.
4. What is the name of the ex-varsity star in Muriel's high school that she runs into?
5. What is the name of the city Audre lives in while in Mexico?
6. What type of laws does Audre mention as being the reason she could find work in Stamford?
(a) Closed-shop laws.
(b) Black shop laws.
(c) Red bar laws.
(d) Post war laws.
7. Audre say that white feminists began taking credit for work she started. After how many years does this happen?
8. What is the name of the elderly woman Audre meets in Mexico?
9. What year is it in Chapter 27?
10. What is the name of Audre's old college friend whom she mourns the Rosenbergs with?
11. What is the name of the group of black lesbians Audre joins?
(a) Sistah Outsiders.
(b) The Branded.
(c) The Together.
(d) The Slain.
12. Which of the following descriptions is not given of Audre's work performance in Chapter 19?
(a) Performs poorly.
(b) Earns many bonuses.
(c) Saves money.
(d) Outstrips other employees.
13. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(a) Suicide risk.
(b) Drug addicts.
(c) Cancer patients.
14. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
(c) New York.
15. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's straight friend whom she admits her affair with Muriel to?
2. Where does Audre find a job as an x-ray machine operator?
3. How old is Audre when she has her first lesbian sexual experience?
4. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
5. Who desegregates schools after McCarthy is censured?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)