|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the women Audre saw as a candidate to have her first lesbian affair with?
2. What does Audre say she realized about herself after dropping out of college?
(a) Her high intelligence.
(b) Her passion for writing.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Her lesbianism.
3. How does Audre feel after first moving to Stamford?
4. What does Audre say that black females faced every day that white lesbians did not?
5. Complete the following sentence in the book, "To be black, female, gay, and out of the closet in a white environment was considered by many black lesbians to be simply ________."
6. What is the formal name of Audre's friend Ginger?
7. What subjects does Audre fail in college?
(a) Trigonometry and German.
(b) German and History.
(c) English and History.
(d) Spanish and Algebra.
8. What year are the Rosenbergs killed?
9. Whom does Audre describe as being a beautiful writer?
10. How does Audre feel in her old home after leaving Stamford to visit her father?
(a) Like a stranger.
(c) Very welcome.
11. Where does Audre move to after leaving Mexico?
(a) New York.
12. What does the woman who lives with Audre and Muriel do before leaving their home?
(a) Steals their money.
(b) Steals their car.
(c) Runs away with Muriel.
(d) Takes their dog.
13. Where does Audre first go once moving to Stamford?
(a) A local bar.
(b) A factory.
(c) A housing community.
(d) The Black Community Center.
14. What is the name of the woman Audre begins an affair with in Chapter 24?
15. What is the program that Muriel enlists in a hospital meant to help cure?
(a) Drug addicts.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Suicide risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics is not given to the character Muriel?
2. What does Audre burn her hand on after her relationship with Muriel begins falling apart?
3. What state is the city of Stamford in that Audre moves to in the book?
4. What does Audre find that her friend Muriel is more so than Audre is?
5. Which of the following women is not mentioned as being part of Audre's group of friends in Chapter 23?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)